Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slow lazy day I am taking slow and lazy.....

I will probably do some work on the AI job loss paper, preen myself up a bit, take care of IAIJ emails and that is about it.

Annihilation

I watched the movie “Annihilation” on Sunday which was great and only 5 dollars for this 2018 movie from the director that gave up Exmachina - how did this one fall off the radar? I then made it through half of Atomic Blond which seems so far to be a stupid movie. But the stunt actions sequences are fabulous. It is just great to see this stunt woman really get physical with fighting men! This reminds me of “Haywire” where the lead is this female ultimate fighter in real life. Just something about a woman that can kick ass! The director is a stunt guy too - so with the director’s commentary it is worth the money fishing it out of the 5 buck bin at Walmart.

Annihilation

I won’t fight it and just chill.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXrcFBJXjM&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyGK-25Z248&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff got done on the weekend but it was mostly relaxing. I did get the automation and AI job threat paper up and progressing. I will actually add to it after I post this.

Other stuff?

Two of our gang seem to be on the mend from some serious heath issues. A few others continue to deal with more chronic but livable issues. Everyone is getting older. Thus the reason I am rushing things on the advocacy front. You have to try when you can because nothing is for certain. I would normally give the UN a break for a year but you never know - we could lose status for some inexplicable reason. That would make going to the yearly big General Assembly meeting a very hard if not an impossible thing. The Commission for Social Development is status only so that disappears. People you met and who know you move in and out of jobs and retire, doing things after that means constantly having to prove yourself again to get a voice. Rules can change, all sorts of things can happen to scuttle your advocacy. You have to try to get it all in there while you can. And it’s always over before you realize it. At least I got the positive mandate and the global vote in there.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkHfZ0_S-gE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soaking in the tub.

I tried to get those old VHS tapes into Media Composer but no go. It won’t accept SD tape material anymore unless I create an SD project which I won’t do. I have Pinnacle and the SD version of Avid Xpress and so probably Avid and export as a lossless SD Quicktime. That tape of me from 1985 is so old I thought it may not play. The white plastic spools are actually orange now. So I recorded that and a segment from a movie film critics argue about because of cropping. My VHS material was from TV but the essential stuff is all there and I wasted a whole HDV tape doing all that but now I don’t have to worry about VHS tape failure anymore. I have three VHS tape players and one would not play properly. The other played grainy with washed out colour. I had a new super VHS player I never really used and used that one. So now I just convert it into regular movie files.

What else.....

As a life long V8 guy I shot this as a joke - but now I’m the last standing so no joke anymore!

There is one other guy in the hood with another V6 Mustang and that is it for current Mustangs. All the four cylinders models are gone from the hood as well as all the V8s. This car is now the most reliable car I have ever owned. I’m just looking long term now when I think about it. New models have arrived that look worse in styling and the quality control is horrible. The engines including the V8s are not unreliable. What a shame! The engines don’t even look like engines anymore because of direct injection plumbing. The V6 still looks like a traditional engine. Just a tweaked version of the six you find in Ford’s commercial trucks and fleet vehicles. Same with the tranny, a truck transmission just like my old V8 Mustang. But the lighter front end is the difference. The best steering I ever have experienced. No play and you can whip this thing into decreasing radius turns without worry - beat a Porsche that way as he chickened out. With the independent rear suspension and aluminium front end is all the difference. Steering is immediate with none of the under steering and sliding till it turns which creates this insecure feeling. This really is an autocross car in sheep’s clothing. And Ford wasn’t interested in selling it. But it’s just my daily driver now. I already purchased all my go fast goodies. It’s all about the long, long term now - this car is a keeper! I still love walking up to this car as it’s so good looking - and reliable to boot! So no regrets but what is next? I would say anyone with likes like me buy the new Corvette C8 which is the cheapest super car you can get. Maybe the only super car you can afford. You only live once and you and me are not getting any younger.

As for the UN we are in waiting mode. Don’t expect anything as I am in full rejection status with everything I touch lately. I got an email from Toronto Shorts with a ten dollar off coupon to submit before the deadline. I’d rather spend it on Starbucks. So I’m off to Starbucks.

The squirrel hasn’t figured out how to get back into the attic. Within five minutes of me typing his I heard something in the attic. So up there I go as I see a vulnerable area I may need to glue down. Confirmed, he’s back in - this is war!

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m still looking at rapidly developing strides in Quantum Entanglement. This is a big deal as the empirical knowledge starts to answer theoretical issues. Entanglement may create some problems for Relativity. Einstein wasn’t always right. He is a guy just like the rest of us. Newtonian physics made sense in its day as Relativity does today or yesterday. Perhaps there is no Holy Grail and just the limits to our understanding.

Here is the first recently released actual picture of entanglement:

(University of Glasgow)

You try your best.

Given that, do I really know what is best for humanity? As of today I would say “yes”. And that seems the best you can do given history. I was eating supper listening to a hardcore band called Backswing and their album SOS! still run a record label remember (“SOS” was the song) and I heard these lyrics:

“Shed your skin, you f**kin snake
There's nothing left of you cuz you're a f**kin fake
Drop the front, you'd break your spine
Cuz you have no foundation and your life is a lie
The only reason you have something to prove is because you stand for nothing and have nothing to lose.” (SOS-Backswing)

So as I lamented nothing but six months of rejection I get to hear this! Hahahahaaha.....

Backswing!

But we do the best we can. The reason I am where I am doing what I do is precisely because I can handle the rejection and keep pitching. Nobody in the western world wants a brown guy giving everyone their marching orders like the my positive mandate for humanity - but someone has to do it and it looks like it’s me.

“Take a hit motherf***er you've got nothing to lose
Stop the hate, just f**cking rage
Our only solace is right here in this place
You're here to fight? Don't push your luck
If you mess with anyone then you can get fucked
You're a try hard, you always have been
A washed up loser and a weak ass has been
You're here to fight? Don't push your luck
If you messed with anyone than you can get fucked
The only reason you have something to prove is because you stand for nothing and have nothing to lose” (SOS-Backswing)

Anyway there is always the music to rub it in. As much as I can contribute the subjective judgement, it is always there - my Achilles heel. I have to get back to writing those research papers.....

Goodnight.....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6O4aNZZv8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one of the last rejections or acceptances for the year is coming to a head…..

We will probably know in a week or so if I get into the UN in September. It really is just symbolic for me as I am not really doing anything other than parking my butt there and maybe talking to some of my contemporaries. But it is more complicated than that.

The society here in Canada I was born into, made a lot of claims about how good the society was – that for me at least – turned out to be false. We are not created equal. There really is no true justice in our courts. I could go on. For me society did not allow me full expression as in barriers to education, barriers to meeting women and dating and all of that, barriers to the work world and on and on. Injustices in our legal system went nowhere even though I submitted three Charter Applications as allowed under our constitution. Rights under our constitution don’t really exist if you ever test them. It’s only a past tense matter of fact thing. But rather than go on a very long rant about this, suffice to say society stated it stood for all these good things but that turned out to be a lie, society offered me nothing in return for being one of its citizens.

But while I can criticize, as I found out in philosophy class – do I have anything better to offer up? Well yes I do: The Positive Mandate for Humanity. Simple, and easily understood by all this ties up all the aspects of our society and makes sense of them all. Because I didn’t try to understand the total reality of the world we live in but rather, determined the essential characteristics of humans that brings out the best in us and build the axioms and postulates of humanity's marching orders on that. And I started to get the word out by disseminating it at the United Nations - I actually did accomplish that!

But you watch.

The biggest obstacle is that people don’t want to follow a directive issued by a brown guy – that is human nature right there – so even if the idea is good and works, we can’t use it because of the particular mind and mouth from which it came from. Human nature at its worst! But it is what it is. So I criticized society, but also offered up something better.

All of the above is just the reason why I feel I deserve to be at the UN in a few weeks. Who better outside of elected officials and their entourages? But we shall see. But that is the “why” behind all of that. So what do I do if the rejection comes? I’ll laugh – that is what I will do! And I’ll just carry on, as what more can I do…..

The reality just is, and reality cannot be fought. It is what it is, but I tried to make things around me a bit better for all, against the worst aspects of human nature.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late post.....

I spent my time buying an Apple Watch. Not a new one on the eve of the new models - but a used one real cheap. One ding and a couple of scratches and a new strap and I can’t complain

More later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright…..

Depressed with all this bad luck, I decided to splurge a bit on an Apple Watch. The cheapest Apple watch I could find. I never really saw the need for this watch but curiosity got the better of me and if I could get one really cheap and in working order I would buy it and see if there was any point. If there was I would pass it on to a family member and buy their most current thing.

The Dick Tracy watch!

I decided to try Kajiji for the first time and the cheapest Apple watches were 120-180. The first guy had a bricked watch that was un-paired from the previous iPhone and as such could not work properly. That was a shame as he was in Toronto. The second guy was in Bradford which is drivable. He had a first gen Apple Sport with three straps and one metal bracelet that was absolutely new! So I contacted him and we did this Kabuki thing where we would meet in front of the Walmart and I would wear my “Dance or Die – New York” white T-shirt so he could spot me. Sure enough he spots me and takes out this long white box with the watch and accessories. I found the watch in surprisingly good shape, worn but not trashed. The bricked watch had the aluminum literally worn off the corners. This one has one noticeable small dent by the crystal and a tinier one on the opposite side and that was basically it. When you get them like this you bitch to yourself why it had to have any imperfections at all but this watch is a couple of years old, so..... I had to make sure the watch paired and it did so we settled on 130 dollars and the watch and straps were mine. The rubber straps were brand new and one actual metal used bracelet was the one he used, so I got two virgin straps, with one in rubber and one metal bracelet. This actually puts the watch itself well under 100 bucks for the watch alone (62.20 actually as the two new straps are new and desirable at 30 bucks each with taxes) with the used bracelet but I still figured I paid too much. But I had the watch.

The back of the watch!

The original sport watches had Ion-X crystals instead of the synthetic sapphire that the others had and you can’t feel any scratches but it you clean it and super clean it with a micro fiber you will see some very light ones but not chips or gouges or actual scratches as these look more like scratches to the crystal coating. Best part is that the battery life is really good and not worn out and trashed as I expected! So I actually had a functioning watch!

The back of the watch measuring the heart beat!

No here comes the bad part I expected. The watch actually reminds me of those old Pulsar watches from the 1970s, as in the first watches that were digital with a LED readout. Those watches you had to press a button and it would give you the time in LED. This was cool at the time and the accuracy was phenomenal, but every time you watched the phone you used up the battery. I think you could use it 20 times a day and still get reasonable battery life. 20 times a day for the time – Hahahahahaha! That was a joke and the future cheaper watches were LCD always on design. The reason I mention this is because the Apple watch reminds me of the Pulsar. Every time you raise your wrist the thing wakes up and displays the time – even if you were not interested! And the flash of screen catches your attention and sometimes is actually distracting. So I tuned all that off from the shack to wake to notification – everything! So now I have incredible battery life, but only check the time Pulsar style by pressing the side button. 1970s tech in 2019! The heart rate monitor works but this is a one time gimmicky thing.

The thing is with your phone always near there is no point to this watch. Driving back home it automatically gave me access to the music I was playing in the car – but this was of no use to me. For one it is small and distracting on the highway, then as my phone is synched into the car – I have controls on the steering wheel and on the radio in the console – of utterly no use to me! The only point is if you do exercises and don’t want your phone strapped to your arm as you run and such. To me that is the only point to the watch. The only other point is to show the world you have an Apple watch. For this you could get away with a bricked watch that does not work. But someone would call your bluff so with the watch I have it can turn it on, show the apps, and still have the rapidly diminishing cool factor of owning an Apple watch! Nobody knows what version you are wearing anyway, just that your are wearing an Apple watch. So buying the cheap ass watch is a win-win. So I got that cheap!

And so that is my review of the Apple Watch. All told I got the cheapest entry into the Apple watch community and I don’t have to worry about scratching it as we are past that and the battery like is great which is the biggest surprise. But having said all that I cannot recommend anyone paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for this thing. This is a product looking for a reason to be on your wrist – and failing miserably. In less than 12 hours getting it I have no wish to keep the thing on the wrist except to wear it on Monday and tell the world I have this Apple watch on my wrist. That is the only thing to like about it. That you have this supposedly expensive watch on your wrist – even though mine is a cheap and early version of the watch. I figured I would get a couple of day’s fun out of this thing but I didn’t even get that - what a letdown! But at least I didn’t spend through the nose for this thing.

In other news. So I’m driving back from Bradford and almost home. I always stay away from dump trucks and gravel haulers and such as I always inevitably get chips on the paint of the car or chips to the windshield. This time I was almost home free and: POW! A rock nailed the windshield and now I had a real star shaped chip right in the middle of the windshield! All the repair places had closed so I probably will take it in on Monday and fix it. If the crack grows then it is replacement time and I don’t want that. So I will baby the car till then and only spend a few bucks. This incident took the excitement out of setting up the new watch. You wondered if it was better to have saved your cash and never had driven up there. But rock chips happen by chance and had nothing to do with the watch – it is what it is.....

And that was Saturday for me. I had the itch and scratched it and now I have an Apple watch. I may put on the metal band on as it is new, but the rubber band is new so these are the fashion decisions for a watch I don’t need and really don’t want. So I have done some of you a favor by placing some reality on the watch that Apple will unveil again as the greatest thing since sliced bread in 2 days as they show off the new iPhone and the 5th series Apple watch; but now you know better!

Consumerism at its finest!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBWywYirukE&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJVCEvq2cE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots to talk about but I will just focus in the Apple Watch as I may take back my previous review just a bit.

Like I said - I didn’t see any need for the watch as the phone was always around. But if we use the esim we may have a reason for this to exist. It took a day but all my apps and content started to populate the watch and the last were the credit cards in Apple Pay. Frankly I believe I can pay without connectivity to the phone and will test this out shortly. If that works literally everything you do on your phone can be done in the watch! With its own SIM card you can literally leave the wallet and phone behind.....

Apple Pay on the Apple watch!

The only problem with Apple is no camera at the moment. But with music stored in the watch you can Bluetooth to the earbuds and all the rest. I now see where Apple wants to go here. I also made the right move getting the cheap one to get to know the watch. If I spent hundreds on the non-esim watch I would be pissed off! Right now I have three phones and three sims so migrating one to a dedicated watch is a no-brainer! Now I have direction going forward. So this weekend was fun except for the chipped windshield which I got fixed on Sunday. I had all the previous chips taken care of all at once and the only one still noticeable was the big star chip which is now looking like a decent small chip but it is a huge improvement from before. So apart from that the watch ended up delivering. Everything works and the battery is still good. I can’t really complain.

Oh yes, the screen will scratch even with the synthetic sapphire. Apple’s version is a coating and with impurities so is one level down in hardness than the usual synthetic sapphire crystals in high end watches. It can scratch in the first week, so get a good tempered glass screen protector. They also shatter easier than the Ion-X so maybe the Ion-X is better on the original sport watch.

I also forgot to add that the squirrel was relocated not far from where I picked up the watch. A pity I could not do both at the same time. I should patch any suspect areas now before another one moves in.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZgbsPyeAs&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today is the big non-event at Apple as Tim Cook continues his rebranding of Apple from a cell phone company to a services company. This is what happened to Blackberry if you remember. The iPhone has lost its lustre and people are going to android for something new. It happens to every innovative company. Amazon for example started as a book company and look where that lead. IBM is no longer in making computers and is now cloud based. Microsoft gave cell phones a go and now is cloud computing rivalling Apple as one of the most valuable companies.

But Blackberry was the human guinea pig facing bankruptcy even with billions in cash until turn around specialist John Chen took over and killed the hardware business. It survived. Tim Cook’s mission is to keep the money coming in though high priced hardware till the money comes in regularly through its services. Same thing happened with Blackberry and BIS which is basically dead now.

No I didn’t make it up - they actually said it!

Companies are only interested in making money. They are not your friend. They are not the way to a better life despite what the advertising says. Juxtapose that with my companies which are your friend and really do point the way to a better life. And look at how I suffer.....

Look at how the world in general treats me.....

I’m just putting that out there as you read the press releases to get you to give away your money for the good life. Just keep it all in perspective - that is all.

I knew what I was getting into when I started Fortress - but it can really try you at times. A conglomerate of corporations to help humanity. The cards are played, I’m too old to start over and I’m playing for keeps..... I’ll leave it there as this convo will get negative. Buy that phone, wear that watch and stick those ear pods in your ears and watch others drool with envy - this is happiness, this is the good life, as long as you keep paying Apple. And get that Apple Titanium Card when the Apple Pay does not work!

Goodnight....

(NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKmkjTWDimQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit it – I was playing with the Apple watch…..

Browser on the Apple watch!

I got the browser to actually work – sort of. I have Facebook that works. I have Twitter that works. I have Instagram that works. Even WhatsApp if you pay for the apps. I am impressed!

Anyway, the new just revealed the Apple watch fifth generation has dropped and it almost has everything I want. The latest is the always on display so you can actually use it as a real watch and not the old pulsar push the butt type of thing. I may sell this watch and buy a fully featured new one and start to leave the phone home and rock alone with the watch now. I was a watch man and even had a Rolex for many years. So this is big stuff for me!

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2WFxqEoGCU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll be off for the next two weeks.....

Stuff to do? Well the squirrel is back in the house so I want to take care of that before winter. The UN on my birthday - that was always a long shot and I didn’t make it before so don’t get your hopes up. I do want to finish all the papers I have on the go. That sets me up for one last time in February to air all the issues people told me what they wanted to address through me to the UN all these years. Again no guarantees if they let me in but I want to finish all the work on that before October.

I also am doing the turnaround thing with the companies turning them in to typical businesses from businesses for the Fortress Experiment. The experiment is over and now they have to work as real businesses. This will take time and I’m not sure how interesting all of you will find that.....

Commodore 64!

I turn 60 in 11 days. That put me into this retrospective funk lately, but I am sort of beyond that now. I did get the experiment and the positive mandate finished and out there. The “out there” can go on or carry on in other venues as we get the message out – so there was that. But mostly you see that the human race is doomed in so many ways because it cannot change. When I was nine years old I thought things were changing on race issues and now I’m 60 and nothing has changed. You can try to push new ideas out there to help everyone but at the end of the day human nature is what it is and it stays the same. Despite what has happened the last 16 years, my personal life has gone just the way the anthropologists said it would given my race and where I was born. No position in society and no wife or family and basically no prospects – they were right – the other stuff I do falls outside of that universe and does not count. So is there no wonder why the people at the forefront of AI don’t seem to care about the plight of humans in the future.

Commodore 64!

When people were learning about the potential of the crumby first computers like the Commodore 64, we were taking Qubits at the kitchen table back there in the early 1980s. All that talk is reality now and I am one of the last from that era in any position to pass judgment having been there from the start. I was a kid in my twenties just out of university but I was fully cognizant of what this was all about. So I intent to stay around this community and perhaps in my own little way pass judgment on AI and humanity at this pivotal point. I’m not going to publically spell out exactly how to achieve sentience for true AI, but I did try to help humanity with the positive mandate. If you have been here the past year you know my thoughts of what the discovery of true sentience means to the reveal of what some would consider proof of God, it does make sense on paper and the only empirical way to show it, but I digress. Regardless, my turnabout in life may be as a witness to “judgment day” but not how the biblical scholars thought it would be. But it’s a cool thought to have in your head. All the adults and scholars from that era back then are senile old men and women now, all you have left are people like me – maybe a handful in the entire world - I may still get my moment…..

A 20 Qubit computer!

Turnabout is fair play…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost on vacation.....

Today I think I may find out my fate on the UN trip, and it may not be good news. As with the World Bank/IMF application. When it drags out it is usually not good news. In any event the UN has been fair to me and currently stands 9 acceptances to 7 rejections. I call the UN home as it was always a goal from childhood - a place I needed to be to express myself and be given a chance. And it turned out to be true. That three block long complex of metal and concrete is the only place so far where I am given a chance to be all I can be, and of course this includes special agencies like the Canadian Commission for UNESCO and UNESCO. The Canadian Commission for UNESCO made IAIJ an Institutional Member and forwarded me on to UNESCO in France which allowed me real access to the UN in New York. Contrast this with my experience in Canada. Originally I just wanted to be a journalist. I applied with samples of my work to a well known and established journalist association in Canada and they signed for my application and I never heard from them again - as usual. So I started up IAIJ for that reason then and there. That in a nut shell is how I am treated here where I grew up as opposed to the UN that was always known as “home”.

Home doesn’t mean things go my way, but home means I am accepted and treated fairly. A society where I can be all I can be. That is why I call it home. We will find out the outcome shortly but I just had to mention the stark contrast to the way I am treated there as opposed to whereI live. Nuff said!

In other news.....

I bought Apple AirPods!

This was necessary for my idea of being able to go somewhere without my large phone bulging through a pocket. So the Airpods are now in my house. The experience is better than expected though I just started using them. More later - and that is your update.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqdvVpU4M4&feature=share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jdAcMfL_rg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On vacation…..

Incredibly we don’t have a decision on the UN stuff, so we keep waiting and hoping. I was so sure we would have a rejection by now but this just goes on I guess. I don’t know what to tell you guys now as I really just don’t know. So we just wait…..

Why the AirPods. In short because of the Apple watch but also because I am sick and tired of the headphones breaking at the plug and having to buy more phones. If I give up on the earbuds and just use the airpod they have paid for themselves in one and a half years – assuming I haven’t lost them. That is key, as I never bust them at the earpiece, it is just the broken wire at the jack and then I have to replace the whole thing – so – with no wire or jack this thing should work until the batteries die out for good. These are the second generation and they sound as good if not better than the earbuds. They are intelligent too. When I put them on for the first time I met someone and had to converse with them so I pulled out one of the pod and that turned off the sound – and paused the music – and when done I put it back in my ear and both turned on and resumed play. Turns out they have proximity sensor in the pods and can do this. Also you can just use on pod and shunt all the stereo music to one ear – otherwise you get the usual left or right only sound, anyway you want it! There is more but I am still learning and living with it. I also bought a protective case for the case/charger and that cost me an extra 15 bucks.

So now we wait until the first reviews and the actual appearance of the phones and watches in the stores. I buy the watch first as this fifth series has a display that is always on and that get rid of the pulsar complaint I had about having to push a button just to see the time. Everything else is fine except for the absence of a camera. As for the phone the smart money says wait till 2020. That is when 5G comes in and supposedly the in-display fingerprint scanner. This is important as there is wind of digital passports and such that will require two factor biometric authentification – so this with face ID should allow that and be future proof. But I rock with three phones – all old - and can get this latest one if I really wish. We shall see, but Apple is so damn expensive and it is not in the phone – just profit!

Anyway the vacation has started and I’m off to Starbucks and then I look at the squirrel problem and get my mind into finishing the academic papers. Expect rejection with the UN stuff but be prepared to be pleasantly surprised – anything can happen!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I start work again on those reports and I’ll watch a movie too. I’m still learning about the Apple Watch and the AirPods and whether I should upgrade the phone so here goes:

The new display on the Apple watch!

Apple Watch Series 5? Get it if you are new to this or have a series zero phone like I have. And get it if you can have cellular on it otherwise it is tethered to your phone in which case why bother? Apple is it’s own enemy at promotion. If they think it will bore an audience they skip things. Like they skipped over stuff about the SOS in every country. This also means series 5 has cellular bands in every country. Prior to this many people had no cellular option for the previous phones as the bands were not supported in their country - a bigger deal than they made it appear as. This is a big deal but boring and so was not elaborated on. Nobody anywhere on the net mentioned this as this is just speculation and deduction on my part, but the cellular option adds to Apple’s bottom line (being able to also sell the more expensive cellular model) in areas around the world who previously only got the GPS version. So I could be wrong —— nah..... The compass is a big deal but only really in implementation with other apps.

Compass on the Apple watch!

The series 5’s big score is the always on display. That was the clincher for me as it now is a proper watch. I was a watch man back in the day and now it looks like I’m coming back! So I may spend some money on this thing and sell the old worn out one I have been test driving.

The iPhone 11, iPhone Pro and iPhone Pro Max? Pass unless your phone no longer works. 5G comes supposedly next year along with the elimination of the notch and in display finger print scanner. That is future proofing things. Frankly the pro version at 1,500-2,000CAN are a rip-off at those prices. The plain Jane iPhone 11 makes its case as the all rounder but still costs 1000CAN for the el-cheapo version. Only at Apple.....

I tackle the squirrel problem tomorrow. Want to know why I don’t have pets in the house - well I do and they are called squirrels.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "sort of vacation" continues.....

I started work again on the job loss paper mostly grammatical errors as you know how I usually turn a blind eye to those. Anyway, I relocated another squirrel but it was not my squirrel that is still in the house. So, I have officially given up relocating squirrels as there is a never ending lineup of them wanting access to my place. I will just fortify the soffit area of the house until they can’t get in. This starts today but I need to buy a Warner ladder stabilizer as I will be up almost two stories fixing where they get in.

(Madison Beer Instagram photo)

I will also get the companies fully into business mode as we are no longer in The Fortress Experiment. Now I can actually go where the talent is. Take my example of Madison Beer – only just signed by Epic but has hits and a huge following. There she is above with a still from a recent concert. Record labels don’t have to create a following and a star, they are already there but just need help getting into venues and productions and advertising of the brand. So FOF Records and More Vision – our advertising company – can go a long way to doing this, just on a smaller scale. I know how to produce music and hold large outdoor concerts, make music videos and documentaries – and - get them onto broadcast platforms like traditional TV. This is knowledge gleaned from 16 years in the business. So we don’t pack up and retire as everyone my age seems to be doing. We just carry on......

That retirement thing has to be fought against. You realize you are getting older, others your age are dying or retiring and scaling back, but you are still charging ahead. It can drain your ambitions at my age to see everyone around you leaving the active life. You literally have to start hanging out with more young people to keep your spirits up. But that is a talk for another time. I have to get up on the roof and seal things up before the weather gets cold.

Goodnight......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 300 of 416

Jump to: