Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved the weekend by doing the "privacy in the new tech world" and the "entanglement data transfer" supplement in the corresponding papers so that got done under the wire.

I’ll spare you any more of the “woe is me” drama and tell you that the music industry continues to amaze me with its ineptitude! So I was having problems with on distributor and now another. Copuld just be a short tem thing but I contacted Shane to let him knowif it gets any worse I’m going to try to go it alone and distribute ourselves if the major players don’t want to just do it themselves from scratch. My business model is "no profit" so we can stay alive as long as it self-sustains. But we shall see, I don’t think we are there yet.

But that is it about now. I am looking for a way to portray my economic doomsday AI attack to several models and show how this would happen. Multi-tasking on the papers but it has a life of its own, all those papers that is.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp9DHzgr758&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve given up on the WTO session officially today.

I was thinking of calling them up because they extended the deadline already. The thing is that if I actually did have the paper finished and ready to go maybe, but with things as they are I’m bailing till next year. Sure it would have been nice to have something formal to do while there at the WTO, but it was always mostly a recon mission with possibly a little soft selling of the positive mandate, but that was it. A couple a days to sort things out like where to stay and eat and where things are located and how to get there; so that when you do have business there you don’t have to deal with all that then, but just concentrate on the task at hand.

A new extension to WTO Headquarters

Then it’s off to London and back home. This is long term and I’m even looking at office space if we need it. So stick to the plan. Stick to the plan. But it still bugs me to no end that I could have presented there if I was a month quicker. But the the WTO only entered my mind for the first time in May - so I’m really pushing things a bit.....

This is just the public forum. If I want the ear of the powerful there to notice, that session has to be a spring board to another more formal presentation. I’m certainly not there yet. So it’s next year maybe, and that is it!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_8yXFmkMak&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t sleep.....

So, here is a list of organizations I want to advocate at in the coming years:

United Nations Commission for Social Development (New York, USA)

UNESCO (Paris, France)

United Nations Institute for Social Development (Geneva, Switzerland)

World Health Organization (Geneva, Switzerland)

United Nations Development Group (New York, USA)

World Bank Group – World Bank Institute (Washington, USA)

ITU (Geneva, Switzerland)

WTO (Geneva, Switzerland)

Well that is the list so far. Note how many are in Geneva. So now you know why I’m doing the recon mission there in September. Remember that the idea is dissemination and disseminate I will. The success of our organization at the UN in February emboldened me to go the next step. Man, the UN in February seems like ten years ago when really it is less than 5 months ago.....

Anyway, I hope I didn’t scare any of you with that list above. I wanted to be a man-of-the-world and there you have it. Fantasy becomes flesh and I have a good idea ratified by our experiment. I have been to the places that matter and haven’t found any better ideas or vision for humanity’s future – so – I’m going with my positive mandate and the attaching ideas.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll add a bit more.....

Those are just the international orgs. Then we have the ones at home like our Canadian Commission for UNESCO. The list just keeps growing. This is sort of like music production. The fun part is creation - everyone loves that part. For the most part that was the experiment. Now comes the straight promotion or advocacy.

That part most hate.

This is not so much depressing as sobering. It means lots of travel for a guy who hates travel. It means added expense, but since much of the experiment is over this is just a transfer of funds. But it is not as much fun and that is for sure. And I’m sure I will be pretty much on my own on this one. You do ask yourself why you got involved in this to begin with. But it is true that the world is salty for new ideas and vision. The dream l had of being surrounded by others like me at international events is not what I thought. Not so much new ideas and vision but much on practical problems which is all well and good. I really should have ended up in an academic environment. But we won’t go there today.

On the other hand my ability at what I do best has been endorsed. There is a reason for me to be where I am pitching ideas. All that makes sense. I actually have a chance now.

I actually have a chance now.....

I’m not smart like Einstein in a specific field like physics. That is not me. But I seem good at what I do. Disseminate the ideas and let others flesh out the details. This is necessary as others wont get involved if they can’t get anything personal out of their involvement. The methodology may actually come through. No money, no women, no exotic cars. No fame and no cushy job. The anthropology never changes because human nature never changes. It depressing at times, but I can’t see a reason to stop. Everything is going ahead as planned. I’m in this for the long haul.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDwQUkwxv-s&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short one today as I let myself sleep in.

Up to the weekend I will be taking care of finances for the orgs. I have good options and I am setting things up for the long haul – even when I step back for the reigns. That won’t happen anytime soon for all the orgs but – sooner or later – there will be change.

Toronto Tech Summit 2019!

I keep thinking things happened long ago when it was just a few months. Like the AI conference was in May but it seems longer than that. Anyway, I just keep at it. Disseminate the ideas and keep at it. Still early days yet, but I guess I can’t complain as everything is unfolding to plan. But I always wanted it to be happening faster than expected! But that is the sit rep for today…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsFV7VGBzI&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More and more changes…..

I think we are going to stay with AVID Media Composer 8 and not go for the new 2019 media composer. Now I’ve been paying their blood money for the constant updates and such but with the stable version I had I was fearful to mess with that! But after my 2019 you can’t even access downloads for the old media composer and if I don’t continue support I am stuck with 8.6 or technically whatever was the last version I had when my subscription was expired. But I am not paying major bucks to a new system that may or may not be compatible or work with my tools. But I have till October and that is after the remaining major festivals that we probably won’t get into.

We are slowly moving from production to distribution as a business plan. That is what helps creative people the most and this will take awhile but that is the plan.

Moving money around to get the best rates, that is what I am doing now. This is a pain but the saving are real. So I just suck it up and go through the tedious motions.

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost finished with the money business.

Then for the rest of the weekend it is yard work and cleaning up around the house. Now I will start working on the papers again. Mostly the new tech paper as that is most important but also the separate AI stuff. The websites now have a presence in the search engines including the God reveal site.

And I seriously have to start planning the trip in September. But you ask what it’s all for? What does it matter? But the way I structured Fortress, the experiment and means of disseminating ideas, means I have a chance. A carrot and stick thing I can’t talk myself out of. You just keep at it. Nothing else matters. Disseminated the ideas. It does give you a reason to get up in the mornings.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the financial stuff is done. Next is corporate taxes. It never ends.

So I got a copy of the AVID program currently installed so that is nice. Sort of like my life, an aging thing soon for EOL and about to be replaced but still usable. I keep looking at time in my life. If I started FOF in 1985 just after university graduation, where we are at now would be 2001 and I would be 41. So I could have chopped 18 years. However the internet really didn’t exist commercially till 1990 so that moves the bar to 46 or thirteen years to play with. But really the first thing I did was start the message board for the citizen journalist business which started it all. First release of phpBB was around 2000. So three years.

Three years...

So I would be 56 instead of 59 - that is if I jumped on every thing as it happened. Three years. I got in in the journalist thing as it started with the first WSIS+10 review meeting at UNESCO in Paris, so essentially I was there from the start. I couldn’t have done it any faster in other words.

No regrets.

Well one as in the family business. But I could not do this if I did that - just no way. And I had my chance. But as I turn 60 in September it seems that The Fates gave me back my 7 years dating and doing the marriage thing. In essence I am a purpose built life for a cause. This cause - so could I have done it any better? In very minor ways yes but essentially no. I got those seven years back because this play I’m makIng cannot die because of health or lack of cash. The ideas and philosophy will have to be tested on its merits.

The Fates

So that is my task. The bridges to the other possibilities have been burned. All I have left is this. Human anthropology voided me of a normal life - a marriage, kids, family, a typical career. Instead I have this!

So I guess you just roll with it and try your best.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXOioU_OKM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late and short one today.....

So I did everything I wanted to do as in I finished the financing. Then I tweaked the AI report and started working again on the God revel paper. Plus I am seriously looking at becoming a proper music distributor under the record label.

So that was the weekend but going forward I have to do the corporate taxes. There is always that. In-between, I am doing things for the family and for myself like paying for some shoes. So it may not sound like it in these posts but I am busy! I will break down how I am doing the advocacy tonight, but basically the positive mandate is the most important because nobody is advocating it. Then it is the AI stuff but many are doing this, and at the same level or higher is the social problems with future tech advocacy which I will seriously get into shortly. And that is your update.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXzPxBhhmY8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it was the record label of all things.

One of our songs on iTunes/Apple Music!

I am migrating the corporations from their role as enablers in the experiment to the post experiment environment. One thing is doing more things ourselves. So we are looking at a business model where we handle music distribution directly for our artists. I think we have more than enough titles and the business structure and longevity to start this. But first we look into it.

Starting out buy distributing gives you a gateway to other areas as I don’t want this just to be a distributor. The major streaming services may just decide to do this themselves for example. But you get the idea.

There is no rush here. We do this properly for all the companies. Because fixed costs are low we have no financial gun to our heads. And I intend to keep it that way. But that is what is happening right now.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micelaneous ramblings.

Haven’t said much about the car. Not much to say as I’m two years in. The newness is gone and it’s still in great shape but now with a few inevitable scratches and minor wear in the interior. Absolutely the most reliable car I ever owned. Not one problem, not one trip to the dealer, this is as good as it gets reliability wise.

I did make one purchase on Tuesday and that was another tune and this one is for 93 octane. The physical tuner has one already installed but with US lawmakers cracking down on the tuners I figured one more high class tune for this baby. The real reason for the tuner and tunes is to disable the130 mph speed governor if you desire. I won’t use it but you paid for that 157/260 mph/km top speed so you should have it.

Anyway the other reason was to get the best tune for that car and that was a tune specifically for race gas. That gives me 350 horsepower with a 13.6 quarter mile and a 5 second 0-60 and realistically a 160 mph top speed. That is enough for me!

my Mustang 5.0!

Not a bad purchase as I originally wanted a Hyundai Elantra, but at the moment of truth I just could not do it. So for a couple of thousand extra I got this. I’m a performance guy and even paying econo money to save money for the orgs, I still needed my fix. This one turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I always wanted a sports car as a kid. That meant some aluminium body panels, independent rear suspension and that 150 mph top speed. For a V8 performance guy I just never figured I would get it in the last V6 Mustang ever made - Ha! Prior to this engine was a Corvette LT1 and two Mustang 5.0s and one original 302 V8. The Mustang 5.0 topped out at 142 and that Roadmaster with the LT1 hurtled that station wagon to 147 mph but still under the 150 mark and all had solid axles and were front heavy understeering wonders. And no aluminum body panels. Nothing is stranger than real life.

Yes that wood panelled station wagon has a 5.7 LT1 Corvette engine in it!

Be careful what you ask for as you may get it. And it is never the way you thought it would be.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtJb61hpvo&feature=share

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Buick_Roadmaster_wagon_burnout.mp4

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Buick_Roadmaster_Stationwagon.mp4
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one.

Running errands and paying taxes. I got the tunes for the car and now software won’t let me load them. So some debugging there.

What about Elon Musk’s computer connector company that creates a link from your computer to your brain via a smart phone? We shall have to see. In medicine I can see the point to this but for everything else I see red flags.

Talk about mind control. And that is exactly the point. We have to talk about it!

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMq8XS4LhE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one more day of car talk and it’s back to the usual. It’s just that the AI stuff was a target of opportunity and not the main course like the positive mandate. It gets to be work and then you need a break.....

So I finally got the car tuner thing to work on Windows 7 so I will reinstall the program on my first laptop that will forever run seven and leave it there if need be. The screen shot shows the three tunes in the machine in addition to its own tunes. The tunes change shift points and a more aggressive engine management. Those two E30 tunes are for 100 plus octane such as gas or corn (ethanol) for those. I’m probably boring many now if not already.

C8 Corvette!

So new the Corvette was unveiled last night and is mid-engined for the first time. But the big surprise was that the starting price is only 5K more that the previous model.....Hum! I could actually get that - but that is for later.....

Procharger on a V6 Mustang!

But for now I’m stuck with the V6 Mustang but that isn’t so bad. EOL now and I got the second to last black one in the GTA so I snuck in there. When you try to get a sports car with an economy car budget you have to do it intelligently. As an EOL model my car was cheap but still capable of reaching the platform’s 575 horsepower limit with a procharger (forced induction). The four cylinder model is topped out as is and the V8 was double the price as they didn’t stock the base V8 in 2017. So for 5200 dollars I can do anything I want in this car. Like I said it was a pleasant surprise!

So I can still do the gear head thing and the advocacy. You just have to think before you buy.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5eb0R095Ys&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcuXLuUI8wg&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvPWLtmnm8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the usual.....

Back to stuff like the AI papers and taxes! Mostly taxes as they are due but some work on the AI papers. I have finally sorted out the car tuner software problems and have it installed on the old laptop I can take anywhere with me. The 93 tune I’ll use 94 octane Sunoco and the E30 tune is compatible with race gas (Sunoco 260 GT Plus - 104 octane) I can get in Mississagua as per my tuner - much easier than finding E85 gas and mixing it! I always go a bit higher than the tune just to be sure (BTW: never use octane booster as the additives can harm your engine). So I have copies of all tunes, software and now drivers to make sure everything works now or 10 or 20 years from now. These tuning companies can disappear from sight overnight with the changing winds of laws though my tunes are environmentally and EPA friendly. So you have to figure they won’t be around when you need them and have to back everything up! Unlike when I was young, all car tuning is software mostly. In fact my car is a base model but actually has all the features in it if the hardware is installed. They don’t install car firmware based on sub model; they install one basic program and cripple/deactivate features for the lesser models. But if you have the hardware, you can activate those crippled features and use them – if the hardware is installed. So originally all Mustangs did not have track apps, now they all do. Originally only the V8 GT cars with performance packages had line lock (burn out software) and now they all do. My car doesn’t have line lock, but a Russian Mustang owner found the code to enable it and since the ABS is the same hardware we now can all have line lock! You get the idea; it’s all in the software! You pay to have features enabled and installed but the software is already there.

That is why car makers really don’t want you and tuners messing about in there as you can defeat their feature blocks and get stuff for free or add equipment from junk yards and activate them on the base cars to the owner’s preference. It’s a neat idea for those interested in it.

But I needed a break and the car stuff does it for me. I basically spent the least amount you can for a new sports car and it has the most potential. I find this absolutely fun. People buy these cars to stroke their ego, but others get the basics and massage the performance from those cars that have potential. It is fun and a challenge.

But like I said I will be collecting receipts and bank statements on the weekend – oh the fun! Actually not – so you now know why I lust after cars…..

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS71RSMN_4E&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad progress for the weekend…..

Website Screen Shot

I have all the bank statements I need to do the corporate tax returns. I may or may not do them on-line but I will fill in the pdf forms instead of long hand for a change. I am also keeping the God reveal paper at arm’s length but putting it on the religiondestiny.org website and continuing to work on it. Not on there yet, but it will find its home there; but the issue is a red herring to the other aspects of the advocacy.

Other notes…..

I am going to try some interesting stuff on Sunday like consolidating all my bank cards and lines of credit onto one virtual debit card. I have to go to the bank on Sunday and have them make up the debit card and then reach the call center and have them individually link all eight accounts to the one card. Eight accounts, that one may be a record but who knows? I am also taking my credit card I use on Apple Pay and substituting another for day-to-day transactions, and leaving it for the monthly payments - the only card that ever get compromised is the daily card and if that happens again I won't have to do over all my monthly payments! I am also still cleaning up the house, still cleaning up information on our data drives. It just goes on and never ends. We will contact Apple and see if they will deal with us as an aggregator to their music services. Apple first and if successful then the others. More stuff for our record label, then the advocacy. The trip to London is long overdue as we have a director and office there. The trip to Geneva is a recon mission but also a soft sell on the positive mandate. The positive mandate first as that is our idea; the AI stuff and life in the new tech is already out there but with few that can raise the much needed issues at those venues that count.

What else?

Maurice Ali speech at the 57th Commission for Social Development!

Well I have been wondering if that speech and side-event at the United Nations last year was my moment, my crowning achievement in life, never to be reached again. Sort of like your personal best in a sport. Every athlete has them, but they never know if it is the moment when it happens. It is only afterward through the passage of time that they realize that that was their defining moment. To the outsider I just gave a speech and side-event. But to me it was an idea, and philosophy, that I had and tested through a long and expensive 13 year experiment and then ratified and the idea disseminated all inside a strategy to do so that in the end was successful! So having all that go off without a hitch should be elating and it was when it was over. Then within an hour everything went bad – but the moment was glorious! So you think about it – was that my moment? Is it all over now? Probably not but is the rest just trying to capture back that moment of achievement? That explains a bit of the funk of last week. I’m turning 60 in a few months and nothing lasts forever. Nothing is for sure. So off to Geneva I go and another application to speak and side-event to present the concerns of the general public over the new tech and lack of privacy and all the rest. This next paper is their paper and not my ideas. But as always there are no guarantees but I am obligated to try.

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gwlQlMLbk&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 296 of 416

Jump to: