Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Dave Getchell's Album Released!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Dave Getchell's Album Released! Reply with quote

Dave Getchell's Album Released!

By Maurice Ali, President And CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

A very happy Dave Getchell displays one of his Albums!

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce the release of Dave Getchell's first album: A Slant On Life And Living, By Dave Getchell, Canadian Visionary. Thirty years in the making, this album comprises Dave singing, guitar playing, and talented song writing of life and Canadian events over the last thirty years. This also marks the first album to be released and produced wholly in the Fortress Of Freedom studios, this one is all ours!

The front cover of Dave's album!

I had actually just arrived back from picking up some tapes of our TV show and got the message on my answering machine that the CD order was ready to be picked up. What a shock, I knew the call was coming and there it was, but still a shock. So back downtown I went and after loading many boxes of CDs, it was back to the office and then off to Dave's house to present him with his first music album!

The back cover of Dave's album!

It is always interesting to pick up that latest achievement in our organization, and admire that achievement for the first time. I remember looking at that album in my car after I had picked up the order. Another milestone in our little fortress of freedom! Anyway, if was off to Dave's house with the albums and a bottle of white wine!

The opened CD showing the inside page and the actual CD!

I arrived at the Getchell residence and was met by Dave in his signature style of open shirt and flowing long hair. I presented him with that first album in front of his wife and two daughters and we examined the CD and talked about all that had happened to produce that album; then we poured the wine and raised a glass to commemorate the occasion!

Dave is presented with his first cheque from his first sale of his album, many more to come!

Dave's album will soon be available for immediate sale at our own Fortress Of Freedom Store, and then in selected record stores. We will try to get radio play after the airing of The Fortress TV Show, in which Dave plays one of his songs to the viewers!

Dave and I toasting the release of his first album!

Personally, I am proud to have Dave's album as our first CD album produced at Fortress Of Freedom Inc. and I am also proud of the way it was made. This album stayed true to the "spirit" and goals of Fortress Of Freedom, being made by ourselves inexpensively and truly expressing oneself to their community! Well done Dave, and on behalf of all of us at FOF: Good luck with your album and all your future musical ventures!

Visit Dave's website at:

http://wwww.davegetchell.ca

Fortress Of Freedom Inc.:

Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: