Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally started working on the TV stuff – but it wasn’t until Monday.....

The classic ego in front of the car shot!

I changed plans and did something strange on Sunday. Sunday was the last day you could say the V6 Mustang was still technically in production as 2018 production would start Monday and the V6 Mustang was officially EOL (as in end of life). I was playing around with the tuner and the idea came to me: Why not get the fastest “stock” six cylinder Mustang Ford would ever build? My car was bone stock even to the paper air filter, just as it left the factory. If I could find the fastest tune that ran on gas station gas I would own the fastest six cylinder Ford ever produced with the Mustang horse on it. Now the last six cylinder produced which is in my 2017 Mustang is the most powerful ever put in a Mustang (since 1964 - 53 years ago) so you don’t even have to look back to check. But I wanted the fastest stock version which means without any physical changes. No cold air intake (does nothing and slows the thing down as the air flow meter is changed in position and gives wrong info) or aftermarket exhaust (again questionable performance gains but it makes the engine louder which is the real reason). The tune is legal as Ford constantly changes the programming during production and year to year. So I looked around and found what I think is the fastest tune for a stock V6 Mustang. That is the E30 PRX tune from MPT. This tune goes further than the usual 93 octane race tunes and has you mixing E85 fuel and 93 octane fuel to get around 96 octane and the performance is geared around that. I realize most of you reading this are not gear heads so I will keep this short and sweet. 0-60 around 4.7, ¼ mile around mid 13s and top speed not just under or at – but over 160mph! That’s a horse race against the original Coyote V8s from 2011 (but if he does everything right he still wins in the quarter – displacement always wins in the end with these normally aspirated motors). That is enough for me right now and it is legal as the tune is just what Ford does constantly to its cars and the gas, while it has to be mixed at the gas station is corner store gas and not some exotic race gas nobody can easily find.

The classic "I love my car more than myself" so I stand behind the car shot!

So that is the hottest setup I can find and probably makes the car the fastest of the six cylinder Mustang breed! The reign of the six is over in Mustang lore and I wish Ford had sent it off by making the fastest, most performance driven car they could make before EOL. But they didn’t! So now me and a small handful of others own the fastest 6 cylinder Mustangs that were ever made and will ever be made; and also the best handling because the last version has the independent rear suspension. Expect the turbo V6 to topple the V8 in a couple of years but the normally aspirated six is gone forever.....

The classic "I have a pot belly" so shoot far away with arms crossed and legs spread shot!

When I got all the stuff together I decided to take a few photos of me and the car. I have photos of the car but none of me and the car. Some of the girls actually asked me why and so I have finally obliged with these four. Now when I got the idea it was like 5:00pm in the afternoon so I had to grab a real camera and tripod and find a spot. Luck being what it was I could not get the timer working on my latest Nikon – probably because I flashed the camera firmware with a unofficial hack that extended the video before it automatically turned off (so I could record myself at the UNESCO WSIS+10 meeting in 2013). So that hack came back to bite me in the ass when I least expected it! My old D70 had a stock program so that timer worked, but I had wasted much time. So I got to a spot I picked in my head and would you know it, but the cops pulled into the lot ahead of me and I wasn’t going to take photos with those guys looking on. So I ended up going to Porsche headquarters by my house and parked the car in front of a line up of Porsche SUVs – they didn’t have a line-up of Carreras at the time – and decided to do it then and there. I got the photos but it was very dark and no amount of post production is going to brighten these up anymore. So take them for what they are. I will probably shoot some proper ones for the photo album soon enough but here they are:

The classic "squat" that makes your size 10 runners look like size five kiddie shoes shot!

So that is what happened on Sunday. I just could not shake that funk I was in except by having fun with the car. So be it – back to normal for Monday. And expect the car stuff to slowly fizzle itself into oblivion as summer is over and while it was a nice bit of nostalgic fun – I have more important things to take care of.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out the reason for my depressed funk the past few days.....

I’m coming down with a mild bug of sorts. This just shows you how stupid human beings are. Every time I get depressed it’s always about the loss of family, friends or getting old with life running out. Anyway, some of these are legit on their own, more often than not, a few days later I come down with a bug. It makes sense if you go back a few days even in this blog. Incredible sweltering weather – then a dramatic drop to freezing – and that sets everyone up for a bug! Give it a couple of days to incubate, but even in the early stages your body starts taking on the bug and you get in this miserable mood you just can’t figure out. Then like this morning you start to get a slightly scratch throat and – bingo! So that was the funk right there.

The car business did perk me up but this does delay the TV series sale by a week. With a horrific mass shooting in the States my general policy is not to introduce myself to new people when doing business. Being a brown guy with that last name – does not – go well with any terrorist attack or such event in the news. It does not work for me. People size you up for the first time in like 14 seconds and when they have some heinous act blaring at them 24/7 on TV and then I show up looking the way I do with that last name – well – not good, not good..... So this week is a wash. Even if it is not terrorism, people have this knee-jerk reaction to any heinous act and will unconsciously ascribe that negativity if I show my face. So we lay low and take it easy.

Just a cool shot of me in the car!

So obsessing over the car was not the delay I thought it would be. I even took more pics of the car and I before that black car got all dusty and before the weather gets perpetually rainy and cold and then snowy. I even found the “RAW” files for those pics I took on Sunday and opened those up and changed the exposure and got some brighter pics – so those have been replaced. I kept the darker version of me in front of the car as well as the brighter version as the dark one gives me more of that “bad boy” look if that is even possible at my advanced age! I have to get under the car and rust proof it – that will be a mess! It is funny how I got so much out of that entry level sports car purchase. Really, I am like at “water boy” level in the sports car hierarchy but I am getting so much for stretching for what I wanted and not what I had to logically settle for. Let that be a lesson for you guys! You can’t have your cake and eat it – but you can come close with cars if you are savvy enough. Getting in at the absolute bottom end of the sports car world worked for me this time. Making the most with the least type of vibe. Actually that is what I did with the Fortress Experiment. Like what Shane said in the FOFSTOCK show. Basically saying that we were unabashed assholes putting on a big-ass concert on a cockroach production budget – isn’t that awesome!

Which is better? darker or brighter - Me thinks the darker "bad boy" image!

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shock, I am actually working on stuff again.....

Actually I was working on the taxes and everything is sorted with the statements and I can now just make the financial statements and do the taxes as everything is there. That just happened. I am currently getting all the files together to update the series bible and cover letter for the TV series sale or distribution. The launch for this week petered out with that funk or lethargy over the weekend. Then it turns out I can get a final interview with Mark, one of the early members of the organization who went out on his own starting a publishing company back in 2005. So everything just screamed delay and I just went with it and had some fun with the car. I am basically done with modding the car to the tune of a grand for the tunes but it did scratch that itch I had. With the tunes I have that top speed which can be enabled at my whim (in like eight minutes) and I know from experiences of others what I will get. For sure I have the standard 87 and 91 octane tunes from Ford on drive and sport mode, plus the 93 octane tune that came with the tuner device and the E30 (race gas) tune for when I eventually track it. In other words take it to the drag strip. I always wanted to do this with my previous Mustangs but never did. This is my last chance to finally stare down the “Christmas tree” and see if my supposed fast reactions really are fast because your reaction time is part of the drag race! Plus I get so see what the car is ultimately capable of. I already know what the car can do in its present form as a guy with the exact same car as mine did 14.2 in the quarter on those same small but fast wheels. The rest is the fun part.

But it is back to the same old. Back to what I was doing before the new car. Back when I drove a shitty 23 year old station wagon that miss-fired so bad I had to take back streets to go up hills and not delay everyone else. Truly embarrassing when I got caught on the busy streets having to accelerate uphill from a stop. And more embarrassing because the engine is a 5.7 litre Corvette LT1 engine! And I got horrendous gas mileage. Even the new car is sort of an embarrassment in Mustang circles – So even in getting rid of the old car you are still dealing with the shame of driving a V6 Mustang.....Hehehehehe.....

But I digress.

You just work to pay the bills. No family, no wife and I live alone. You live like a pauper to finance some altruistic orgs where you try to better the world but get neither money, notoriety or immediate success or personal satisfaction of finishing a life mission. Every triumph is bitter sweet. There is always compromise at the end. There are no movie ending in my life. I’m getting older and the path ahead may hold a few surprises but maybe not. You just have to keep going and trying. A squalid lonely life sort of like any other guy. Maybe that other guy stayed married and had kids and could not even do any of the things I did because family came first. It’s like compromises from one shitty life to another. Everyone I know is in that boat. The grass is always greener. I look at them and wish I had children and a home to come home to of my own. They probably wish they could have more freedom to do some of the stuff single guys like me could do, but it is all a wash in the end. Nobody scores the big score.....

You just carry one because there is nothing better you can do. So that is what I am doing now.

Corporate taxes – blah.....

TV show promotion – I’d rather not think about it.....

Then lobbying member states of the UN on the Positive Mandate for Humanity idea – Good luck with that.....

And that is my life. I’ll probably take a walk after I post this (just started to rain). Then off to McDonalds where I will buy one hash brown and over to the convenience store to buy some Coffeemate for my coffee. And that is my reality as I sit here typing this out on this dreary overcast day.....

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chugging along with things right now.

I am doing the taxes and TV stuff at the same time. I am bribing myself with Starbucks Mocha if watch a DVD so that is happening after I post this. It will be like that for the long weekend. Next week it should be ready to go.

The Human Destiny website now seems permanently stuck in third or fourth place on page one with all the other big hitters so that is nice after it was not even registering before. I have a few more ideas I would like to move on, disseminating a few more ideas before I go off into the sunset, but I have more years at the UN than in other areas. I would like to fulfill my obligations with regard to privacy in a world where everything is watched and all your information is available to everyone. There may be a mass shift to this in a malevolent period as we have now. But what happens when more nefarious elements take over and all that privacy you gave up now becomes a prison – well we need to open that discussion on the global level. I would also like to disseminate that idea of expanding our thought processes by developing a broader base of valued thought processes to better place humanity in a world where we may live hand in hand with AI. This is no more than a value judgment on scientific logical thought as opposed to the more emotive thought systems. There has been a greater emphasis on the logical scientific side of thought because that was where we were at in our developing technological society. Nothing wrong there, but let’s not forget that there is more to being a human than thinking and talking like a robot – we will have more than enough of those in a few years..... But developing our more visceral and emotive elements of our consciousness – from childhood maybe even incorporated into the scholastic system –should give humanity that extra edge, that extra gear the AI would not have as they are probably not biologically based. In essence I am looking for a more holistic development of humanity’s metal abilities. Our culture develops as much from the arts as from technology; lets not forget that. The fact is what makes humanity – humanity - is its culture! And that is not just technology. But I see this shift to a more humanistic way of thinking and resolving issues based on a well developed sense of use of our emotions and other visceral connections as the next step of human mental development and not a mental interface to a machine. Yes, that would seem to the next big choice coming up sooner than you think.

Are humans what we are just from within ourselves? Or do we want to be defined by allowing a creation of ours - a nevertheless alien form of intelligence - to skew our basic biological thinking in that direction. It is already happening in a minor way as we live our lives but these discussions have to be started and possibly some form of broad consensus developed as to how to react to a world where AI may exist. This is the razors edge of sounding provocative and totally relevant – or – a loon or lunatic element. As newbie’s and as a journalist org we have less to lose disseminating ideas like this than more established orgs that have more of a reputation to protect. So it is kind of on us to put this stuff out there. We already put the cell phone app voting at the UN out there and the positive major mandate for humanity. That was our original idea to disseminate ideas and have them become talking points at the United Nations. So we should just keep at it I guess.

What else.

Someone tuning for E30!

Still messing about with modding the car. Mixing gas is a more esoteric thing and not much information out there but that is the ragged edge of performance for a stock car like what I want to explore. Mixing gas is more finicky and these guys really are the guys that pull out the pro software and adjust parameters as they go along. I wanted that, but now that I am here things get a bit more daunting. And I say this just after I talk about changing the way everyone will think in the future – Hahahahahaha..... I can be so funny at times. But the car is a good distraction to clear my mind – also fun. I like the fact I should be concerned with the brand of tune I buy – for me its MPT and not BAMA! And for those worried about the warrantee, then do what the Corvette guys do and ghost the ECU and connect that new module with the tunes and just plug in the original module when you go to the dealer. Not saying I condone that but some have had success. Man, my life would be so simple if all I had to think about was what brand to use modding up my Mustang.....

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VADxbCdGQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are starting to move along.

I am on the third DVD and FOFSTOCK of all shows needs some more tweaking. The other two are really minor that I will leave any further changes until we have all the DVDs with the bigger changes made. I could go with the DVDs with minor issues as is but I really want to get the promotion going like as of next week! It's less of a push to get me doing things again as I get over whatever I caught last week. So back to business.....

In other news I got another package from American Muscle which is this windshield holder for the tuning unit. That should be it for now and I just forget about all that as winter is coming and I have to make any repairs around the outside of the house and rust proof the car and all that. Renovations in the house need to be done. I just have to take care of some things in my life that are just a mess right now. It’s the same for everyone I am sure.

With advocacy you drift from optimism to despondency. Human nature has good and bad parts and some days you are like: "we can do this!" And other days it is like: "Human beings...Why bother!" You take the good with the bad. However the future belongs to the young people and each generation is that blank slate you deal with. It really is possible to make big changes in one generation if you can deal with the present humans that have those kids. That is the challenge for people that want to mess with the machine. I try to bring out the best in people, but there will always be that darker side of human nature. Nobody can play God though. You just do your bit and if it makes sense something may come out of it. But at my age I do see that there are no story book ending. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. But some good ideas can have some impact.

There is always that.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really slept in.....

Sleeping in is a good thing every now and then. But I have work to do. Keep reviewing the DVDs and then burn a few again. That new TV series bible start page and cover letter. And yard work before it gets perpetually rainy and cold. Start rust proofing the car. I have some old ramps but may just rent a pit at some garage rental if those things still exist and do the messy thing there. It took a week but I finished getting all the bits a pieces together to modify up the car if I feel like it. Yes, at 7000km I haven’t done it yet. The car is still to new for that. You have to understand that when a car goes EOL like my car did – that even if the performance tune programs just stay as they are and are available forever – the hardware to interface with the car changes and you may end up with compatibility issues that prevent you from doing what I can do now with the hardware and parts all of the same era. How many of you people have a favourite cell phone program that never got updated but stopped working because you phone’s OS got updated. It is the same thing here. Those old car don’t have the interest to make ti profitable to update the programs to the new hardware, and they may even move onto a new standard of plug interface, too many “what ifs” to sit back and wait – so I did it this past week. I might even add another tune here or there but the vital stuff is done right now. Pricey but done.

That cheap plastic widow mount I got a day ago!

Anyway it is late and I have my work cut out for me.

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today.....

I tried to buy a ramp that would work with my car and some other guy bought it last week. I tried my old ramps from the 1980s and the lower bumpers just would not work so all I can do is hike the wheels on landscaping ties. Right now this is for rust proofing. I checked the weather and on and off rain from now on. So now or never. So I got one wheel up a few inches and looked under there to form a strategy. Basically I will spray the central tunnel as best I can with this thick rust proofing goo. It won’t be perfect but I might touch up things at a later date. The idea is to get as much stuff on the car as possible – now! So spray the places impossible to get to. Then I take a brush and brush on the same goo from a can on that floor pan on each side as best I can. Nowadays there are heat shields in the central tunnel and plastic bits tacked on all over the under carriage but this just the way they make cars these days. The rear of the car is a nightmare. Fibre wheel wells and all but again get as much on the metal as possible and touch up later. So I do that today and then clean up and go for Thanksgiving dinner. And that is the day. I have three shows left to do but videotaping more stuff tomorrow.

What about the important stuff? That positive mandate idea is out there officially at the UN – at least it is officially mentioned. That idea is an umbrella idea that can contain the stuff to give humanity an edge on AI and all the rest. A great simple idea all can understand and get behind. I will continue to lobby the idea and ancillary parts but what will happen is a few years from now some alarm bells will ring due to something. But when that moment comes we will look for ideas and mine will already be there with some answers along with others I am sure. Then humanity will just pick the best solution and run with it. I guess that makes me a player in a very high stakes game - but only when that moment comes. Right now it is just so much hyperbole. But that is how this game is played. I really wish I have more time to flesh this all out for you. But reality is that I have to rust proof that car of mine.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got a big surprise at the Thanksgiving Dinner table.....

After dinner I was just checking some stuff on the web and checked “Human Destiny” and was shocked to see it in the number one ranking on page 1! I tried both versions with and without quotes and both were number one on the first page! Of course that was one search on one browser. Others gave lower ranking but all at three and above. Now that’s what I call progress! Initially I could not even find it on the first 20 pages of Google, then off and on at nine pages and lower. Some tweaks and we were on their permanently. But to get rankings this high means there has to be some interest in the idea!

With quotes!

This becomes important when you lobby the idea like I will be doing shortly. The first thing they will do when they finish talking to you is Goggle the result and if you are right up there and even number one – well then – they have to take you seriously! So we are there. Note though that this is all fluid and we will probably be knocked off the perch by the time you read this. But we should bump up there again every now and then and then find a permanent spot. Usually the top rankers see the new kid on the block and when it hits number one – like with “worldwide vote” – they get active and push their sites back up there. Probably the same here. But the idea has arrived!

Without quotes!

Other news?

The car has the bulk of the rust proofing on it and now just touch ups. Everything gets sprayed as the aluminum won’t rust but can corrode especially with the brine they spray on the roads instead of salt. At least now I won't lose my mind to drive down the road can find nothing but wet salt brine just waiting to attach itself to the virgin metal under my car. I use the thin oils in enclosed spaces I can’t get to (and possibly remove) and use the goo on exposed surfaces and metal lips where they attach to wheel well liners and collect salt. Finally driving a new car that actually works is such a nice thing to me now that I want to keep the thing running so I rust proof it. If it was a lease or something like that maybe it would be different, but I own this thing, so it gets special consideration. Anyway holiday Monday is the shows and probably videotaping an interview.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Monday I interviewed Mark, who was one of our members from the beginning and still is even though he has not been actively involved since 2005. That interview answers many questions as to what happened to the guy over the years. Especially since he was always around anyway playing along with Twenty6Hundred with a band called Black Market Revolution and he can be seen here and there in the FOFSTOCK show. This tidies things up a bit.

Mark Moore

I still have a few more shows to review and then make the changes and burn new DVDs and then off we go. I asked Mike what our chances were realistically in his mind and he thinks 10 percent. Now here is a life lesson for you guys and gals. When he says 10 percent most of you think it is a lost cause – not so – as anyone with a sales background knows. The way anyone with a sales background looks at that number is that he will have to petition at least 10 broadcasters before he gets a sale! That is how a salesman looks at it and how I look at it. The numbers usually work out and I have won sales awards by just crunching the numbers (I even videotaped one such award back in 1985 that has been posted here a few times). You just have to get out there and shop it around. If you don’t get out there it will never go on air. If you don’t go to several broadcasters you will probably not go on unless you get lucky with the first broadcasters. But we usually aim high with the first and so this is rather self-defeating. That is how you succeed when others give up without even trying. Anyway that is your life lesson today.

What else?

Well the car should have some final rust proofing touch ups on Monday. I also continue to find ways to unlock performance that Ford keeps from the base cars making you pay thousands and thousands of dollars to have. Take line lock or a burn out. With automatics you could only do this on a GT with line lock from the factory. In olden days you could do it on any car by simply holding down the front brakes and revving the engine to break the back wheels loose. This could fry you rear brakes - but whatever. These days the engine computer figures out you want to do a burn out on the automatic cars and then limits your ability to rev the engine enough to break the tires loose. Some say this is to prevent parts wear and breakage - but I think it is to get you to buy the GT. I always hate that crap. If your car has the power to do a burnout then let it! In fact the four and eight cylinder models for 2018 will have factory line lock and do a burn out. But what of the V6 and four pot guys from earlier models? Well here is a solution that works and was for the V6 but should work on all Mustangs that have sport mode and paddle shifters (submitted by another anonymous malcontent):

I bought the cheapest base car I could and slowly I am unlocking stuff the manufactures lock up to get you to buy the more expensive models. More power and more torque and the unrestricted top speed and now a burnout! All based on programming and not on the actual parts or performance of the car. Less reason to spend 20,000 dollars more for two cylinders and some 5.0 emblems.....

My belly is still full of turkey and another week trimming down the now infamous small pot I have, but that is the holidays for you.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m reviewing the second to last show and we should be done today – finally.....

As much criticism I get on the shows, when I am now critically evaluating the DVD’s you still get pumped up over the thing. We still have more than a chance folks. The things in life that bring me down or dampen my more dynamic side are simple things like just living life like everyone else. The act of going to work and the whole structure of society is to keep the masses obedient and complacent. You can see this constantly working against you as ordinary things are made to be big dramatic things that in the end mean nothing. Think of it – all the drama and such that everyone (all 7.4 billion) that live their 80-90 years and in the end, on the death bed, what did all that drama mean in the end? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. The world didn’t change, it meant nothing.

Try to operate outside of that box of obedience and complacency and those around you will almost – it seems – work against your ambitions in that environment. They don’t really mean to, but they are a part of that environment and – like I said it before – you have to almost isolate yourself from them to keep doing dynamic things. Like right now I am alone in my house with rain outside and work is getting done. Looked at our shows and getting positive again. While I still have some trepidation that places like the UN and UNESCO may start getting a bit tired or our mantra, I still could see squeezing a few more ideas out onto those venues. Huddled by myself in front of a computer, I can still plot my own version of global domination with regard to ideas and influence. But you are alone and it gets lonely doing it this way. At get-togethers like this past Thanksgiving, it is one of the few chances I have to talk to people about what I am doing. But the bigger things get, the less they want to hear about it to the point I can see myself becoming overbearing. What matters of interest to them is stuff they can relate to. Someone got a degree, someone got married. Basically the stuff that people fill their lives with and means nothing in the end. Try messing with the machine and that is so out of their experience they really don’t want to hear about it.

So you go this alone.

You live life by yourself. It is lonely where I am. But the reverse, surrounded by people would be the death of my remaining ambitions I am sure. So you have to choose and I chose. This is why the car thing this summer was so much fun for me. I did it on my own and when I interacted with others in the hobby it was each of us in our own isolated cars with little to no human interaction – just perfect! But summer is over and I have to start interacting with people again even if it is with broadcasters. Oh well.....

I guess this is what they call suffering for a cause.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late update today as I had to run some errands this morning.....

Shane Murphy

So I had a long talk with Shane about the shows. I will give him more updated versions of the shows to watch and we will also have a plan to condense the 8 shows to 6 if need be. This keeps all the major players in the programming but answers an objection that some of the shows drag on a bit. Anyway the reviews are done and I will be starting work on Mark’s segment after I post this update.

Real life keeps entering into my life and I had to pay some more property tax this morning and then I did a walk around the house to see if anything needed to be done before the really bad weather and snow comes. Everything looked ok until I noticed I hadn’t waterproofed the chimney by now. So now I have to wait for a dry spell and then lather the stuff on. It should have been done by now but I was distracted – but when done we are good to hunker down for the winter.

For once I am really itching to get back on to the promotion of the series but we still have to burn those DVDs and update things. Nevertheless, this is a positive change for me. That’s about it for now.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at my credit card statements and now that I live in basically a cashless universe you can see all your payments and how they add up.....

Yes I mostly pay for things with my credit card and the small stuff with my phone. I can go for days without breaking a bill and I only need change for the vending machine or to pop some nuts in my mouth. Otherwise money in its physical form is dead to me. This has some problems in that your finances are now available for everyone to see – at least that is how you should look at it. But I won’t get into that now, but just state some things I observed about my purchasing habits.

First of all is how much waste there is in my budget. When I was to buy my “el’cheapo” econocar Hyundai Elantra, I decided to “stretch” for the base Mustang and hold fast on the cheapest sports car I could get. I would pay the difference by giving up some extravagance – like Starbucks. And true enough, Starbucks is almost the exact difference between the price of the Elantra and the Mustang. I have cheated on that promise especially last month but I am now sipping coffee at home. The idea was that when the Roadmaster bit the dust I had to get some wheels and the cheapest econobox that was not too embarrassing was the idea so I would have enough cash to keep the orgs going. And as you can see – I just love being in the performance/sports car world again even if it is at the bottom of the hierarchy (I have the fastest completely stock six cylinder Mustang ever made - running on "corn" - E30 - there is always that! Hehehehehe.....). So just cutting out Starbucks does it! Other than that it is back to business as usual. So in hindsight that spectre of replacing the Roadmaster was not the death knell I feared it might have been. It still could have been if I gave into temptation and bought a loaded V8 – but I stuck to my guns and we are still moving forward as Shane told me on Thursday.....

So moving forward; which means injecting the Mark interview I am working on now into the Epilogue show and then tweaking all the shows on the weekend and the laborious task of creating DVDs again. But we are almost ready to shop the thing. We will keep the present eight show format as it makes logical sense with the characters involved. That is about it for now.

BTW: if I could get rid of the physical drivers license and increase the limits on the cell phone cards, I could ditch the wallet for good. Paper bills, coins in your pocket (just like in ancient Rome) and some cheesy leather wallet are now so old-fashioned, even an old fart like me can see the future.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGLD65j4Wro&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super late one today.....

Mark Moore taping Man on the Street!

Got up and started more work on the Mark segment. I decided to use the rough edit from before, but now I laid and synched the “B” camera roll material over the main video that gives me the ability to switch viewing angles from close up to far away shot in mid sentence. Then I dragged the video overlays from the old segment with the rough edits onto the new sequence and kept at it. Since Mark did the “Man in the Street” segment for the unused Variety Show, I took one of Gianna’s intros and plopped it at the start with one of Mark’s intros and then fast forwarded to 2017. At this stage it actually gets to be fun!

Gianna screen test!

What else, caught a very mild bug and the Thanksgiving pot belly is finally starting to go down.

In other news, I was thinking I made a mistake by not going to the UN this year when all the heads of state are there. At best you get a half day pass and the hotels cost a sultan’s ransom, but what the hell – the UN at that time is ”the” place to be! This was during my two weeks off in September; I took that time off specifically for the UN thing. But after I made plans the car thing happened, the TV stuff had to start moving and so on. I could have easily spent the Mustang “mod” money on the trip instead and in retrospect I should have. I like to keep connected to that place as it endorses all the more questionable things I did in my life. Getting the philosophy degree – now I am using it to its full extent! Time and money spent on the orgs – I don’t get any push back on that decision now..... You get the idea. I have lead a charmed life from the Canadian Commission for UNESCO to the United Nations. Of course you always want to keep that activity going but it never lasts. I am fortunate to have an interesting concept and plan by disseminating the “idea” foremost as opposed to trying to push an agenda foremost. The former is easier and more effective than the latter. Pushing policy can easily be derailed at places like the UN but just disseminating an idea and having it become a talking point can’t. You can literally talk to yourself there and still be successful as the archiving and other methods of reporting of the presentation keep it in the ether of the United Nations. For a philosopher guy like me this is the ultimate. And there I said it. Getting this far and the way we create and disseminate ideas really – finally – makes me feel like a real philosopher. In the past you almost had to have a PhD and be teaching at some university to call yourself a philosopher. But I am out there doing it! Trying to think clearly and disseminating that stream of ideas at the venues that matter the most. And have a formal philosophy on forwarding our culture and the organization to help make it a reality! That is me as a philosopher.....

Goodnight.....

Gianna Screen Tests:

http://fofentertainment.com/Gianna_First_Interview.wmv

http://fofentertainment.com/Gianna_Variety_Show_Test.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well these updates are happening all over the place now.....

The Epilogue show with the new Mark Moore material is now in there and the show cut down back to the original runtime! So now a quick review and then making another QuickTime file while I watch TV tonight, and then the burning of the DVD while I sleep. Hopefully we will then have a DVD that is ready to go.....

Mark did note in the interview that now that he is married with kids and life is predictable, that he does miss those early days of the organization; when you thought anything could happen. I don't feel that as I am still living it. Actually right now I am terrified about what could happen to the TV stuff. I guess when things work out and time passes you get nostalgic and sentimental and long for that stuff again. But I am sure if Mark takes an interest in the TV stuff and we have to rush around like mad to redo everything and meet the deadlines - I will ask Mark: "Still getting misty-eyed about coming back?" Hehehehehehe.....

HMV closing - not the end of the world I thought it was!

That is it except for one detail I just noticed. I used to love driving down to HMV and looking for movies to watch. When they closed it was like a part of me was being cut out of me and all that. I bought droves of movies at next to nothing as they cleared out. And now? I don’t even watch the movies anymore. I will get to them eventually but there is no more time it seems. I didn’t even realize that until today; how bizarre.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the Epilogue show is burning to DVD as we speak.....

I still keep this blog of sorts going even though the experiment is officially finished as in the TV series. The real experiment is still on-going so I keep to my daily ritual of posting how I feel and what is going on. I just finished paying for a pile of domain renewals; I have somewhere around the mid thirties to forty domains registered. That is almost too much! All sorts of phone lines, an office that is not my home. It all adds up. But I am comforted by the fact I did it the most economical way possible. Sill - six corporations (five I own and the association, the other IAIJ Inc. is the original archiving service)? How the hell did that happen? Six? Now I wanted this back in business school, but I never thought it would be like this..... That old adage: “Don’t ask for something as you may get it!” So my business dreams came true – President and CEO of a conglomerate of corporations that do things in big ways but do not make me rich. To be honest a moral chap like me is the worst type of businessman as you really need to stick it to people to survive; but running businesses and orgs for a cause does seem to work for me as I have been fairly successful in keeping all the ships afloat. I guess it had to be this way all along. Having said all that, while I am not the kind of guy who can screw over another just because; make no mistake I can play hardball, I can be as nasty as devious and resourceful and compete against all comers - unlike the academic mindset. I live and operate in the real world!

I am not here to make money but to disseminate ideas, my ideas on where humanity should be heading. I am not some Good Samaritan; I am just a guy like any other. It just so happens that my philosophy, my moral code just happens to be of benefit to humanity as a whole. There is no God, there is no innate justice or fairness or good or bad. These are just constructs in our mind. I side step the ultimate arguments about God by simply stating that I have to act as if there is no God if I am to impress my ideas on humanity as a whole. So it does not matter if there is one or not. I have to act as if God does not exist. You have to make ideas and have a vision for humanity that does not have as a fall back some divine intervention if you screw up. So I’m not here to debate faith but simply to state that I have to act under the assumption that there is no God. When you remove the Supreme Being from the equation you find that you are free to do anything. Anything and everything goes if you can get away with it. Of course our culture and society is not based on anarchy and falls apart with it as there is less synergy in anarchy. So we build mental constructs that all “buy into” in our cultures that disapprove of murder, theft and all the usual. If that ties in with religion then all the better. But ultimately if someone with a vision of their own about humanity gets power, anything and everything is on the table. If it is by force and the military backed up by threats of violence, destruction and death; then these are the persuasions for the new reality. Others like myself approve of influence based on empathy and reason, and “buying into” a set of beliefs and a philosophy we all agree is in the best interests of all, based on our base natures.

So that in a nut shell is how I am doing my little thing here. Just one of a bunch doing their thing, messing with the machine. You are a player, but just a bit player. But that is a different universe than most, and you gave up a traditional lifestyle to make the play. The odds are against you but if you do get some traction you can do the biggest of things, like giving humanity its marching orders. Remember, they have to accept and buy into your ideas and philosophy. It can’t be this complicated academic dissertation – every man and woman has to be able to easily understand it. I think my positive mandate for humanity does this and so I press ahead.

My little hobby horse or one of the biggest plays ever – depending on how you look at it - and depending on how humanity sees it.....

Later.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 252 of 418

Jump to: