Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got confirmation that ECOSOC/HLS got the statement while people were cleaning up my dad’s place for a visit from family in May, and within 10 minutes of getting that email we noticed a pipe behind a wall was leaking. See: That is what I’m talking about - get some good news but then get some bad news. I could have fixed the leak myself if I was free for the entire day - but bad luck there so we had to hire a plumber to do it just after lunch.

The Geneva Summit on Human rights starts in May and you start to see some interesting venues you could go to if you have the time and money. Right now our advocacy is centered in New York, but Geneva is looking much more attractive lately. We are still registered for the AI for Good Summit despite my rant yesterday - but a stop over in London has to happen and such to make that worthwhile so…..

We were such a staple advocating at the Commission for Social Development but with the Summit of the Future ramping up we finally got to fully flesh out our new Global Social Contract within the written statement framework there:

https://www.un.org/sites/un2.un.org/files/sof-international-association-journ-input-zero-draft-pact-for-future.pdf

So now we have this latest written statement submission outside of the Commission for Social Development. In many ways the advocacy is growing and developing in the right places and that is very good news to me!

For Thursday is groceries and paying a tax bill, then to my dad’s place to make sure things are drying out and throwing away some rugs that got damaged. I’ll call the got junk folk and toss some stuff downstairs on the weekend. Man, lately it’s just one thing after another - and the expense of it all. But I won’t argue as I like my bad luck in small harassing portions like a fender bender with the Buick and burst hose in the basement (burst hose on the first or second floor is a much bigger problem) and hopefully less frequent but bigger good luck with the advocacy - that is how I work the laws of probability and chance - so bring it on…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/p1t0qnNk4Y0?si=wJhz5IcaVbK4m_3z
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a global social contract? It’s a social contract for everyone on the globe. What is the purpose of the contract, what do all of us get by getting involved in it - for my social contract it’s happiness. People get happiness and more happiness from it - primarily from what I call a Positive Mandate for Humanity. How would this global social contract operate - it would operate from voting of all people in humanity electronically from their smart phones. What is the end goal of this new Global Social Contact - the ultimate specific goal is never specified but it is a way of existing that leads us to our fate and we know it is the correct one because it makes us happy and happiness is a preferred way to live and achieve objectives we find desirable.

What I wanted to create was a new layer of human interaction. A global layer where each person in humanity had their own global identity. This layer is new and thus completely devoid of nationalism, religion and culture. Thus these areas of nationalism, culture and religion won’t be as much of an impediment on truly global issues and as such real progress and consensus could be made on these issues. Nations keep doing what they do, religions keep doing what they do and cultures keeping what they do - but we have this new realm where new things of all sorts can happen. A new layer of human interaction.

I am doing this from my obedience to a moral imperative that compels those with ability to act in the interests of all, otherwise those with less ability will take your place and move society to worse ends.

Why will member nations embrace this idea - because of self-interest. And I’ll leave that there for now.

I wish I had more time to write but these are the main bullet points. My written statements at the Commission for Social Development encapsulate the main part of this new Global Social Comtract:

The Positive Mandate for Humanity:

http://iaij.com/Maurice_ALi_UN_Speech_Feb_19_2019.mov

https://youtu.be/R-dPx1LPOpU?si=iUhh7h9bLbOOCDCo

Worldwide Vote:

https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2021%2FNGO%2F27&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

https://youtu.be/QyONpXCLd2I?si=1lnEequsjOif_2Jp

Global Social Contract:

https://undocs.org/Home/Mobile?FinalSymbol=E%2FCN.5%2F2022%2FNGO%2F37&Language=E&DeviceType=Mobile

(Regular video)

https://fortressoffreedom.com/Maurice_Ali_Speech_CSocD61.mp4

(Closed captioning)
https://fortressoffreedom.com/Maurice_Ali_Speech_UN_CSocD61_CC.mp4

I offer to you the footage from both side events at the United Nations. Note the lack of attendees at the Worldwide Vote side event. I was practically the only one there at the beginning but in the end we had like ten attendees. I was embarrassed at that originally but it was web cast live and in the passage of time I am now proud of the fact I was literally by myself barking out the idea of a worldwide vote inside the UN - that may sound strange but that’s how I see it now.

Anyway, I have to rent a rug drier after that leaking pipe got the carpets wet in my dads basement - real life always intrudes into the other more important aspects of your existence.

Can’t get enough - here is a movie on the subject I made:

https://youtu.be/wUgkGUP4o9g?si=wgp0Ay_MFSLyXokj

Eight episode TV series I made in the subject:

https://youtu.be/7k5cEzDL0FM?si=cZTt8NWCLpZU4ulX

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took Saturday off and I did basically nothing.

I returned the rug dryer and went to the music store up north which wasn’t open till 11:00 and that was it. That’s the funny part about music stores - they open earlier but only for lessons and then later the store opens for retail. I was just hanging around indoors because of the rain and sleeping on and off during the day.

As for the orgs:

If the activity lately is about the Summit of the Future then most of what I have to offer is out there. The Worldwide Vote is the most immediate thing that gets interest - and actually could be implemented fast and with support. The Positive Mandate for Humanity with its message of freest expression of mind and body because it makes us happy is the harder sell - even if true. Freest expression is not just free speech, but social freedom of expression as in dating and marrying who you wish, freedom to pursue your work ambitions to your limits, free expression in your scholastic ambitions and so on. Funnily enough, I have personally experienced almost all of those limitations of my expression in my life, but the Fortress Experiment reinforced the idea with over 30 others who we checked up on for over a decade.

The new Global Social Contract is hardest yet - but - a “in the works” future possibility as a version of a long range goal - is possible.

If the traffic is here to find a way to kick us out of the UN then it is what it is. The idea was to advocate on behalf of citizen journalists which was successful and our extended advocacy has pretty much got all the ideas out there at the United Nations. So I don’t see how kicking us now stops anything going forward.

Remember, if you want to stay at the UN then they own you. You have to be able to let it go while advocating - you have to put it all on the line or you are not worthy to advocate. I am surprised the UN hasn’t just co-opted a guy like me into the machine that is the UN. That is probably the best way for member nations to control all of this. I believe the UN is the best place for all of our ideas. I can make the pitch as to why it is in their best interests of member nations to have it here. But it’s hard as just an NGO with status as opposed to being in the actual machine with day to day interaction. Personally I’m open to all of this and it’s up to the UN in how they want to proceed.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to reality…..

Basically I spent Sunday and Monday morning getting rid of the junk at my dad’s place. I had to rip out and tie up all the wet and moldy carpet and underlay. I have to spray the underside of that super heavy wooden TV from the 1970s which had mold on it. Then call up the junk removal people and pay to take it all away.

The only good side to all this is that it’s done and I don’t have to order a dumpster.

However, you can’t coast even after all that. You do ask yourself what you get for all that work. Anyway you don’t want to hear that rant. Hopefully the mold doesn’t take hold in my lungs so this piece of nastiness is done for the time being.

Nothing else happened. It was all heavy TVs, carpet and mold - all because of some cheap shit valve for a humidifier we don’t use. What a waste…..

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It funny how home stuff just occupies your time.

Nothing else is getting done until that basement leak is done. And today I think it will be done. Yesterday was cutting up and hauling away all that soggy carpet and underlayment and throwing everything else out. While at it I got all the old TVs out so that cleaned up a lot of junk down there.

For Tuesday it’s just sweeping up all the leftover debris and mopping the floor with Ajax or whatever and washing it down from there. Basically the house is back to normal. Then we may move some of the stuff cluttering up the basement into the concrete floor there. Then it’s back to the orgs.

Man was I stiff and sore, but incredibly in the morning everything is fixed - just like when I was a kid! How does that happen at my age ?

Anyway that is my plan now. Life throws stuff at you and you just have to react to it.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/9T6PXX7X2ro?si=ua0qziiO9tmKpc-Y
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll actually get this out before I go to bed.

The only thing that separates me from your typical person at the UN was that I got into all this at such a late time in my life. That is rare indeed. What that really means is that I get to take my idealism and ideas, concepts and philosophy to my grave as it is. There isn’t enough time to slowly corrupt me.

Having said all that above, I am starting to see the other side of the perspective. “They” saw what I am seeing but at an earlier stage of life. I only really got to see what they saw at 62 years of age. And what I saw was ordinary people just like myself (if you consider me ordinary) running the world - or let’s say at best no better than myself - walk up before me and I could see this for myself from just a few feet away -who they really are and how they handled themselves and their handlers.

When you see how the world really works and the people behind it, you see just how precarious, just how hopeless it all is. There is no God, there are no helpful aliens coming down to save us. What I saw was what it is and all it will ever be. If I was a younger man I would realize the futility of it all and just live for myself. Live a comfortable and prosperous lifestyle with a beautiful wife and kids to hopefully carry something on and screw the idealism and changing the world for the better. This is opposed to a squalid life of poverty hunger and death. Why not let yourself become corrupted - or just keep things good for yourself - there is no God and therefore no punishment for anything you do. I have to admit that If I was younger I’d get in tight with these organizations and impregnate a beautiful woman and have beautiful kids that will have a better life than me.

I really do understand now. But time has run out on me and all I have will be the ideas and the advocacy behind it. I will be this painful thorn in the side of most as they came here to make the world a better place in their idealistic youth - and then this guy their age comes along still idealistic and reminding them how they used to be and what they have become. Is it any wonder why so many would sort of hate me?

The Fates

Anyway, my life will just get worse and more miserable as the years add on. I’ll keep trying as you never know, only The Fates know what “they” as a group will do with me? I am them in their past, so I don’t think they want to destroy me. He’s too old to corrupt, so what do they do? I have an idea - give the kid a chance and see what takes place or does not take place. Life gets boring and here comes this guy supposedly with change for the better for all. Instead of building pagodas to keep from being reincarnated as some vile creature if that is what some believe - what if you help a guy like me out and live the nice life “and” avoid the judgement pitfall when you die?

You may not even have to lose what you have - just not get in the way or look the other way with this guy - and let what happens happen…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/Bg9dhr7h6yI?si=XZmsfMubdGF0Ytuj

https://youtu.be/VYkg0U9hFYU?si=cG0zXtm6sQcuuV2M
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of stuff going on…..

First is that we registered FOFSTOCK for the AI for Good event:

Sam wrote:
FOFSTOCK Invited to the AI For Good Global Summit!

By Samantha Blackwell

FOFSTOCK has received an invitation to attend the AI for Good Global Summit 2024 at International Telecommunication Union (ITU) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The ITU is a special agency of the United Nations and its parent entity is the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).

As per the rules, we are allowed to send one delegate to the event that happens May 30/31 (2024). We are still waiting for the event to finalize events and side events as this is still ongoing.

ITU Council Meeting!

More news as it becomes available.

Please visit: https://sentientai.net

Second is that we registered IAIJ for the WSIS+20 event happening at the same time and place as the AI meetings:

We were at the WSIS+10 event ten years ago in Paris (France) in 2013, and a speech on the floor of the General Assembly in New York about citizen journalism in 2015. I even spent two days on the floor of the General Assembly Hall at the vote on the recommendations and securing multi-stakeholder governance of the internet. The same should be happening again next year. The governance part was a big deal and to have been a small part of all that was a big welcome to the United Nations!

Nobody wants to hear me this time around but you never know. Things really ramp up in 2015 so if I’m not speaking there I’m probably just participating remotely - you pick your battles…..

Anyway the reality here at home is family flying in tomorrow. That is my reality.

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/T4Xf2Efb6_w?si=ShcGEt3T-9KEJ1Ua
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doing the home stuff…..

We had a funny back and forth about FOFSTOCK participating at WSIS+20, but music has been changed by tech that why not add it in there. I have noticed music totally absent at these meetings and yet jt is such a part of our lives. AI and music is more obvious but I was surprised by the surprise with my gang when I registered FOFSTOCK for WSIS+20. So, FOFSTOCK is now participating at WSIS+20 in Geneva. Now both NGOs are participating at all
events there that matter.

As always I’m continually reminded of my age as all my contemporaries get older and slowly fall apart. Life is a cheat and you get older faster than you ever thought. Probably because you’re in denial at the end until you can’t deny anymore and thus you think it goes fast. Most people start to actually go grey in their late twenties but never make the connection at that age. Later they notice that their hands are aging and their neck is sagging just so slightly. And for women they can’t hide the fact they’re getting grey by pretending to color their hair for other reasons as opposed to it all being grey. Guys will usually go grey but stop at the salt/pepper stage and start to color - but most that are still single or divorced will just carpet bomb the hair with color noting that it never gets the grey completely out and live with that.

What else:

Sports and playoffs - so much superstition on the fav team in the playoffs. I was telling people the truth that really the fans are just along for the ride and what happens happens. But superstitions are a way to feel you have some control in the game by doing something you think has shown a high probability to work com past experience - and it gets rid of that feeling of helplessness. For those that are in the game - once you have done everything you have to win the game, the only thing left to do is superstitions and traditions and you have to do that or else if you lose everyone will blame the loss that.

I’m not there with the advocacy yet - superstitions - so there are practical things I have not ever done yet to get things to go my way. When I get superstitious, then I will know I have done all I can…..

That bad luck good luck thing in everyday life I talk about is actually proper probability theory. When I start actually doing strange things it becomes superstition.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family is visiting, but on Friday afternoon I got this email:

So they are including oral statements at the ECOSOC HLS. We at IAIJ will of course apply, but I ask all of you to temper your expectations as inclusion on the list of speakers is totally up to the President of ECOCSOC.

We have been here before and failed but our goal to to introduce ideas and have them become common talking points. So while we may not have been able to make an oral statement before at another event, inclusion here would seem to be progress on our general mission.

I shall waste no time and submit for Monday and see what happens. The speeches are a strict 2 minutes with microphone cutoff, so our written statement has to be cut down a bit for the oral statement. And it’s not just rushing it under 2 minutes, this will also be translated in many languages “on the go” so it also has to be at a slow pace.

No matter, this is good news even on a hectic weekend! Relate the written statement and now oral submission, to the events in Geneva that seem strictly as an observer event at very high cost. Going forward, some decisions will be made on a physical trip to Geneva - but not yet - but you can see the direction where this is headed…..

Goodnight…..

https://youtu.be/YikYT36XwIM?si=t4_cMS_l5Zax5zjO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418
Page 418 of 418

Jump to: