Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well an early one for you guys.

Man, I used to dread the down time as I was always used to being crazy active. But now I’m dreading moving on everything. Just waiting for the sign to start things up. Being alone like now soaking in my tub leads you to question your success in the upcoming months. This may be it for you. Your fate my be spelled out plainly in a few months, as in I’m finished and forgotten.

It’s not on your end, but in the other end. Will you get a voice, the side event, what about the movie not just at the UN but does it play well with everyone there watching. What about the short playing as well. What about long shots like Sundance. Just a lot of unknowns and I have little ability to affect the outcome when it reaches the other end.

You just wait. Waiting reminds you that you are not the centre of the universe. Just a small part of it. You are not starting anything anymore. The cards are played out and there is no starting over. Just running the plays - And then?

Alone.

Maybe I’ll go to the bar and drink a beer and stare at a wall. Maybe go to my dad’s place and watch TV. Shop for some earbuds as the current pair are getting sketchy. I actually have time for that.

Alone.

Well things will be changing shortly. When there won’t be enough time. That is if all goes well. If not then I’m just an old guy barking platitudes on a street corner.

And on that note - Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iptUNUFdyas&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nothing day just fussing about life and the upcoming activities.

You are born into a society where you are literally looked at as a alien. No brown people in the prairies in the 1950s/1960s. You lead this isolated life where you can’t develop socially and incur the wrath of every prejudicial injustice from childhood on. You try to figure this out and change society as at that point you just relate to society as opposed to other individuals due to the isolation. You fantasize about solving the world’s problems, climbing the steps to the United Nations.

You take business and philosophy in school and had a real talent for philosophy, but like all your dealing that involved the subjective evaluation, you got screwed and were thrown to the wolves where you existed at on the outside as a rather ordinary person at the lower levels of society.

Enter the internet and you saw an opening to your ambitions. Even though you should have had a doctorate (dad left after his master’s because of a high paying position that lead him to places like the tar sands and then NAIT), I surmised that starting a newspaper and journalist org would allow me the freedom of expression to try to fulfill my ambitions. The way I engineered Fortress worked. I had a journalist NGO that could do an in-depth report on any subject and introduce it at places like the UN to help solve some of the world’s problems as I fantasized as a kid. I worked my way up the ladder and ended up at the UN with consultative status.

While all that was going on I had an experiment to determine was important in our lives and thus how we should all live our lives. So I found the answer I searched for as a kid and the portal to disseminate this information to the movers and shakers in international politics. And this year’s topic is “social inequalities” - something near and dear to my heart.

This year is the year to make the big play. Your entire life was made for this moment and it’s all about to play out in a matter of weeks. Is it any reason I’m nervous and fidgety? So now you know why. I will come - if invited - with a mandate that should solve all their problems. The little boy they looked upon as an alien may have an answer. Will they let me speak. Will they let me express myself for what seems to be a pretty solid argument on what it means to be a human being. I can speak there and I can hold a side event there and if interested I can show the movie there as much of the movie is about the UN, and I am pretty sure there would be an interest to see that (just this feeling I have)! But at the end of the day I have no idea how I and the ideas I have will be received. And I have done all this, all my life, for the betterment of humanity!

That is why I feel my whole life is coming to a head. Judgement day is coming up. No pressure, no pressure.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5NWCD7D5n8&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aKFB49AkA&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I’ve shaken off the lethargy.....

I got lazy and lethargic. When that happens because you have too much time and nothing to do you procrastinate. So I let one bill go unpaid until the due date that day. I had to actually drive down to their head office in the middle of the night, let the security guard let me into the lobby and slip it into the deposit box and then drive back home. Having too much time on your hands actually makes you lazier and unable to get anything done. That was the proof for me. So this morning I paid credit card bills and washed the dishes that were marinating there for like over a week. I also stocked supplies like toilet paper and Coffee Mate and stuff like that.

I also have to make another DCP for the short if it hasn’t been done already so I have all audio options available for me. It’s just over a month to go and I have to get cracking on the movie premieres. That positive mandate report needs an update and revision to the current Session of the Commission for Social Development. The more I think - the more I see what I have to do…..

In the end this past month or so of inactivity was good for me. Getting totally bored and apathetic is a good thing in the end if you still lead an active life. Those days are over as of now and it is go, go and go…..

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeH0Xxqagq8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See: Now I have no time so a quickie today.

I should have the three track DCP finished today. I left the audio uncompressed and that should increase the audio to comparable levels compared to the movie. Then do it to the Dolby 5.1 version and we are good to go!

After that, we turn to the updated positive mandate report and start embedding video into a power point presentation of the same subject.

Wow, like flipping a switch and I’m once again running at 100%.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BAu_5Iv3C8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I actually have some time…..

First the black triangles with the question mark. I went into the database after the problem and found all the characters in place in their Window Word rich text format. For example,‘s shows as /s in normal charsets like utf-8. So the data isn’t the real problem. Somewhere along the line it is getting tagged. So I’m taking the conversion to regular charset at a more relaxed pace. If I correct the culprit I will still have a few years of rich text that will rear its ugly head again, so now that I can see the problems I will correct as much as possible and then correct the display of it. It really is only in the back pages of this blog where few really delve. So - But it will get done.

I am concentrating on the Short (Real Life: Real Lives) and getting it ready in two variation at the same audio levels as the feature film. I know the projectionist will have notes as to how to present the audio, but shit happens, so if he gets lazy and just plays the short it will play like the feature film because it was edited by the same guy on the same machine to the same levels.

I can now see the movie premier’s dates on my phones calendar so we have to get a move on. The UN stuff will start happening concurrently so the time crunch could be massive. And if we win the lottery and get a premiere at Sundance the lid will be off. Getting that really would be a lottery win, but you never know. You never know and if you told me what I would be doing now 16 years ago, I would just laugh in disbelief. That is that reality between then and now…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things just keep ramping up……

So we may have some new music coming your way shortly. Nothing is ever for sure till it happens but yes, new music may be happening at FOF Records. Just the way things happen. When we had nothing going on nothing happens like this project. Then when things ramp up it all starts happening. Though I don’t begrudge people using a possible tie in to the movie premiere to promote themselves because that is what we are here for! Actually that is just savvy marketing. So you just roll with the flow and get it all out there!

Real Life: Real Lives

I now have a full resolution but black side bars version of the short and a full screen version of the short about street youth and homeless kids. If the theater surround is black, the bars don’t matter. But in a feature film which has an HD background (in grey) that encapsulates HD and SD and split screens all at once, noticeable black bars with a full frame resolution may be a bit much if it shows. If not, we go with the bars as we get full frame. But if it is off black during presentation then we go cropped on top and bottom. These are slivers and not like cropping SD for HD so no biggie in ultimate resolution. The only way to know for sure is to go to this theater and see how films play there and check out the sound system. This may start this weekend so we shall see how that goes.

The 40' theater screen at The Royal Cinema!

Then there is the UN stuff. I have to update it (the positive mandate report) with the funding advantages – if any – you get if you get a major mandate in by resolution at the United Nations. Why – because money talks in the end..... I have to check procedure but an interesting exercise that may be of interest to the Commission for Social Development in furthering resources with more money. More within the realm of the positive mandate is the tie in with social inequality. There is a direct correlation and that makes it especially relevant this year as that is what they focus on. We shall see how all that pans out but it has to start now. And as I said before we have to look into embedding video into a possible side event there. And the soft sell of the complete movie play even if it is in some small cafeteria playing on some monitor it is all good for me – for anyone interested. We are there to disseminate an idea first. If we participate further it is all gravy.

That’s what’s going on right now. Just like that, a flip of the switch and you are at 100% capacity.

Goodnight.....

http://fofentertainment.com/Real_Life_Movie_Ending.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the cropped but full 2K Flat version of The Fortress Experiment is a third of the way there.

I will then slice out the video and rename it to the same name in the original CDP and replace the full frame version (with the thin black bars). Typical HD is 1920X1080p at 24 frames a second. 2K Flat is 1998X1080p at 24 frames a second, so if you keep the native dimensions of the HD content you end up with thin black bars around the sides. So we shall see how this version looks. It was taken from a properly converted file that took the DNxHD interlaced HD60i file and made it into a more cinema friendly 24p file. This will – in the end – give me two options for presentation. The hard work was that proper conversion to 24p but more importantly the audio work. We have Dolby 5.1 and I gave the man three channels to work with which is left right and mood music. I probably gave him the mono for center but not certain. This gave him a proper channel set up and we would try some stuff with the back sub woofer. The Subwoofer didn’t work out well co we just keep that dark and rocked with 5 channels instead. So I want to keep that audio setup and only change the video to the cropped version and that should be done by the end of the weekend.

The Royal Cinema entrance!

I checked out the movies at the Royal and they have to tonight. “Tito and the Aliens” and “Rusty Boys” Neither of these wet my whistle so I may pass this weekend. But I have to get serious about nailing down the movie premiere as it comes up faster than you think! You just keep plugging away at things as the big moments are coming up.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that got done today was the converted video into the cropped but full screen DCP.

Reviewing a DCP of The Fortress Experiment!

Actually that is a big deal to me as I may go with this format for the premiere. It is just the video and has no audio but other than that we are good to go. I will import the audio and make sure it works and that all the info on the project is good and proper so the DCP plays as it should, but the heavy lifting is over. This took about 24 hours even with the conversion to 2K Flat and if there is a power failure you have to start all over again. So I am relieved to have that CPU intensive part done and will marry the video to the audio tomorrow. Examining the video shows the HD content to be completely acceptable while the SD content is – well – SD content. My only bitch is that in some scenes you get shimmering and such from horizontal lines but I can’t tell if that is just the viewer I am using or the actual video. The only way to tell is by watching it on the big screen. So I may just take a quick peek at some theater just to be sure but then what could you do anyway. We shall see what happens here. Maybe the best thing is to leave it as it is the resolutions were the best available at the time and that is what it looks like on our equipment today. We constantly jump for year to year so while noticeable, it shows the time jumps more clearly that a flag showing the year. Maybe I’m a bit more anal about the quality, but I am producer of the thing, so being anal is a part of it.

We shall literally just wait and see…..

On to the AI threat I haven’t said much about. Well, trust me folk and working around the clock to give birth to proper AI. So just how would you set up the first AI? Well you would probably use what you already have as in humanity’s culture. The problem with human culture is not the culture but the vestigial animalistic aspects of humans that constantly erode culture. With AI you don’t have these animalistic issues and the best of human culture can be assigned to an AI. The question is whether AI can lay claim to humanities culture? What is to stop it being used? And would an AI be a better container for humanity’s culture. And then what happens to the animal based humans? If we as humans give birth to AI, don’t they automatically earn the right to all of humanity’s’ culture because they were spawned from our hand?

Look at it this way. What defines humanity is its culture. So it is the culture above all! But is it dependent on being attached to humans? That is the question. If it is just about the culture then an AI could just take over and continue to develop it has humans are limited in this regard. In many way AIs would be better recipients to continue to develop our culture as they are not married to those vestigial animalistic innate or instinctive parts of humans that always seem to bring culture down. AIs don’t have that problem and can grow our culture at an even faster rate. If you look at culture just as an entity upon itself then what does it matter who grows it in the end? Humans to start and AIs later on. If we don’t’ like the idea of AIs taking over development of our culture then why allow AI development? Probably greed as in replacing humans for profit. Again this will be the undoing of the human race and if inevitable then why bother stopping it. My positive mandate gives us the answer as humans are very elastic creatures if we open our minds to the possibilities. That makes a replaceable AI all the harder to create at the moment. We are in this race to carry forth technology and it would seem to be going ahead with or without humans at the helm. My way offers humanity a chance to keep holding the reigns while stagnation mentally allows AI the chance to continue development with humans being left behind to an uncertain end.

That’s a bleak future for humanity, but if we have that positive mandate in place it does spur things along to the betterment of humans.

Enough of that above. You will get more than enough in the coming months. In my personal life I have to start cutting out things in my life that stop me from really getting trim and fit. Some would laugh and say I’m rail thin as it is. But I want to keep it that way and really trim down my stomach as my dad always told me whatever you gain there does not come off. So that hot fudge Sunday is gone as of Monday. Then we only have the Starbucks issue. I have given up cold turkey before but this time I will concentrate on one day on and one day off. I have to keep exercising and keep preening myself as appearance has an effect on feeling dynamic. This all ties into making the plays that I have to made. Uncertainty ahead but the plays must be made…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM1-DQ2Wo_w&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reviewed my DCP for Real Life: Real Lives and the SD material looks fantastic.

Seriously, I am so f**king proud of that short! So why is the SD material in the feature so sloppy by comparison? Well the HD source material used in both is as good as can be. All material is broadcast quality. So what happened, I don’t know as I didn’t transcode the feature length film. But I will be transcoding it myself this time.

Sabrina on the set of Real Life: Real Lives!

Actually I am transferring that latest movie file to another drive and then doing a test on the worst part of that SD material and then if it looks good my way – and it should – then I end up making my own DCPs in the end after I paid the pro to do it originally. So out of that I got the equipment and the 5.1 audio and that is all. Trust me I will be checking out that audio after we nail down the video and it better be good! Otherwise I will just go with the three speaker version for all films.

But the relief is that the fix is in. That I am ultimately master of this project from beginning to end is a bit more satisfying. But if I had known what I know now I could have saved some cash in the end! But hindsight is always too late and there you go. So the movie stuff is rapidly getting done and I think we will rock the cropped version for both films. Yes the version I was proud of was the cropped version so that takes care of any mystery now and I will really be able to lock down the films for the premiere by the end of this week. So it looks like Santa Claus will be giving my present a bit early for Christmas. Just give me a good showing of all our films in that huge old fashioned theater and I will be happy – then give me all the UN stuff too – and then don’t forget about Sundance also. And I will be nice for the next year. I promise…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq6_K5MnrnU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m stuck indoors with nowhere to go.

So I’m thinking. There is a scene in the movie “Kill Bill” where Uma Thurman gets buried alive and has to punch her way out of the coffin and dig her way out of the grave. Mythbusters (a TV show) busted this idea because the most you could do is maybe crack a plank of wood but even if you had a trap door to escape, at 6’ under, the coffin fills so fast with soil you could not dig yourself out. Maybe 2 feet as they were able to do it with two feet – but only two feet?

When I write my speech and get the positive mandate read or a possible side event, I am reminded how the anthropologists were correct. For a guy like me born where I was at the time I was, there really was no hope at all for me. No hope as in no social life, no marriage, no kids and no career, just wallowing in the lower strata of society at best. It is very hard to change the way society works on the ground. Actually it is almost impossible. Almost, as there are always people who can play human nature to slip through those backward cracks. But even if you do, your life is still a bitter pill to take. Perhaps the bitterness is more intensified by the fact this did not need to be this way in the first place. But human nature is what it is.

What I’m getting at is that the idea you can get anywhere on your own, is really a fallacy. If the odds are against you they are very hard to change. For all I have done the past 15 years, my life is strangely the same as it always was except for the advocacy. It is like an alter-ego a super hero has. You have your usual life dictated by anthropology and you have this semi-secret life you created playing that same set of anthropological parameters. For me to get anywhere with the advocacy I had to take it out of the sphere of Canada because I would be stymied at every turn there. It had to be international in scope and there my race, ethnicity (or supposed ethnicity) and so forth would be more accommodated. So I started with the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, then UNESCO and then the United Nations. That is how I avoided the anthropological suppression on my home turf. But I still live here in Canada and my normal life still follows that of how anthropologists say it would follow. Amazing!

So as the experiment wraps up and the advocacy continues. I am reminded that at the end of it all I am still who I always was where I live. I now see through those smiling faces of people who can do the right thing that our constitution says is the law, but quietly do the wrong thing that goes back to our more animalistic natures that always bring down the most lauded aspects of human culture. The only thing I can do is advocate for the best of us to be brought out at the highest levels and let that be a goal, or sign post as to what we should strive for. That was the outcome of the Fortress Experiment and what I am going back to the UN to hopefully prattle about. Having a mandate for the freest expression of humanity’s mental and physical abilities allows for broad policy that ameliorates the social injustices of the world. It’s all good and easily understood by all. The results are the results! So I’m getting all that stuff ready and hope to get a chance to express myself and the results of the experiment and how this could help humanity in general. In my country it would get nowhere because of the usual anthropologic reasons. But in the international sphere you are dealing with a different caliber of person. So, unlike before, I actually have a chance there! All I want to do is disseminate the information first, and then see if anything happens we can build on. It’s as simple as that.

But getting to that place was hard, it was supposed to be near impossible but like I say you can play the system a bit and get outside into an environment where you have a chance and that is what I did. Anyway, you may ask what free expression has to do with social inequality and that is the brilliance of such a mandate. Not being able to pursue an education or career because of race, ethnicity or any other bias, cripples your self-expression. Not being able to date freely (as was and still is my life) stymies self-expression for yourself and how you relate to your society. I always thought I was a family man but good luck with that where I live that made me a social cripple from the get go, so you have to pursue another course. Negative bias based on religious beliefs or suspected religious beliefs, again, suppresses your ability to express yourself in a myriad of ways. And so on and so forth.

You get the idea.....

By adopting a positive major mandate for humanity based of freest expression of humanity’s mental and physical selves is the best trickle down mandate to alleviate much of human suffering. And what do I base this all on? I base it all on The Fortress Experiment which proves that we should pursue the freest expression for an individual because in the end it makes us happy. A rather self-contained and bullet proof proposition! So that is what I am after here. We shall see if I get to propose it at the UN or not. I can’t make anyone do anything other than the force behind my advocacy and the arguments it is based on. We just have to see what happens. Regardless, I want to show the movie at several places and hopefully a few festivals. But we shall see. I will do all I can but the UN is key. It all plays out in the next few months. Like I said, my situation was sort of like being buried alive and in reality you can’t get out. Even if I am successful at the UN, my life here is still as condemned as that person buried alive. Theatrics are all good and well for the theater. But the fact I have to live this alter-ego life just shines the light on what happens if you give a suppressed individual a chance to express themselves, and at the same time they are nevertheless saddled with the same social inequalities they always had. That should make for even better movie entertainment than the usual popcorn fantasy. We shall see…..

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk5fAvpwtKU&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFSAbxfLBYU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no time so you get he abridged version instead.

It took thirty hours but my work flow is superior to the DCP I have now. I checked the export setting from my AVID and just rocked with the same setting that made the SD material look so good. What that was is a jpeg2000 24p file export. This export will take 44 hours to complete. Now I could export a DNxHR 24p file but I’m going with what works to my own eyes. So it is running now and I just forget about it for two days and hope there is no power failure. That file export is used for archiving projects because it is basically an uncompressed file, so you get all the quality that there is and I need it all!

But when he file is made I still have all options open. I will stay with a cropped frame which means the movie fills the whole screen for 2K Flat. Then all I do is review the audio options though I want that 5.1 Dolby. But having it play well is the priority as everyone may be coming.

Anyway that is what is happening now.

Latter.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something to think about. I’m going to be applying to the Commission for Social Development at the UN about introducing a rather radical idea that could make the world a better place to live in.

The 56th Session of the Commission for Social Development!

Seems like a sure thing, but you never know. I’m betting on it, but let’s play devil’s advocate and try to see reasons to stymie such an initiative. And forget about the UN but look at it in very broad strokes.

What is going on is that some guy from the lower strata of society gets the opportunity to voice himself at the highest strata of society. He has an idea to eliminate social inequality and make everyone happy. Seems an easy deal at first, but why would those at that lofty area of society want to provocative change? They as a group have status, well paid and have money, they have power including the power to keep the status quo (as in their own personal situations) so what is the impetus for them to change? It may even be genuine change for the better, but I hope you see the dichotomy here and the natural schism between the haves and the have nots. Maybe if they were like me and operated by a moral imperative things would open up and change would occur. But I think such individuals are few and far between. Maybe at the Commission and the UN you have people of this caliber, but as you trickle down the societal ladder I hope you can see that the people who can provoke change are precisely the ones that gain by no change. So humanity never evolves like it could by true leadership at the top.

The best chance for me to disseminate ideas and provoke change is at the UN and its special agencies. Them first! I hope you see why I did things the way I did to make the play I am making right now. You have to aim for the top and that’s all there is to it. Earlier this year I sent information packages to His Holiness, Pope Francis; and the Kingdom of Bhutan. Some laughed at such a bold move, but trying to work my way up from the bottom would have been completely futile. All of you must see it has to be this way. And we are not talking about revolution here, but planned and a vetted major mandate broad enough for mass appeal and a majority vote at the United Nations.

It’s all coming to a head very soon. I will make the play. The rest will be up to them. And I confident they won’t let us down. But I hope this shines light on the way I have done things up till now. The moral imperative first; and my personal gains mean nothing in the end.

In other news there is still another 17 hours of encoding going on in the movie. It is after all a feature length movie. Then I review and another 30 hours for the Digital Cinema Package. But it does not end there as there is review of the various audio solutions for this film that needs to be done and decided on. It never end.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcptiuo-kfc&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well so far I’ve been lucky with the master JPEG2000 file as it’s made. I can’t check the running quality of the movie as it just judders even in the best judder free player I have. Oh, well…..

But the stills look great! So I went ahead and started creating the DCP from that file which will take 41 hours and run into Saturday if we don’t get a power failure. This will crop and convert the color to XYZ from REC709. So RGB for photos, REC709 for broadcast video and XYZ for theaters/movies. XYZ should look a bit washed out but should play correctly. Anyway, we shall just have to see if I can play it at all. The files are even larger than the previous at one quarter terabyte (250 gigs). Yes, I get to start using “terabyte” describing the size of my movie files! There may be no way to test the files outside of a movie review room or theater. I could simply take the final file and compress it and make sure nothing weird is happening and such. Since it was taken from the final file if all is good it should be good in the uncompressed file. Still you would like to know for sure.

The Deluxe DCP Review Room in Toronto!

I am also not averse to just creating a DNxHR or even DNxHD file and working off that if the review possibilities are better just to sooth my apprehension. But the first pass should be the best and the uncompressed version which is JPEG2000. But I really would like to see it play in real time to be sure. This also means the movie is pretty much locked down now. I thought of a few very minor tweaks but those are dashed because of time. I will tweak the short because it is so much easier to re-render that small movie but the big one stays as is. The audio is another matter but the video is the big deal. I may even have to buy a huge hard drive to store the various DCPs because they are so huge now.

I can set up my own arrangement for cheap, quick and dirty 5.1 six channel review, but the video is the big unknown. But the audio I can tweak till the end. Most of this happens next week and then it all gets locked down to the premiere. So that is the plan now. I know for sure Deluxe has a screening room but I don’t need broadcast show quality rooms for typical production like ours. But I will check. And that is the sit-rep right now.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0vbY7fK44&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip flopping between the movie and the UN stuff…..

The movie DCP is rendering so I can concentrate on the UN stuff. I know what to disseminate there. Disseminate a simple idea understood by all and push to have that idea made into a positive major mandate at the UN. This mandate answers the question as to why we need rights such as free speech and thought as freedom of expression in all its forms makes us happy, and happy is the goal as it reinforces our rational and visceral objectives in some very basic ways, but is essentially beyond the scientific method in scope. This is opposed to faith and is separate and pragmatic. Such a mandate is extremely agile and allows rapid deployment of programs and financing, eliminating the constant and time consuming nature of many initiatives that would now fall under this broad mandate. I feel this is one way to – put it bluntly – help save the human race.

If you are in my shoes you realize that you never met anyone with more ability back in your prime (and in the end this is nothing to be proud of – it is in fact a curse!), and that if you didn’t act, then those with less ability would and that leaves less than the best pointing the way for humanity, and opens the specter to all sorts of human frailty leading humanity down the wrong path. So you act out of a moral imperative. You do this from the most unlikely of situations but that does not matter as you have ability and you get to a place thorough effective strategy where you can disseminate ideas and have them heard by the movers and shakers of this world who can enact and fund initiatives for the betterment of humanity.

You act on the bleakest of assumptions. There is no God; there is nothing other than what you see before you. You are getting old and will soon die. Nobody is invaluable and everyone is replaceable. Without people of good intentions and ability the world can spin out of control and into chaos. You have to act and try – at least try. So I am trying and the worst of my expectations have come true as there is hardly anyone at the wheel or tiller of this ship. We as humans need ideas and direction and if you have some ideas you must disseminate them. This is probably a shock to those who live life expecting things will be all right. I see things differently – like a sentinel - and see humanity in this constant freefall and hope to give it a soft landing through proper direction based on the wellbeing of humanity and not any selfish interest.

So that’s why I am here doing what I am doing. Frankly I would be doing something selfish and next to nothing otherwise, so it may as well be this. There are no guarantees, no guarantees that anything will happen in February, but I have to try. And keep trying.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after 90 hours of renderings, I now have a workable DCP that I am proud of. I will review it later for consistency but that should be a technicality – the movie quality now rocks!

To do that I had to export the original movie as a 220 mb/sec JEPG2000 one quarter teribyte file and then crop, change the color signature and all the rest and got it down to 110gigs for the video and audio with another 100 gig file in the video file folder. That did the trick to keep the old SD files full and fat with pixels. I believe that there is too much headroom in current HD and 4K so they liberally compress the file here and there and it does not matter to quality, but it is not discriminatory, so the SD material gets compression also and that can severely degrade quality. So you go overboard on the resolution and that gives you the headroom to avoid any degradation of the SD material. Anyway the proof is the actual stills and video – the final output rocks!

So I am off to get an early dinner and then take it home and review the movie end to end. Then I will start to look at the Real Life: Real Lives short. I will probably make all the main tiles in the same font and tweak two minor segments that seem out of spec and then the same workflow as I did in the movie. The audio work is the last. Then reformat the hard drives to the latest Linux standard and it is done baby! What a relief! I’m taking the week off to get everything done and this is a great way to start it off!

Later…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 279 of 416

Jump to: