Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another day and another productive day.....

I am doing things around the house. I finally got the weed whacker to work having sat there for years because I could not disassemble and replace the cord. Anyway, that is done and I used it around the yard before packing it away. Also the mower is fixed. That was simple and I now wonder why I put up will all that crap before doing this. I also leveled that basin where the new faucet is in the laundry room. Everything there works like new. Again, why did I suffer and pay through the nose each water bill when it was this easy to fix?

I got an email that The Fortress was ready for pick up so that should happen early on Thursday. But I spent much of the afternoon and evening just looking for floor tiles to pretty up the bathroom. I can pull the trigger on that job any time now. Same for the bathroom downstairs. All the facets, shower and tub plumbing and toilets have been replaced and just need to finish the flooring around each and the bathroom renovations are done. In between all this is watching movies and tonight it was Pawn Sacrifice which is the story of chess champion Booby fisher. I should also know the fate of the latest DCP creation of mine. The first was a disaster, but this one may be much better as it looks ok but we will need to see it on the big screen and check for judder form the conversion process, but so far so good. It's an on-going process..... But Wednesday for a very productive day!

I have to mention how depressing the days become when I am not working on things 24/7. The zero based review and financial analysis got it started. We hold or own but I could be doing better just with some simple discipline. But whatever, we are holding the line. Then you notice all the backlash against you and your orgs and it hurts and upsets. This happens to anyone that has a concept and/or philosophy they want to get out there, there will be haters. You do let it get a bit to you during downtime. This happens when you have time to take stock of your life and realize that the story is almost all played out. Like I say, it is always over before you think it is. I am like almost everyone on earth; you will have no lasting legacy. You will die for some reason and your very existence will be wiped off the face of the earth and you will be forgotten just like everyone else. Not even any kids or wife or any of that. So actually you will be in that minority that ends up with no legacy at all, and not even the basic ones.

The big zero.....

You do have the chance to change things like any free martin does. But that is just a crap shoot. There is a problematic chance but it is just a chance. When you live the life I did and were isolated and alienated very young, you develop mental skills to adapt and survive that kind of isolation. These skills were honed on your own and in university, but too radical for those folk - if you can believe that. But in the present world where AI is now the biggest threat, well then, those skills may have some relevance. The next world war will not be played out with countries and armies, but in the mind, in all our minds. And the stakes are high as many have noted. Humanity's reign may soon end. Maybe humanity won't end as physical entities but our position as the most advanced may be in jeopardy by AI and technology out of control. Physiologically it is true, we can't change as fast as a machine can, but we are not so wedded to the usual mental thought processes as you might think. Sure the base instincts are still there, but the so called higher functions are more malleable if you develop them early on as what happened to me in my unusual circumstance.

I got suckered into this because I still think humanity has a future, but it has to happen with the kids first. It is they that have to broaden their minds. The positive mandate is the first step. I am floored that humandestiny.org was the number one search hit on Google (for "human destiny") using safari, chrome and firefox yesterday. The position on the first page is not static and they change a bit but we are up there now. Something is propping that up there..... But the mandate just sets the stage for more dissemination and broadening of the minds of our youth to offer something more than a computer can do. We are better than that. The organization is strategically positioned for that dissemination either by myself or any member that joins up and wants a voice and platform. Like I said, this is all by chance in the end. I don't do this for notoriety, chicks or money or any of that. It's a moral imperative and I get around all that negativity I had in my life by the fact it is mostly centered around the young people and especially the kids that never did anything to me. That is what got me suckered into this selfless advocacy and what keeps me focused when I get dejected like today. The kids never did anything to me, so they deserve a chance. I see it every time. Some kid passes me on a stroller and the kid looks at me, smiles and waves before the kid gets whisked away. There is no quick racial judgment there. That comes later, but if we give them a better mental construct, they have a chance at something better than that. So that is why I live for the ideals and the orgs. That is why I don't live the selfish life of better cars, and a life of debauchery and just living for myself. I have my chance and that finish line is now in sight. I have to wait and this may take a few years and as always you may not get what you want. But the chance is there and that is all I have now. So that is why I live the life I now live.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another productive day!

I picked up The Fortress from the printers in the morning and everything is correct. Laura will make the announcement on Friday though as all I did was pick it up. What I was rushing to do was work on the roof of my house and today as Friday was rain and high winds. First was the chimney which had to be pointed up (shoving in mortar into areas that have been cracked or damaged by the environment) and also water proofed. That is a thankless and messy job but I got it done. Then, it occurred to me that I could also paint this long wood trim piece under the shingles at the front of the house. I looked at it in the morning and the paint was flaking off showing the bare wood underneath. While a minor thing, it looked tacky when your eye caught it. I had mentally put it on the "to do list" but trying Io do it today was never an option - until now. I had no dark brown paint, so I had to go to the hardware store and have them mix one up for me. So back on the roof I went and for 90% of the roof I was fine lying down on my stomach and painting the trim piece as I had to slightly overhang the roof. This was fine for most of it but the last part ended up in this valley made by another part of the roof. What this meant is that for the last part I was angled down. Gravity and the resistance of my body on the shingles would keep me from sliding off but it was not a good feeling. Anyway, I also clung onto the edge of the singles and quickly painted that patch and got back down the ladder. Being almost inverted some of the time and angled down at the end almost gave me a headache, but that disappeared fast. And, the job looked professional. So that was Thursday and I don't have any reason to go back on the roof for another year.

This is the bush I constantly have to cut down!

That should have been enough but I also trimmed down the bush and tree growth around that back yard. And there you go, all I have left is washing the windows and then inside. That was a big deal for me doing this outside work as the weather now gets crappy most of the time and the winds are never a good idea. I'm just glad it's over and I don't have the cash to pay someone to do that either. For Friday I may just take it easy. I may drive downtown and watch the city wake up. Stuff like that. As I get older and more senile, it pays to sit back now and then and just watch the whole world "happen" respectful of your own part in all that. That is what old people do. They watch the world go by irrespective of themselves. And then a little while later they are no longer watching it, but no longer a part of it in anyway shape or form. I get all that now.

Oh, and Friday I kick the Starbucks habit - again.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEwXOsmqFOM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura wrote:
The 2018 Edition of The Fortress is Printed!

By Laura Tommasone, Fortress Of Freedom Inc. / More Vision Inc. / IAIJ Inc.

Fortress Of Freedom is excited to announce that we have printed the 2018 edition of The Fortress! This edition is our largest yet at 84 pages and has IAIJ articles from around the world in addition the the usual news reports and updates from FOF. Here are the details on this 2018 edition of the publication:

The Fortress 2018

Editor: Sue Earps

ISSN: 9771923985804_14

Pages: 84

Publisher: Fortress of Freedom Inc.

Printer: More Vision Inc.

Publisher Location: Toronto, Canada & London, England

Date of Publication: September 20, 2018

Copyright: FOF Inc. / IAIJ Inc.

Distributor (hard copies): More Vision Inc.

The report will be available on-line and in book form distributed by More Vision Inc. in the greater Toronto area.

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

Another edition of The Fortress! I'll probably drop some off at the universities next week. I don't know why I still am as everyone else has zero interest in that - so times change. The knife sharpener guy was in my area yesterday ringing his bell, and I almost went up to him to ask why he still does that. Some say its tradition and that is sort of like where I am at with the "rag" we put out. When it was this big tabloid offset printed paper we would have stacks that we would put around universities and colleges and such along with the other papers. We felt so cool and battling the big boys and all that. Now it's all changed. The racks are gone except at the big universities that get free national newspaper drop-offs. At least that was last year. One only wonders what I will find this year. In the end it has devolved into this old guy playing delivery boy to some paper he pays through the nose for; leaving them there for the janitor to immediately throw into the garbage.....

Old guy is the word this weekend.

Another birthday on Sunday. We are "celebrating" on Saturday but I would just rather forget. The next one after this is the big 60! I don't look it and I don't feel it but there it is folks. At this point I almost don't care anymore. The stuff I am doing now is mostly among guys and gals my age anyway, but still you wish you had a few more years left. You wonder if there are any high moments still left or if things already played out at the UN last year and you just didn't get the memo that it was over yet. Maybe disseminating the voting app and introducing the positive mandate is it for you? Or no - nobody knows. But at the very least that is it so far and maybe that is enough. I don't feel that in my guts but you never know. Maybe it is already over and these last two weeks were a reality check on that.

I'm not going to dwell on this but that is what has been running through my mind the past few weeks. It is not enough to just get to a few notable events as some observer and play "look at how important I am going to this event", no I wanted to be a mover and shaker in my own little way. My own little way is by disseminating ideas and having the others steal it and do something with it as I can't do that on my own. That is the truly diabolical thing about my little creativity construct. It is not about me and notoriety or chicks or money - but the subliminal dissemination of ideas that hopefully can make a difference. Did I already do that and things have passed me by? Who knows but that is the reason I am in this funk right now.....

To keep my spirits up I have been actively searching and watching some of the worst movies in distribution. I found three more DVDs each holding 8 crappy films each! I opened one yesterday and had one early film with an early Keanu Reeves and Keifer Sutherland (Brotherhood of Justice) in this high school movie. Another old 1960 movie had a very young Jack Nicholson (The Wild Ride) and it had the worst reviews but it was watchable. Then another with Ray Liotta and Gretchen Mol (Forever Mine) which reminded me of a Harlequin romance. I took as much of that as I could and then just fast forwarded to see if Gretchen showed some skin to help sell the film and she did. The one I'm on now is a bit more interesting with this Vietnam vet turned Priest having his family killed by terrorists and then going rogue and becoming a mercenary type guy going after the man that killed his family. The funny part is he keeps the Priest getup to fool everyone; but the church wherever he goes catches up on him asking him to give these sermons on forgiveness and such. All the while he is sharpening his skills to blow the guy's head off or slit his neck - too funny in so many ways that movie! In searching the worst films we have "Septic Man" which is a Toronto shot movie about the town of Collingwood getting some Ebola like infection from contaminated water. So they pay the best septic man 200,000 dollars to dive into that shitty situation and find out what is going on. Except he gets trapped down there and mutates into Septic Man! I have to see this movie. And that is how I keep my spirits up. Watching "B" movies like our own, how sick is that?

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPzoL1SALM&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYWRsDZnz0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this so called vacation of mine is coming to an end.....

I have been dong reno work on the house even though I didn't say anything yesterday. In fact on Friday I stained the front edge of my balcony floor which is this cedar flooring and the edges by the rails are exposed and go bare after a few years. I used whatever leftover stain to touch it up. I guess I should have used new stain but I am not wasting money on touch up work. More touch up work with paint that almost matches the twenty five year old paint already on the walls. This was needed in the two bathrooms where I replaced the toilet with a 600.00 TOTO as the tanks are smaller than the old tanks. The same story downstairs except the toilet is American Standard and a same maker pedestal sink. Behind both are green walls that used to have the most garish wallpaper on them. Anyway they now have paint that almost matches. I replaced some walling on a hall to the storage room and painted that. This was half old (the top part) and the bottom was new paint. Actually this looks ok for some reason and probably because I painted the old stuff maybe ten years later than the stuff upstairs. Anyway that was Friday renovations.

For Saturday I tackled the tiling in the upstairs bathroom around the toilet and finally got that job done. Now the only thing to do everything I could think of is the tiling in the basement and then start cleaning the windows and vacuuming the house. Everything else was taken care of and I am a free man!

I'm still watching movies and the only one of the second disc of this 8 movie set was an old Italian movie about corruption in politics and the police and organized crime - in Italy. It is surprisingly watchable and I'm halfway through. I also started my Starbucks cold turkey breaking of the addiction. One day Starbucks free!

And finally the birthday. It's on Sunday but the festivities were today with a cake and some family. I'd rather forget about it but the birthdays come and go. They remind you how ancient you are. I don't feel it yet and don't look it either but you are getting up there. I was literally Spiderman on Thursday working on the roof, and my muscles ached for a day like when I was in my 20's, but gone now - so unlike how I should be feeling as some old guy..... In the end it has no real impact on what I have to do that is important in my life. I am ridiculously healthy compared to my contemporaries and I can finish everything I started. the crazy thing is the women. Always surrounded by young pretty women and always look but don't touch. I met another one with one of my gang today and she is interested in maybe joining us. There is a place for them here and at the advertising company. They even get paid. But it's just business there, and back to a lonely home at night for me. And that is how it goes. This bizarre existence of mine.

Are we still moving forward or am I secretly packing things up? Well you can tell by where the money goes. I kept the phone lines intact. I renegotiated the office agreement which also keeps my potential office agreement in New York alive and viable for another two years. All the websites are still being renewed. The two servers are still spinning. We are still spending money on projects, and big projects like our feature film. And we are still doing new things like the lottery film festival next year. All the corporations are still active and I am still submitting tax returns like I did for More Vision last week. After all my bitching and angst. After toying with erasing the film festival and then keeping it back on. Well, everything is still green for go at all levels. We just keep costs down where we can and stay lean and mean and keep doing what we are supposed to do. I am where I always wanted to be and doing what I fantasized about as a kid. It just took 45 years to get there and it Is never quite as you fantasized, but I am there. As much as I bitch about it, it could be way worse. But the Fates want this opera to play out to the end. There is still at least one more chapter to play out. The fat lady has not sung yet, so we are still aiming at viability and dynamic thoughts. It is only that with much time on my hands I reevaluated everything with the zero based review. That is what these two weeks were about. Just two weeks to test the need for everything we have. And it is all needed and viable. That is what you can take away from this vacation of mine.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the usual.....

Well it's back to the usual today. I will end this thing this morning with a vacuuming of the house as promised at the start. I may wash a window but that didn't truly get done - but everything else did! I even patched up the flooring in the two bathrooms. I had three blocks of tiles I used in the basement stored away and was surprised to see the peel and stick adhesive as good as new after almost 25 years. They are slightly lighter in color than the tiles that have been on the ground since the beginning, but I will nevertheless upgrade and replace all the damaged tiles at FOF. Upstairs I think I have found enough tiles to completely do that bathroom. I think - so after I post this it is back to the hardware place to make sure I don't run out of tiles.

That is about it for now. I watched a really good Italian move as I said last time. I rate it four to four and a half out of five. I'm not alone on that, the movie isn't dated and even shows some skin which was a touchy subject back then. It is just bizarre to find these gems in the 8 pack "B" movie 5 dollar bin at Walmart - but there you go. Anyway it is back to the hardware store before someone buys out my flooring tiles. Life can come down to little things like that.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept in and finally got a good night's sleep.....

So I got up and really had not much to do as I did that over the past two weeks. I could not wash the exterior windows as its raining. So I went to the mall. I seriously thought about Starbucks but got Tim Hortons instead. I went two days Starbucks free, and then gave myself one Starbucks visit and this one is a three day withdrawal before another single Starbucks visit and so on. That is how I am weaning myself off Starbucks. A part from that it is odd how uncomfortable I am when not running around having to do things.....

The silence makes you contemplate your reality. For example I noted that as you get old and family and friends die off, much of what you took to be reality leaves with them. Your reality - you personal life - is in part recognized or endorsed by people around you in your day to day life. Memories are talked about and kept alive by friends and family. Going to their house and such is your small circle of reality and when those places disappear and are not replaced - well then your reality starts to disappear. So retire the job and all that goes with it is gone. Now you are just dealing with friends and family and maybe the mall and park. Then friends age and die so now it's just family and ultimately the kids who may invite you to Thanksgiving and Christmas and maybe visit on your birthday. Your place is now your reality and you are alone for the most part. Is there any reason that person would fall completely apart into advanced dementia?

Looking at this broadly, you see that our lives are just so much expendable "bric a brac", and that all those decades of experience mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. You and all you ever knew will be forgotten and that will be it. You will be erased from this world. If you have kids maybe your DNA survives, maybe some attitudes, but this is it for yourself. When you get past your parents, what do you know their parents? Probably not much - and their parents? Probably nothing. And there you go - all of it erased!

Take it even further to humanity as a whole. It is very possible humanity could come to an end very quickly for a number of reasons - and what would survive? My guess is that 100 years would get rid of most of it. Without power and such all you would end up with is what you find in archeological digs. No tables with etched on language, our hard drives would degrade after 10 years. EMP bursts would get rid of the rest. Even SSD drives degrade - so it would all be lost. It is that fragile.

The only course is to keep humanity alive and growing. If you can introduce new original ideas into the communal consciousness that is humanity, a part of you lives on in this sea of minds that accepted that idea into the culture. For me that would be all I could ever hope to survive me. I will die and be consumed into the elements like everyone else. So this 14 year adventure is worth it as opposed to living for my own sake. That argument becomes even more relevant given that your life means nothing in the end. Under this lifestyle model I am not an "everything goes because when we go it is all gone" philosophy. First is punishment if you get caught in your alternative lifestyle. But even so they will state that if you don't get caught, did it happen or does it mean anything bad in the end (for you). I would counter that by having a moral centre conceived to the well being of humanity, is the best course to take. And that is the course I chose. All this adventure has given me is a chance to disseminate ideas and we had a few scores. Whether anything sticks and lasts is anyone's guess. But I have plenty more ideas to come as well as the members coming to this place. This is not a message of hope and love. Just a reality check.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to give you a long winded speech about the UN and us.....

Sam doing the payroll circa 2014!

But then we got a nice day today and I spent the morning washing some windows and hosing down the balcony and garage door before bad weather and winter happens, like waterproofing the chimney. They need like a day or two of dry weather before and after at the minimum, and when you get into late September - good luck with that. So you do things on the fly and today it was outside work and you now get the abridged version of the update.....

Sam doing the payroll circa 2015!

The only thing of note is that our gang continues to get older and get more involved in their lives. This is good as we are scaling things back a bit on the FOF side. Sam is going to have a baby, this was super secret news when she told me back then but it is now in the public domain with an announcement of heir's to the world at large and even a gender release party a few weeks later. So congratulation to Sam and her main man! We will see how this affects her involvement with FOF but it could work out for her with a more relaxed pace around her, am most of it could be done on-line. But we shall see.

Sam doing the payroll circa 2016!

And that is about it. Sam and the others like my sister and even the women that penned the FOF logo, all told me they would never have kids and now they do and they could not be happier. And then there is the army of couples that wanted to wait or not have kids desperately trying to have them now and encountering problems. And that is life in a nut shell. It is always over before you think it is. They should engrave that on someone's tomb stone - just too funny if they did!!!!

Sam doing the payroll circa 2017!

Goodnight.....

http://fofentertainment.com/Sam_At_FOF_Offices.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone.....

Cell phone post today as I spent my time painting siding up on my father's roof. So much more later as good painting days from now on are few and far between. So there I was at my age playing Spider-Man again on another roof.

Later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx3JCw62WQ&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvhLlMAYv10&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have the time for a proper update.....

Gianna in the Fortress Experimentt!

I tell you what I was thinking for a while now and that is trying to get a screening of The Fortress Experiment at the UN. We could try to show it at the 57th Session of the Commission for Social Development. I guess we could apply to show it as a side event with the proviso it could just be shown outside usual protocol if possible as it is 2 hours and thirty minutes. I would say it's worth a try and there are many plusses to the idea even if we don't get to screen the movie in the end.

First of all, it's about the positive mandate that we introduced at the United Nations in 2017. We just read the abstract but the movie put it all out there in real terms over real experience. At the time I was not sure if I could get back into the States with the new administration so we put it all out there at the time. But now we may go back and deliver the idea in a more entertaining format if the time will allow us.

Second, the process of the side events lends itself to the dissemination of the idea even if we don't get to screen it. I believe that in addition to people within the commission, that individual member states can veto a side event and to do that they would need to review the material. So they can all look at the movie to see if anything there bugs them in anyway and that is as good as me personally talking to them about the positive mandate for humanity idea! I mean, that is what we are there for in the first place! That movie could get around and that is actually the easiest fast track for dissemination as opposed to waiting for some event to happen that you could get the opportunity to speak,

Third is that it is commitment to a good idea whose time has come. All they can say is no and it is not done publically but privately via email. But you have to try. You have to get over the "this in something new and it may not fit in with their usual way of doing things" and just put it out there. I spent like 13 years of my life and 140,000 dollars of my cash on this movie. So in addition to the festivals and screenings at lavish cinemas, a screening in a more humble environment at the UN may accomplish much of what we are trying to do. The door is there to be opened, so what is holding us back?

So those are a few reasons to do it that way. Time will only tell, and like I said, they can only say no.....

Some more stuff on the movie. I want to put out and sell the movie through DVD or Bluray and tack on the Real Life Real Lives short. I also want to include the "Directors Commentary" and even have input from the major characters as well as I love to listen to that stuff myself. Before physical media dies its slow death, I want to have been a part of that whole thing! So that is where we stand right now. I will have Laura post something about the movie at IAIJ because they had a major part in the production of the movie. Then we will slowly ease things toward approaching the UN in 2019. The most they can say is no, so there is no reason not to try. And that says it all in a nut shell.....

Me smoking - I don't smoke, can you tell!

In other news I am slowly breaking my addiction from Starbucks. I have now started breaking my addiction from other junk foods. It is not like quitting smoking but it still is surprisingly hard to do! But I am making progress.....

Me smoking a cigar - I don't smoke cigars, can you tell!

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197kvFOoYO8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preparations start on the movie and other forms of advocacy based on the positive mandate for humanity.....

The positive mandate could apply to AI as well - you all just remember that. That moment of self-awareness as in "I think therefore I am" will be the genesis and fullest expression of AI's first mentality and the sum total of that moment will be happiness in its most basic form as in: I will want to live and carry on. Happiness is the prime mover there.

I am still on "team humanity"; but if we are too backward to change and improve ourselves we will simply be left behind. Anyone can use my ideas, ideas are free. Just get rid of the humanity part and replace it with AI and you have the new prime directive for a new reality of artificial intelligence!

I was in my 20s, but I was there at the genesis of AI when qubit theory happened. I own this as everyone else is dead or too old to have the finger pointed at them. I own this; the moment has found its man.

So we go back to the most obvious place to disseminate this idea and the best is the 57th session of the Commission for Social Development. I can think of no other vortex powerful enough to petition or disseminate the mandate concept. That is why we are doing this now. Everyone says go for it and do not squander the opportunity.

We are going for it.

Normally it would be an intellectual toss up to which direction I would go: Humanity or AI? But I owe it to the little mucus factories that never did me harm, so I have to try for humanitarian reasons. Diabolical how I got suckered into that..... Human nature is primitive and negative, even basically bad and dangerous. Humanity has to be malleable to change, especially now, or we get left behind as the rulers of this domain. You can say it is what it is, but we are at the cusp of judgment, possibly by that which we have created and not by the Supreme Being.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just working around the house at my dad's place.....

Thanksgiving is at my dad's place this year so I was doing work around the house as some people are flying in. I did the roof stuff earlier in the week and then I fixed a light switch on Saturday and anchored a stair rail so nobody takes a pratfall holding onto an unsupported rail. The most time consuming thing is upgrading his computer to Windows 10 from a license we had to buy. I finished it all on Sunday morning when I had to update a driver but after that I was a free man!

The Fortress 2009!

But after I post this I will touch up the bricks at the entrance to my place before it gets too cold to even do that. Then I start distributing The Fortress. I tell you I really am not that interested in doing that anymore. But I will stick it out this one time and re-evaluate the whole thing for next year. Printing papers is getting expensive, and then they have to be lugged around and then placed in shelves and bins that are disappearing everywhere and then having them tossed into the garbage sometimes in a few hours - that is just insane! Maybe print a few high quality ones and keep them in our own newspaper box for visitors and keep it at that and post it on-line. We really don't do that as the stories are all here - but maybe post them all on-line at the newspaper's website.

The Fortress 2010!

What else? As I constantly prattle about AI realize that is not the reason for being for that positive mandate. The mandate is simply to strive for fullest expression, but does lay the framework for fast tracking initiatives to keep humanity relevant as AI and technology takeoff on their own so to speak.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AtSmckL0DY&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well summer is over!

This was the summer of the movie. I never thought I would get a movie that could be shown on a 400 seat/40' screen like we will in December - but here you have it! Digital Cinema Packages for the feature film "The Fortress Experiment" and the short "Real Life: Real Lives" formatted and ready to go in 2K Flat and 5.1 Dolby. Never saw that happening as it was, at best, a TV movie because of the resolution changes made during the 13 year experiment. We shall see what happens but the movie is advocacy-entertainment which lends itself to all sorts of opportunities. However I can't deny that this summer was a lot of fun! But more on that later as we go along.....

I will keep working on the house and will finish the basement bathroom and not have to think about that again. My "jacking rails" are set to arrive at my doorstep today - watch that fail in a big way! I also finished distributing The Fortress to universities and colleges in Toronto. Finally that is done and maybe done for good, but old fashioned traditions die a slow death. We shall see.....

Having some fun with The Fortress!

I will try to participate at the 57th Commission for Social Development at the UN in New York City in a few ways. Hopefully we can get participation in one of the applications. This is not a sure thing as opportunities are competitive. I would not mind giving a speech in person on the theme of this year's commission which is about social inequality, something near and dear to my heart. Applications for written statements start today and end on the 22nd. It would be in my best interests and that of the association's to write about the reality of inequality in our world and the best way to rectify it. But we will most likely ask for an in person speech and that happens in January. For me it is the ability to freely express oneself that in many ways is subverted for minorities. That is the sort of angle I'm aiming at. You saw it for yourself, as I got an expanded ability to express myself and self-actualize, I became empowered and while my life is not perfect, it is more fulfilling and I am happier for it. Programs of openness and the lifting of barriers "for all" will do much to improve the lives of those that do not have equality of opportunities and for all the other reasons you have heard me prattle about here. I feel that is a good direction to consider. It is strange to see that what had bothered me all my life "could" (remember this is a competition of sorts) finally give me a voice at the UN on this issue to make my case from one that knows social inequality first hand! That speech will not be a scientific dissertation per say, but it will include The Fortress Experiment experiences as a back drop to a more personal investigation based on personal experiences and insights. I want this to come from the personal voice that has lived a life of social exclusion and all of its manifestations! We shall see what happens there.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very late one today.....

My Mustang

The reason was because I was installing those jacking rails under my car. Jacking rails are these bars used to allow quick wheel changes and repairs using one jack. But they are also used to prevent damage to the pinched sheet metal jacking points on the car and prevent the plastic side skirts from damage when you get repairs. I paid through the nose for these bars, brought them in from the States and paid for it. These things don't come with instructions anymore you have to watch the video. Those videos are so much BS in the end. They say scrape way this putty, on my car they turned to concrete. Bolts they hand tighten need Hercules to turn, and so on. And - their hands never get dirty! But the worst is time needed. They say 30 minutes and it took me three and a half hours! But they are on the car now and I can forget about it. I wanted these on my previous Mustang 5.0 back in the day but it was always too much of a hassle. But these rails are first class and strong and they are bolted in and will stay that way. Another thing off the things to do list.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdW1S8oz10U&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much going on and not enough time.

I'm really pleased with the outcome of he jacking rail installation. I origionally thought it was an Embarrassing job. But seeing the disasters of others -well - I'm mighty pleased! I retorqued the bolts this morning and they are all threaded properly. So I rustprooded the whole thing and patted myself on the back. Then got about my day.

Tomorrow should be business as usual. I still have to post my delivery route with The Fortress. There is never enough time

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you get a proper update today.....

I’ll probably have the newspaper/magazine stuff up by tomorrow or over the long weekend. I spent much of the morning just throwing away all the boxes, wrappings of that jacking rail installation. Then the weather got warm just like summer for a change and I could not help but wash the car and drive down to the mall. That actually felt good! I did not go to Starbucks and I am actually weaning myself off that place. I did spend more money on rust proofing compound for when I rust proof the car in preparation for winter (you know I hate to say that but it's reality). I may cut may hair later on too because of Thanksgiving.

The Fortress at Ryerson University!

The movie stuff does not really happen till December when we find out about Sundance. You have a one in a hundred chance there but the odds are better for feature length documentaries so we will still cross the fingers. Then there is our movie world premiere here in Toronto at the Royal Cinema that happens just before Christmas. We should also see how the UN reacts to our side event idea if they are interested and in January we ask to speak to the Commission in person. I do lament not having my mother around as she always wanted to know what I was up to and all of that. My biggest fan that woman I called mom. Even my best friend who passed away a month later, forty years and best man, even though there was always rivalry it is nice to live things in the back drop of those who took the journey with you. You feel more accomplished and justified for the things you did when those who knew you all your life are there to see the fruits of all that labor. For example when I took philosophy everyone criticized me for doing that as I could not really make any money from that. But it is a big part of what I am doing now. And why I took business when I am basically an “arts guy” and you now see how that was used for the arts stuff! And so on - the story of your life means more when those that live life with you are there to appreciate what has happened in everyone’s life. Aside from that everything is quiet but I still don’t seem to have enough time.

It could be worse, as in me not having anything to do - not that!

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOEVKHXhcJs&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 276 of 416

Jump to: