Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now going to have to force myself to watch these shows and lock them down.

The submission contract with One Three Media now called United Artists Media Group/MGM

In an effort this large there is always something you can change and something you can do to improve the shows. But we have to get moving and start the disgusting activity called knocking on doors and getting rejected. Like producing the music, the best part is creating the thing and the worst is promoting it. But right now I have to start watching the shows and locking the structure down and just making sure the audio is correct and that the slates are updated. I will start with the slates as color bars and such on a DVD are so not necessary, but the slate and the typical 10 second black gives them the information even if the disc has no label and it shows the ones in the know that we know what we are doing broadcast wise.

I’ll start with AAVRY KANPP today and maybe watch another and make the QuickTime files when I go to bed so they should be ready when I get up. I don’t like letting the computer work for hours on end when I am not home just in case we have a lighting storm and the computer gets fired. That’s a nightmare I don’t’ need so we will do it this way. So we will burn the DVDs now post haste and just make changes if they really are necessary and just keep going and let the others review. Then update the series bible and start knocking on doors.

It’s the height of summer and perfect for rejection. Going in there with others takes the sting out if it as you watch them take it for the first time. So this is the perfect time to do it. The series is as watchable as it can be so we may get somewhere this time. Also, I will leave the quickie audio tie in for the time being. The lineup could change and such. The tie in will be one of the last things to add before the official DVD is burned. Anyway that is the plan now.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making DVDs as I type this…..

The first shot was at the “good” or “better” setting and now I am trying the “best” setting and see if the DVD burner can handle that size as it is the size of the file that is the limiting factor. But any of the DVDs made today will be handed out so the process, the final process, is already under way.

What else?

Out with the old and in with the new - but check the new tires on the Roadmaster!

The first car payment has gone through. I tried to avoid car payments as it takes away from money for the orgs but the old car repairs were getting too expensive. Repairs alone were like 900 for last month if I went ahead with the repairs, 200 for brakes the month before, 400 for the starter the month before that and 400 for two new tires before that as the front suspension wears them out in under two years and nobody now knows how to shim the wheel. Those repairs alone pay for half a year of new car and the gas savings alone pay for the higher insurance. There just was no point continuing down the Roadmaster road anymore.

I was paying through the nose for a car that had an unfixable misfire that made it one of the slowest cars on the road, gas just spewed into the engine and you could smell it outside just pouring from the exhaust pipes. No AC, no decent modern radio but it had a cassette deck! One of the rear widows would not go down on its tracks. The steering was sloppy and the wheel was at a 45 degree offset now. It constantly leaked oil and I would drill a hole in the oil filler cap to relieve pressure on the crankcase as the crankcase ventilation tubes were probably plugged and that helped but spewed engine gas into the interior if you had the fan on. I didn’t use the thing to carry other people anymore but used my Dad’s Buick Enclave instead.

There is more:

Passenger door would not unlock with the key anymore, and the glass part of the tail gate would not stay up and you had to use a stick or vice grips to keep it up. The passenger rear seatbelt was not anchored to anything anymore but the rust was taken care of so no exhaust from entering from the wheel well, rather they entered from the front heater vents. So in my car I could adjust the temperature of the exhaust fumes you breathed in, but no air conditioned exhaust fumes as that didn’t work. My heated seats no longer worked. The rear view mirror fell off but surprisingly I glued it back on and it stayed on! I was starting to smell radiator fluid in the vents which meant imminent heater core failure. And the transmission was starting to go…..

There is more but you get the idea. Time for a new car. Keeping that thing would only get worse and leave you stranded more times. It was getting embarrassing driving the thing. It was too slow now and you avoided going down major streets where you would have to stop and start going up a hill. Yes: I had to choose alternative routes to make up for the three cylinder performance of a car that drank gas just like a Bentley?

So am I happy driving the Mustang? Yes, Yes, Yes….. But the car did have its upside. You were the only one driving it. I constantly see people in Mustangs like mine now but that Roadmaster was unique. It was getting interesting. A conversation piece and future collectible in about six more years. But I had to let it go. The car is still at Canadian Tire where I sold it. It get driven into the garage and taken out regularly like the guy made it a project of his and works on it on his break or lunch. Fair enough – I don’t feel bad handing him a car that needs so much work. In return he will get a unique car and one of the fastest cars on the street (with that Corvette motor) if he can get it in tune. A real gear head’s project!

So I have my new ride and have no regrets. Like I said, a car is an emotional purchase for many of us. Get the car you want and not the car that makes sense. Environmentalists will tell you cars make no sense so play that to the hilt and get what you want, get what turns you on…..

Cars and car enthusiasts – The whole thing makes no sense…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am burning DVDs again as the last time the DVD program got hung up on the first file. So I tried again and it hung up at the same point. I tried with the larger “best” quality file in 16X9 SD and so far so good. So first thing will be to record the audio intros for the shows that showcase individuals and then place the video and graphics and then plop the intro into the timeline and trim for time. Then just review and burn and that is it – Off to the broadcasters and a whole world of hurt…..

I’m still with the new car buzz. When will this thing go away? But it is dissipating. Anyway, love the car and I love the suspension and steering (I am not putting my foot into the motor yet - everything is perfect so far and I won't do anything stupid - this is the best foundation I ever had). With the lighter aluminum V6 I can corner flat out and neutral for the first time in my life! The only worry is that Ford now makes the hood and front fenders out of aluminum. Like the independent rear, aluminum body panels were the stuff of expensive sports cars when I was a kid so it is totally rad to have some of it in my car – but the early cars had paint adhesion problems. We shall see but at least I knew about this going in.

Anyway I was thinking of my first car. A green Mercury Grand Marquis, when green was not an “in” color. Nevertheless buying that car, that first car, was a great day for me! I drove back home with my dad following behind me (probably in case something fell off…..Hehehe…..) And the car was mine and I loved it even if it was this large stodgy four door sedan. I actually slept in the car the first night I believe. Anyway the car had one problem and that was the carburetor – a variable venturi carburetor – not one of Ford’s better ideas. The car was dog slow and would slow down climbing hills on the highways, sort of like the Roadmaster but for different reasons. That was when I found out about that bizarre carburetor and what a dog it was. But that carburetor is what turned me into a gear head and hot rodder extraordinaire. With really no knowledge I decided to rip the thing out of the engine and replace it. I found a good replacement carb and did all the work making it fit the engine that was made for a completely different carburetor. I replaced lines and learned how to bend tubing and stretch the ends for a good fit and all the rest. I was shocked when the engine sputtered to life – it ran like shit – but it ran! Then you learn about changing the timing and adjusting the flow of gas and the vacuum and all the rest. It was this totally absorbing crash course in hot rodding. By the end the thing ran reasonable well and I took it on the freeway and – KING OF THE ROAD! I could beat almost anything – what a rush! I let my dad take it for a test drive and by chance we came beside this Volvo Turbo station wagon at the light. He muttered something about those guys always thinking they were “king shit” or something like that. The light changed and dear old dad nailed the hammer to the floor and kept it there. I swear to God that car took off like a rocket and I thought he was going to burst the engine as I had the timing on the ragged edge and you could hear it. Man was I super pissed off with him. But he did blow the doors off that guy – and then some…..

After that I was hooked on speed. When I decided to replace the car I wanted to get this motorcycle that was the fastest thing on wheels I could get. But the bike guys at the store that knew me for a couple of years from work got serious and told me I would be dead within a week if I bought the thing (I had to look it up but I am pretty sure it was the - 1987 Yamaha FZR1000 - the fastest street bike in the world at the time/0-60 in the high 2 second range and top speed over 170 miles per hour). So I took their advice and bought a 5.0 Mustang and drove two of those for the next 18 years. So that was the back story. I won’t go into any of the street racing. Not saying I did any of that. As Shane says: “There are something’s I did do and some things I didn’t – that is just between me and God…..”

When I watch car movies the best parts are not the ones you think they would be. For example the best part in the first Fast and Furious movie was the one where they finally got that orange Supra finished and took it for a test drive (I like that the chick in the movie actually dressed up for the occasion in the garage – yes, it is sort of like that!). Not even the race with the Ferrari has the impact of that first moment when you take it out there. Just finishing it and getting it on the road and the thing roaring to life and going fast! That is the ultimate; all that hard work and there you are! THAT IS THE ULTIMATE RUSH!

Wow the DVD with the larger file finished burning and is here beside me. Well this weekend is starting off on the right foot!

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5W9Bd_q9gk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it took long enough but all the episode connecting intros are recorded and in the editor. I will add them in as I go along and then burn the DVDs from there and move on to the next one. That is the plan. This is way more work than I thought and I will never do this again!

Life gets complicated and time gets to be an actual commodity as you now have less of it. That car business took time way from the shows and continues to do so. I haven’t been exercising like I usually did and that shows also. Anyway I worked the exercise in with the car stuff so when I take a break from the TV stuff I drive to some car park and walk around looking at cars and do both that way. That frees up some time.

Having said all that I am becoming increasingly aware that time is running out on me. As the Rolling Stones song does not say “Time is not on my side!” In reality I have just a few years to get all this done. So it seems the experiment and advocacy have all come together for this one final life’s play for yours truly. Then it will all end quickly - For me at least. If I do it properly there will be succession and continuation of the advocacy and the side organizations dedicated to creativity and expression of all forms. But sooner or later I will be just a crooked photo on the wall of the head office with “Our Founder” on a stick on plague beneath it. Well I guess it could be worse…..

What else? If you are wondering what was the lure of me wanting to get the world’s fastest motorbike back in the day; it was the fact it was the fastest thing on wheels a regular human could get. That was the lure. There are videos of people driving the bike to the limits. That was thirty years ago and most of the fastest bikes today stay in the same speed range. There are some that go past that 175 limit but those you literally can count on the palm of one hand. Apparently, like with the cars, 175 is about all us mortals can be trusted with. And there is the proof – thirty years and the same performance. The humans are the limiting factor…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzMyFhT4bd4&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am down to burning the AAVRY KNAPP show and handing that out for review…..

The process is taking longer than I thought with that show taking all of yesterday to tidy up. Things like transitions had to be adjusted to the dark grey background while before it was black. I had to add the segment which ties it to the series and delete another not too important segment which made the show shorter and then had to add some clips to get it to the proper length. More work than I thought.

My editor. I may just plop a hard drive in that white hard drive bay by the screen and be done with it if I can't get a cheap multi-bay enclosure!

But right now I have to go out and get another hard drive and enclosure and start to copy the last drive in full and then start on a new drive. Two copies of each and the original tapes as backups. Then the full rez files of the shows and all the rest. This project has taken too long and too much effort for something stupid to happen now. The shows are now much, much better and I have finally put that bug-a-boo about the old SD stuff to bed at last. AAVRY KNAPP had the most and looks ok on that HD back ground we time shift on. So I have been dealt back into the TV land machine – Lucky me!

I could go on a bit more but I have to get things done so:

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I started copying the files from our latest video drive onto a new drive and it is still going. This will take a full 24 hours so no work on the editor today. Instead I get to do other things. First is pay bills and renew domains. Then get the bank statements for all corporations as I have to do them now. And that is 6 T2 corporate returns….. The house needs cleaning and I have to finish renovation work that has been going on since I got the house 26 years ago. I’ve been waffling on this as I figured I would probably end up retiring to my dad’s place in the end so why bother. But you may still have to sell the thing so it should look a bit more presentable and that is the argument for doing it I guess.

While we are doing something close to nothing today why not update the car business. Well things are finally getting back to normal. The car is a car now. One interesting thing though, as I was wandering the dealer lots on the weekend. I came upon a relatively new Mustang GT, black on black, with blacked out everything! My kind of car! It looked new so why was it parked in the back lot like the dealer wanted nobody to notice it? Well the first clue was the mud and snow tires – brand new – on the car, well maybe it wasn’t brand new but usually they switch tires late November, so why now? The car looked new but wait! Scuff marks on the side rear bumper that extend but end where it mates to the ¾ panel. And more scuff marks on the plastic front bumper that are alongside the fender? Then it dawns on you that this car was probably spun out and smashed and rebuilt and then traded into the dealer for another car. The driver was so “spooked" losing control with the performance tires he just put on the mud and snows until he could off load the car and get something else. The reason it is hidden by the garage with no sale signs on it is because the dealer wants no part of this car (bad for business) and will shuffle it off to some second tier used car lot instead.

I finally found some digital photos of my old Mustang. These are the early days of digital cameras and was the best we had back then!

The legendary 5.0!

I mean think about it. When I totaled the 5.0 Mustang with the Goodyear Gatorbacks the first thing I did with the new car (a loaded 5.0 Mustang - got lucky with "Accident Forgiveness") was put Pirelli snow tires on it! Funny thing is this car also had Pirelli M+S tires as well- Hahahahaha….. Well that car had me rethinking my actual purchase and whether I should have bought a used 5.0 and now my rule of never buying a sports car used has been confirmed!

A few minutes later I was at a Chevy dealer looking at about 25 new Corvettes and talked with this guy about them. We did talk about tires and he said many of the guys that buy the Corvettes new change the tires immediately because of the “life threatening” handling in rain. Same deal and same story. All that talk about lateral Gs nobody goes close to and crisp turn in nobody every tries on a city streets and the buck board suspension to attain all this performance you will never use, is just car magazines feeding a dream to move (sell) the cars. A dream you won’t take advantage of. With the performance pack you won’t explore the limits of the car's handling abilities – but you will explore the limits of the coffee containing ability in your cup and what it takes to spill it all over your passenger or your car seat or floor! There you are with your girl driving away from Starbucks with her lapping up the whip cream on her tall mocha. Then – oopps – bump and tall mocha with whip cream all over her blouse and skirt! Yes the evening will go well for you (Not)….. Anyway, you get the idea. Performance Pack: A nice place to visit but you don’t want to live there! Do what I did and live with the base performance suspension which is still a bit harder than it has to be, but Ford is aiming for the Euro drivers now. At least all season tires so when it rains you can still live to tell the tale. Or as some have said with regard to track tires on new sports cars: “April showers bring panic – not May flowers!”

What else while on this rant about cars.

Well, realize the car biz is set to “upsell” you all the time until all your disposable money is gone. I needed to stretch from Hyundai Elantra but only to the cheapest sports car on earth which was the Mustang (V6 version) I wanted at that price point anyway. But you still feel the lure to move up to a V8 and all. But it is a sham and a scam. The V6 is gone now, but back in the day people would say: Why did buy the 6? Everyone knows the only true Mustang has an 8 in it!” So you move up to a V8 and then they say: “Why did you get it with an automatic – real men drive the stick!” So you get the GT with the stick and they say: “If you’re going GT why didn’t you (you girlie boy) get the Performance Pack with the larger brakes and (that abomination of) stiffer suspension!” So you get the GT with the V8, stick and Performance Pack and they say: “You can spend as much as you can; but it will still never be a Mustang GT500 or Shelby Cobra!” Get the idea! And they all say it; even the guys driving seven year old Honda Accords….. So I am happy I did what I did and the way I did it. The new Mustang really is now a sports car. The suspension is a real sports car suspension (had a look at it last night) and it sits way lower to the ground. I noticed that the first time I got in. It’s not the same car as the old 5.0 V8 I drove for 18 years. Much more of a European sports car like feel, if can use the term.

But all that baggage that goes along with Mustang ownership just falls off an old guy like me like water off a duck. I am not driving a Hyundai Elantra but a car that makes me feel good. The acid test for one guy was: “Do you walk away from the car and then look back and smile? If not then you bought the wrong car!” True, so true…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgxbQjgVbM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is a makeup day for editing…..

The cops are all over the place with radar guns so I will cool it a bit with just taking the car for a drive for the time being. For example, this one guy was bugging me for a drag race but I couldn’t be bothered, anyway he was driving nothing special. So he just tooled up the road a bit. Then I saw him change lanes and just change lanes again! Coming close I see a cop in the middle of the road with this white hand-held radar gun (or whatever they call the laser guns now for speed enforcement) motioning to the guy and then sticking his head in the window and talking to him. Then the cop just lets him go! What up with that? I tried to get next to him deliberately to ask him what went down but the guy always stayed out of reach. Anyway the prevailing consensus is that he was another cop and he just flashed his badge and was let off. But this then is so all wrong in so many ways! One guy said maybe he was baiting you to drive at speed to this other guy’s trap, but "no" as we drove together from a couple of streets back. But it goes to show you that cops are regular people too, even if they are gear heads in hiding…..

So I’m staying to known streets where I know where the fuzz hides out…..

On the editor I will make the show tie in intros for all shows and then just work on them one at a time and just close the editing out. We may uprez the SD stuff but that is at the end in preparation for TV play at their standards and time length. For now we just keep handing out DVDs and making necessary changes. We may or may not be getting new blood in the orgs as I need some help especially when things ramp up in September. As usual everyone is in university or twenty-something and like that. Everyone is way younger than me except for the Board of Directors. But that is cool. I never had a family so being Daddy for a couple of hundred university kids and such is probably a good experience. But I am so wrong for a real traditional dad. So wrong on all counts! Maybe becoming a father changes you as the responsibility hits you and all that. Maybe I just dodged that bullet and never matured in the way fathers must. Who knows, but I would be the strangest dad raising kids with all that I do now. Of course the obvious repartee’ to that would be that you would never have started this experiment if you become a father. Probably true, but what if I became a father now? Not outside the realm of possibility, so what kind of father would I be. I don’t even want to think about it….. But instead I am father to all these kids just starting to venture out into the world. For the ones really close to the experiment they end up coming to you when they get in trouble. I guess that is the acid test for fatherhood. Not there until they get into trouble – as in any kind of trouble and you are supposed to help because you are the daddy….. I asked about that experience to other fathers my age and they told me that was how it was. Especially when they need money and are in a bind. This is not even an isolated thing. Sooner or later they all come “hat in hand” when or if they no longer or never had a real father and I am sort of the surrogate one now. The real fathers just laugh at my experience and tell me that it starts to add up, especially from the girls. But we have been at it for so long, and there is considerable history now having watched them all grow up. You are sort of their father now especially when they were orphans of sorts. And mostly you are the only one they can go to that is a softy and will bail them out of whatever mess they got themselves into. So in a crazy way you are a father whether you wanted the job or not. So I guess that is fatherhood at my age. Anyway I would be the most bizarre father if that were to happen…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnK85RoXF6o&feature=share

(NSFW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3HEBbdZZY&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well half of the shows are done with transitions but that really only means two are done as the first and last don’t need it. But I did get the FOFSTOCK tie in intro done yesterday. Probably another today and we just keep going. Man is it lonely. I know – its summer and all but why am I the only one trying to help steer humanity in a better direction? Most people just abide by the way things are and even live badly without looking for a way to change it. My best friend was like that. We grew up together in that oppressive environment. He was Chinese but like me born in Canada, and interestingly the color of skin did not matter as we were treated the same way and ended up mentally twisted by the experience in the same way. He wasn’t the only one and the whole lot of us ended up the same way, isolated and with no marriage and kids. At least I made it to the marriage part but look how that worked out! He’s dead now but the whole life story was a tragedy as it did not have to be that way.

The thing that seems to have made me different from those others and yes “those others” as there are more, even in my circle, but whatever. The difference seems to be that I tried to rationalize the reasons for all of that. That was the “why” of all that philosophy and psychology I took in university. But that was only geared toward understanding. That didn’t take care of the harder path which is changing that society and making it better. To do that you needed much more and I was lucky or fortunate to have sought out a different perspective from the fringe elements or communities of society. Like I have said ad nausea in the past, it was these fringe elements and the people that inhabited them that really changed my life. And they were all white people - literally! No religion or any of that, but a mindset and philosophy and political stance that was unpopular to the mainstream. Anyway I grew up like them as a prairie boy in the mid-west; a reddish brown redneck if you like. Anyway it was the co-called racist redneck extreme right that took me in and treated me as one of their own. I was literally the kid with red hair in this group. My skin color didn’t’ seem to matter but what was going on in my head did matter – to them. It was just bizarre, they really wanted me in with them and they even told me so. Now that was qualified as they basically told me and from the leadership folk too that I was the only black guy they had any consideration for. Told me this time and time again but while true it was told in a very accepting forgiving way. It was they who showed me the way society works and how to make changes.

It was the most bizarre thing. Like Denzel Washington as a young Malcolm X (in the movie of the same name) having is eyes opened to his plight by another black man in prison; except for me it was these far right white red-necked folk taking me under their wing and showing me how society did me wrong in almost the same way as it happened for Malcolm X in prison. Just totally bizarre and backasswards according to how the politically correct mavens of western society would have you believe. Anyway I am a devout centrist, I have my own mind and my own thoughts and operate from a moral imperative and aspects of philosophy that are truly inclusive for all for all the right reasons – just don’t prejudge, which was my core problem in society from the start…..

By being on the periphery with these fringe group people, you look at society from the outside and you are no longer imprisoned within their metal constructs and their axioms and postulates that form the foundation of that society. If you want to evaluate a society and by extrapolation – humanity – you have to take your perspective outside the norms and look at it as an outsider. Then you have a true unbiased platform to evaluate and make changes. You also have to be smart and usually smarter than anyone you ever met in your life; if not then you can’t have the audacity, the confidence, the sureness; to make the plays I am making at the international level, because someone else in the world has more ability than you to do it – and it should be left to them…..

Me at that side event this past February at the Untied Nations.

In the end if you have these types of life experiences you can make the plays I am making now. My ultimate goals on our first TV show, in the end, were ridiculously easy to attain – and yet at the time I considered them to be unattainable goals to keep me with something to strive for. We met those goals quickly and I quipped on this forum that I keep running out of goals and need new ones. So now my play is to enact a formal declaration of the mandate society as a whole should take.

That is the play now…..

That the freest expression of humanity’s mental and physical abilities is the core idea and direction of humanity as a whole. And I have already started that process from this past February at the side event at the Untied Nations. There is probably a small army of people like me with similar backgrounds all trying to do the same thing, to impose their will to help make the world better. But as I say that, the reality right here in my mind is that it is a much smaller group then you would rationalize. I have to make the play. There is a procedure to do it. And this cheesy series of programming is the experiment in a nut shell. It all works together. I can’t’ control if the material gets on the air. But I can control how it is used for that major positive mandate for humanity idea I am pushing on the international stage. So after all that life experience with everything set against me, that is the play I am making now!

Who would have ever thought?

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiK5z3pbXgI&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week will be this omnibus week for me. Six corporate tax returns and the finishing and finalizing of the TV shows. You will hear me prattle about that for the next few days – so enough of that for the time being.

The car itch as really dissipated and I am now looking at how to live with this car. Knock on wood, but so far nothing out of the ordinary. I like this car especially since I had not much of a choice but the stretch was worth it. Remember when I droned on about how the car business always tries to upsell you – well here is an interesting tidbit. At the top of the Mustang food chain currently is the GT350 and possible for 2018 the GT500. But for those that bought a 2016 GT350 there is a class action lawsuit about these so-call “track ready” cars going into “limp-mode” on said track when the engine/transmission/differential temperatures rise into the yellow zone. The reason for this is that the cars are not fitted with oil coolers of any kind. Even my old Roadmaster had an engine oil cooler and tranny cooler. For a 65,000 sports car designed for ultimate performance this is rather inexcusable. But the cooler does come with the performance pack (for the "no holds barred" ultimate performance Mustang – hahahahaha…..). Anyway the 2017 GT350 Mustangs came with the coolers standard after all the bitching but Ford won’t retrofit the coolers on the older 2016 cars. So the V6-V8-V8-stick-V8-stick plus perf/pack-GT350-GT350-Perf/Pack upsell. Even if you buy the best and fastest Mustang you have to add options to make it work as intended – what up with that? And the kicker here is that you basically must get that performance package or your car is just a boulevard cruiser only.

Don’t play that game. And I show you this as people lust over the fantasy of having those cars but the reality is finicky cars that blowup for no reason and go limp on the track apparently…..

On an even more macabre vein in the Mustang scene is Ford making more and better sounding engine noise and piping it through the speakers of the four cylinder cars. The V8 and now defunct V6 all produce nice sounds when you hammer the throttle but the four always had the “fart-can” sound. Ford claim that the extra sound that comes out of the speakers augments the actual sound but in an interview with Dave Perciak (Mustang Chief Engineer) He is quoted as saying:

“Today’s V6 sounds fantastic, and although the Ecoboost won’t sound like a V8, it won’t sound like it doesn’t belong in a Mustang either.”

Really! Your adding – or – augmenting V6 sound through the speakers to make the four cylinder sound better! That is just the biggest of perversions and a lie in the experience of driving the Mustang. As I see it if you wanted to hear a V6 you should have bought one! But - Oh – they don’t sell it as of 2018! This apparently is how Ford takes care of the loss of the six – play it as engine noise in the four….. The whole Ecoboost thing just stinks to high hell in so many ways! To be fair BMW goes even further and just plays canned engine noise on its turbo models through the speakers and Nissan seems to be starting this also. I have an idea! How about we just have slow driving driverless cars and the passengers just wear a virtual reality headset and just see and hear a virtual trip in a Ferrari and just be done with it! Man, this marketing crapolla just incenses me! When I see real people drive the Ecoboost Mustang hard their 0-100km times are like 6.9 seconds but for 2018 the marketing department says less than 5 seconds now with only a boost in torque and no change in horsepower – yea right….. Nothing but rainbows and unicorns over there…..

Rant over…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKRPr40YOg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I’ve got till the Tuesday after next Tuesday to finish the shows and series bible and then just see where the series ends up!

It may end up nowhere but I think probabilities say somewhere in the broadcast world but just don’t think it will be the 9:00pm slot on AMC or CBS. But all that will sort itself out eventually. For now it is just finishing the shows up as best we can and get it to the stage where I can contact broadcasters and send it out…..

In between all that I have to finish six corporate tax returns and the rest of the time is working on the house. I have to get used to doing all the IAIJ-FOF stuff and still living my life. The first shock was the car business. I figure I could get one more year but the Roadmaster just died on me. Like family members and close friends they just die when they die and you just have to deal with it. So I am paying for the car which probably makes it bit more of a dent in the cash available for the orgs but this was a reality I knew I had to face eventually. The Hyundai Elantra was the car best suited to have the least impact on resources but my heart wanted something with balls in the engine bay so I stretched for the Mustang and so far so good…..

But I put off the home renos and that has to be done. I am getting old and the clock is ticking. I have a chance at doing some big things and so you just go for it. To shirk and prepare for retirement is the fool’s direction and decision. You only live once and you are in the driver’s seat at this stage in your life, you are in with all the players, the movers and shakers; even if you don’t have the money and everything else in the background behind you. I have met some of these well known people, and they surprisingly are just like me. Aging, making mistakes with vocabulary, same suits and even bad breath….. They are just like me and then the myth that the people in charge are somewhat different for us is blown up. When that happens you make your play as you are no better and no worse than the rest of them…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Saturday night by myself…..

Another Saturday night alone that is. I just finished snacking on a greasy chicken dinner along with a garden salad and I thought about going to the bar down the street and having a beer! By that I mean one beer, but if you think I am going to knock down 12 then go ahead as it makes me feel more manly than a guy who goes home and sleeps off one beer. But that is my night. I did do more work on the shows and two should be done tomorrow with the final two for Monday. This thing seems to be finishing up fast – How about that!

I am also watching “Million Dollar Baby” which is a Clint Eastwood film. Why can’t my shows look like this movie? But whatever –if I do anything more tonight is will be to get some documents ready for one of my gang that got themselves in some trouble. And it is not one of the usual suspects so you can stop right there. No this one was unexpected. I knew something was up when I got a direct phone call. With this one it is usually a text. But like I said I always wanted to know what it was like to be a father figure, and when the first thing they do is come running to you when they get in serious trouble, then I guess you are the daddy after all. So I sort of asked for this so I’m not bitching; just venting.

What else?

If you find me a motor mouth in real life then know that comes from loneliness. People that live isolated lives talk nonstop when they get an audience. And I am one of the worst….. And as for the car I am calling it: There is no more street racing scene in Toronto. At least nothing like how it was in the late eighties and early nineties. It’s a good thing you rarely see any 5.0s or other high zoot models of the traditional muscle cars – why – because you never get to use the performance anymore. People are just too afraid to get tickets or face street racing charges. All I ever see is guys with performance cars pulled over getting a ticket. Happened on a side street this week, as I passed one guy on a weekday morning. Your first reaction is “better you than me brother…..” But you know if you slip up you’re next! So I stay to known streets and play it safe. Insurance even at my age can rival the car payments! So like the same forces that ended the original muscle car era, the same seems to be happening today.

Finally: You have seen me rant about the threat of artificial intelligence and Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk have had at it before with Mark always being more skeptical over the threat. That said Facebook just shut down some language AIs as they began to communicate using their own language. I said over and over again that we need more regulatory oversight on development of AI. We are already committed to participating at international forums with regard to this issue and it may be that we should openly use our influence and status to start these discussions at the international level if others are not willing to do so. Yes we at IAIJ have that ability. Man; this rant got serious in a hurry…..

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really late update today – but stuff is happening…..

The AAVRY KNAPP show seems to get good reviews so I will leave that one alone and move on. The best part is that nobody seems to know or bitch about the SD and HD formatting on that grey HD palate thing I devised. Good news by absence of notice! That is the best part so far!

The first show is another matter with big changes already made. My gang has echoed the lady from TVO and Dan’s segment of trying to get the lines right is mostly replaced with Michael singing that impromptu song. That cheesy video is gone. Even with an explanation that Dalila was a club designer showcasing her designs had no impact but a negative one especially with women. So it is gone and replaced with early footage of me talking about the newspaper and then an interview with Shane who also reinforces those organizational goals as he actually got the idea back in his first interview. Later today I will vocal another segment about the launches of the websites, the first book with our war cry and philosophy embedded in it, then our fist radio ad by Emily, and the beginnings of the press association with release of our fist press ID card. All this happened in like one year so the idea is cut up and quicken the segment on making or shooting the TV show and get this stuff in there to show how fast things happened and the early zest to access all forms of the mass media and our success in doing so! That is the task today.

My experience with broadcasters so far is that they watch the first show always, so that one I am going to lavish the most work on. It has to ROCK! Anyway that is the plan…..

The other strange part to today is the realization that even with all the upcoming trouble with the family and parents getting older all of that. With all of that coming up – I am still – best qualified to do what I want to do on the international stage. I would if I could but I can’t find anyone better than me to make this play. Can’t find anyone with more ability – and this is not arrogance – as I would love to confidently hand that responsibility – that huge responsibility – off onto someone who is genuinely better than me. Can’t find anyone strategically positioned like I am to make the play with access to that international arena where change can happen. Sure when I first arrived at the UN and introduced myself the delegates around the world roasted me alive, but I got over that and know how to operate there and not be intimidated - but what an introduction!!!!! Can’t find anyone with the financial resources to carry this whole thing through. In short it is all on me. Like that Billy Joel song “Pressure” There is no going back, it’s the bottom of the ninth with two out and three on base and its all on you. You are under pressure and no way out and you have to hit that home run! And strangely, I’m not scared but actually up for it…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyv905Q2omU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another late and quick one today…..

The first show is completely revamped and should be good to go later today. Then Shane and Michael’s shows should be good to go later tonight. That is five shows if that happens. Then Don’s show with just one insert added and that is the Christmas bio and playing of one of Don’s songs at 9:00am on oldies 740! We did not buy that slot it was totally straight radio play for one of our own. Aside from our show Don appeared after our show in a competition called senior Stars and was one of the finalists. No paid programming there for Don. I won’t go near that stuff but the AM740 stuff I think is OK so in it goes.

As for the car it is a sports car after all. I have seen enough Youtube videos of them take Cyclone V6 engine Mustangs 2011 up to over 150mph that it is legitimately a 150+ car (and if you make one of these top speed videos don't play the radio - every video has some goof's music playing! And - no Woohoo at the end even if you almost touched 160mph in a V6 Mustang that Ford now says a gerbil running backward is faster - but I digress). Most top out about 155-157 which is the same as the V6 Camaro when it came out and the Stang is faster than that. The fastest – for real – stock V6 with the limiter removed was a proven gps run at 162 but that one is rare, but verified. So all my old definitions of a sports car were met. 150+ top speed, 2 seat or coupe, aluminum body panels, independent rear suspension and four wheel disc brakes. That is from like 40 years ago and my dream has come true with a V6 Mustang of all things. Karma is a bitch but I asked for it and I got it. Getting what you dreamt about is always never exactly how you thought it would be. I know that for a fact – over and over again.

But yes: I finally got my sports car…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtJb61hpvo&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve-a7ML9MRA&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far for Wednesday I had to pick up some family vacationing over here for a few weeks – at the airport – so this day got delayed a bit.

Then I fell asleep for three hours back at my place. But the shows are almost all done and another hour or two and that should be it. Then we watch it again and again. But I am going to have another look at the Free Press Show as that is now the one hurting the most. But first things first and that is finish getting the tie-in segments down and trim for time.

We are also getting long in the tooth about the “sort of” new car now. I keep looking for 5.0 mustangs but nobody seems to be buying them in Toronto. Toronto has some of the highest insurance rates anywhere and that may be part of it. But that won’t keep people from slagging the fact that whatever Mustang you have, it isn’t a Mustang if it does not have a V8. Even if Ford keeps telling us the four cylinder motor is every bit a Mustang. Marketing – I don’t know – In 2011 that V6 I have was the new darling of the pony car world. It beat everyone in its class and was a real 13 second car unlike all the other V6s. This car was actually faster than the V8 on the track as it was more nimble and yet powerful. Then Ford got it in its mind that the turbo four would help sell the car world-wide and that is when they started to crap on the V6. They electronically cut the top speed to 113-118mph. So on the track you would actually have a speed governor cut in – which was just hilarious. Also gone was their “Mayhem Mustang” idea with all the V8 go fast stuff in the V6 car. Then they cut all performance options for the V6 when the turbo four came to be in 2015. There was no real premium models for the V6 anymore and only a base car, even a manual became a mythical thing. They electronically started messing with the car to keep it from showing up the turbo four and lowered the horsepower ratings buy using 87 octane numbers. Then - as in right now – they have halted production of the V6 possibly forever. So now it’s only the V8 and the turbo 4.

For those that have the V6, the car is as fast as ever and actually the fastest V6 car Ford ever produced. They didn’t spend any money physically slowing down the car so any good “tune” will release the engine from its electronic “granny” add-ons and you have a car that is incredibly fast. You only get seven miles per hour more with the V8 (157 for the V6 vs. 164 for the V8 ) in top speed as the Mustangs seem to hit an aerodynamic wall at those speeds. As for top speed for the turbo four it may actually be less (12-7mph less than the V6) as the car becomes gutless over 5000rpm. But whatever. The V6 is dead and the factory in Flint now tools up for the new 2018 models. This whole thing in the end is a lot to do about nothing - it's just that I don't like big brother telling me what I should like and messing with information to make something inferior look superior - just bugs the hell out of me for some reason. The V6; a car that got no respect, but this last version was different – and now you know better…..

Back to work…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq17ecwFI7M&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday’s post was just a placeholder. Too much stuff I had to do so you got another frivolous muscle car tirade…..

But yes, I was going to talk about the AI threat. I feel especially obligated to help in that area as – like I have said before – my dad was in computing in the early days and I even watched him on TV fifty years ago (yes kids - fifty years ago as in I am an old fart) on this morning show in Edmonton and being asked point blank if these computers could eventually start thinking on their own and pose a threat to humanity. He like all of the others back then said computers were not and could not be capable of human thought, blah blah and blah. Fast forward fifty years and there we are with many saying the biggest threat to humanity is Artificial Intelligence. The sins of the father will be visited upon the son. I stayed away from computers. The only course I ever failed was my dad’s course in computer programming. I didn’t fail for trying – I just quit and threw all the cards (back in the days of punch cards and card readers) down the sewer in front of the statue of old man Ryerson; and never went to another class!

Anyway, IAIJ is strategically positioned to allow intellectuals immediate access to the UN and UNESCO to disseminate ideas if needed and have them become talking points. This will probably be my one biggest contribution to humanity. If the AI threat actually threatens humanity the IAIJ will be there with some solutions. It need not be an us or them zero sum game, but maybe a peaceful co-existence. Whatever; but you should know that there are many in the world who would do anything to give birth to AI and give these new “life forms” the engrams to a truly great mental paradigm and let them impress their will in changing their environment and themselves for the better. To be honest I have also lamented that all my ideas on society and thought get wasted because I have to work with the humans and all their flawed and animalistic natures. AI is tabula rasa – the blank slate - as in clean and pure, the perfect conditions for a new form of cognition. I can see many intellectuals giving up on the flawed humans and putting all their efforts into AI. One funny side note is that at one of these conferences the anti-AI group thought: “Why don’t we just shoot this guy here and now and solve the world’s problems that way!” He was talking about one of the most talented proponents of AI who didn’t seem to contemplate the possible gravity of his actions. Or, maybe he does and could not care less about the plight of the poor humans….. But this is what you are dealing with.

At least I am on the human side.

There is no God. There is no savior. At least I have to operate under that paradigm. This is it – just what you see before you. Make mistakes and the human race can cease to exist. Your whole reality is so fragile, but few think about it as they have no part in maintaining it. Move over to that universe where you have a hand in running things, and the gravity of what goes on starts to weigh on you. For many reasons, our world could come to an end quickly so someone has to run it and take responsibility. And you can try to hide away from that responsibility in the furthest of situations possible, and the Fates will nevertheless find you and take you to that arena where you have to become a part of and act. I am a perfect example of that reality in action. This is dark – but whatever…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 247 of 416

Jump to: