Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m actually almost done with the AAVRY KNAPP show for the time being. I may tweak some audio and such but the show looks good.. I cut it down to the required time and – yes – another show I really did not want to tackle because of the problems involved; but the thing turned out ok.....

So tomorrow it is the first show explanation of the controls used in the experiment and then on to the last and we are done!

I wanted to blather on about so many other things, the stuff some of you love. That will return tomorrow but I needed to get this one show under my belt and there it is.....

Like I said - back to the usual tomorrow - but I am glad to have tackle this and finished it well!

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday I go promising you that things would be back to normal today and not quite…..

The big thing is that The Making of AAVRY KNAPP Daze in my Life is done! It is done like the others. I could tweak things here or there but the law of diminishing returns means I have to go where I am really needed and that is the first show and then the last. Dan himself is off to Spain for a week or two so I don’t need him anymore. It is just off to the first show and that explanation of the experiment and the controls we had.

I am finally near the end of the break in period of that Mustang of mine. So far the car has shown no problems of any kind. I like how I selected it and my choices and how I found a way to stretch and finance a much more expensive car (via fleet sales). It was never a question of V6 or V8 – otherwise it would be V8. No: It was a question of Hyundai Elantra or V6 Mustang – That was the decision! Every gear head faced with a that choice would do what I did so no regrets there. Also no regrets buying a 2017 so close to the launch of the 2018s. First the 2018s come with a new gearbox and trust me there will be problems and recalls. Who needs that? Second I like the styling of the 2017 over the new lower hood styling and the straight chevrons rather than C shaped 218 chevrons. I am not alone but to each his own. All of this does not matter anyway as the V6 does not exist in the 2018 model lineup so it had to be a 2017 and I think I got the very last black on black one of these. So I am a happy camper.

Having driven a V8 5.0 for 18 years I have “been there and done that!” I am not dating anymore and at my age burnouts and street races are so not cool for a guy like me. At night I would see those street racers come up on my car from behind. Lay back a bit, then the tell tale headlights moving side to side as they look for the clues that would tell them what kind of car I was driving. Once they figure it was not a V8 they usually would leave me alone but not always. With the V8 back in the day you were constantly harassed and “egged on” by other sports cars to race or test your car's acceleration or speed. Sometimes like downtown on the weekend the pressure from everyone would be enormous to show what the car could do. Back then you could actually have some fun and get away with it. These days, sooner or later, you are going to get charged and the insurance will get hiked an you will sell that car or end up taking the bus to work! Just too much nanny state these days. But having that 5.0 badge got respect and was also a curse in so many ways…..

Later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YsNncNXikU&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the AAVRY KNAPP show out of the way I want to get the first now out of the way by Saturday night!

There does not seem to be enough time. Mostly it is the new car’s fault but the newness has worn off and it is just a car. They are changing that brand quick. The 5.0 moniker may be gone in two years with either the 4.8 V8 or some turbo Ecoboost V6. 2020 will also see the first Hybrid Mustang – now that is an abomination! But that is change for you. Ford is keeping to ever tightening emissions and the current V8 gets multiple fuel injection for the V8 to reduce particulate matter and I think that killed the old V6 as they are going with changes to their Ecoboost six in this regard and that was that. And that was the reason they deliberately made the V6 unattractive the last few years. Running performance figures at 87 octane while the V8 and turbo 4 got figures one 93 octane. Even dropping the horsepower 5 points so there was more of a break between the two engines – just a paper trick but you get the marketing. They wanted to kill the V6 and were making the case by manipulating the figures and getting rid of the options for that particular car – like hitting it with the ugly stick! But for me it was the V6 or nothing as the V8 was out of reach. So I was happy to get it and get it in the black on black color. And it was only the Mustang. The Camaro and all the Chrysler products were thousands more even for just the V6. Even the Hyundai Genesis is thousands more. I could only stretch for this and this alone to get in the sports car world so mission accomplished. I passed the break in mileage so I can kick the engine in the guts a bit more now. But it is just a car now and a little bit more each month to run but the old car was getting just as expensive without the newness of a new car…..

More than anything else – I just want to get the shows on the air and be done with it. I have only so many active years left and the priorities now stand out. Even if problematic the probabilities for success are there and that is more than almost anyone else on earth. As corny and dramatic as that sounds it is actually closer to the truth than you know. Anyway it is time to get this thing started!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I finally have some time to write…..

First of all I finally finished updating the AAVRY KNAPP show last week as you guys already know. Then yesterday I basically finished up the first show (The Fortress Experiment) of the series. So today I finally started work on the last “Epilogue” show. This show’s main problem is that it is a recap and pretty boring in a way. I always had Gianna opening the show as she does an adlib introduction for me. But as I looked for a way to jazz up the show I thought about sticking in some of her vivacious and funny clips as I started a new segment in the show. I think it worked but I will have to see what the others think before I make it permanent. I really want this to stay in. We ditched the Fortress Variety Show for the time being and all those funny clips of Gianna would be gone for good, but may live on in this show. I even kept the ending of the variety show in there to keep things lively and also includes Emily singing as the credits roll. We’ll see if this truly works or not.

Above are two pictures of Dan from AAVRY KNAPP when I did that interview a week ago. He now wants to be known as the "Hat Man". I told Sue about this and she figured he was bald or getting bald and that was the reason. I actually believed her as I haven’t seen him hat-less since before FOFSTOCK. Anyway the proof is there – a full head of hair. It actually is better than mine as when he adjusted his hat and took it off he “whipped” all that long hair back and I swear to God it was like any woman’s head of hair, the dude isn’t even thinning. But he is five years younger than, me but for now the dude has hair that rocks – So what of it? He says it’s a style thing, but as his manager of sorts I really have to put it out there that while it may now be his style, the man still rocks a young man’s head of hair. Maybe he wants to go grey the natural way. But as a graying guy myself in the entertainment industry; I can say there is no embarrassment coloring your hair for whatever effect you want. I go grey for business meetings and black for the entertainment side and when we have to attend a gig for one of our artists. It’s the entertainment industry – everything is fake in its own way…..

I also have to get Sam into that Epilogue Show. Above is Sam from a week ago, all of 28 years old now. Funny, there she is tagging along behind you when you started in the music industry. The next thing you know she is all grown up and bringing in acts like The Lox and Freeway. We actually advertised the Freeway concert but I finally found out why he (Freeway) cancelled. Turns out he got robbed in Toronto the night before. Well, shit happens…..

As for those still interested in the car stuff, well the break in period is over; but I still drive the car – just because…..

When you buy two years after the big change in design you get a car with all the bugs worked out. The first year (2015) was the year they had the most recalls and some serious ones including a possible engine fire in the turbo four and catastrophic engine oil loss from the oil cooler line on the high zoot V8s. For the fleet car there is nothing, as nada that affects me. And true enough everything works on the car at the moment. I don’t want to get too cocky as then you just jinks yourself but so far so good! The bad part about waiting until the bugs are worked out is that the newer model then comes out and your car looks instantly old. This happens in the fall but because the 2018s don’t have a V6 anymore, it is not all that much of a bother…..

I won’t even get into the car racing thing as I am long in the tooth for that kind of stuff but I passed an informal get-together on Saturday night and knew what they were up to. Street racing is a very bad word now but there are other forms of fun with your car. The obvious is to take it to the track or drag strip and have at it. But an easier deal is to just go to some slalom races that they hold in parking lots. Back in the day Roger’s Cable used to have a show dedicated to slalom racing in Toronto, so you could race the car and go home and watch yourself on TV! The funniest moment for me was this guy driving an Alfa Romeo and just tearing around the cones with flames coming out of the tail pipe (yes ladies you see it in the movies and it is true – you can actually get flames coming out of the tailpipe during a race). One of the commentators noted just how hard he was driving the car to which the other commentator who knew the driver stated that it was his boss's car that he was driving (supposedly for business during the lunch hour). Just too friggin’ funny…..

That is the reality of the racing scene. I never saw anyone – never – racing for pink slips. Never saw it happen but it always happens in the movies. I only watched and own two Fast and Furious movies – the original and Tokyo Drift.). There is a lot of BS in the original but the director used real street racers and their rides in the movie. The first race has nothing but real street racers and their rides (other than the “A” list actors) and the scene where the cops show up and everyone speeds away were nothing but street racers, their rides and not even one fender bender during that scene! But the actual race was all CGI, just so you know. With Tokyo Drift all the drifting are actual practical gags, no CGI work in there for the actual car drifts. Anyway those are the only two of those movies I have. That one scene where Vin Diesel’s girl friend flies through the air and he flies through the air catching her and landing on another car is just one example of why I don’t watch that anymore…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGKtF62pM8&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a few hours working on the Epilogue show and the Gianna segments seem done and the Samantha update is done and now all I have to do is get the technical side done and trim down the UN stuff at the end.

That is a bit of work make no mistake but it is actually happening. This thing is going down and I will – I repeat will – be shopping this thing around this summer! I just find it funny that no matter what I did, the Fates seem intent on making a monkey out of me when I said the TV producer thing was this miserable business driving old cars and all that. Now the old car is gone and I have a new sports car and all the people going with me to the meetings will be young women like Sam for example. But still, that is only optics; only optics and the actual business dealings will be miserable make no mistake. But the optics to an outsider would seem rather positive. Like this weekend a good portion was spent mulling around in my despair at my disaster of a life. Others would just see the entertainment stuff being exciting and the UN stuff important; and living in a primo area of Toronto driving a nice car and surrounded by good looking people. So how can he despair? Well remember Marilyn Monroe for one. Looked at as the most attractive woman in the world and all the rest; and she committed suicide. I can see how that can happen but others will believe that all the cheap trappings of romance and the good life would not possibly conjure up despair leading to suicide. So it has to be some conspiracy….

I am not bitching left right and center. It just is what it is. Like I know many of those people I see driving expensive cars we all drool over, have major health problems and just said ”f**k it” I’m buying that Corvette or Maserati or Bimmer or Merc because in a while I will be gone anyway! I get it. So far I seem healthy and I sort of live the life of a young guy buying that entry level performance car and worrying about the trivial stuff. It is nice that I can still be that way and still have an open future at my age. It won’t last but for now it is good as it keeps me focused on the entertainment stuff and then back to the UN for the final plays. Then I will probably get the bad news about my health and it will all come crashing down and end with me being lowered in the grave. It will always end that way. But for now I am still swinging my bat, still swinging my dick and looking ahead…..

Later…..

http://fofentertainment.com/Maurice_10_Years_From_Now.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have figured out how to set up that jumble of video clips in the Epilogue show…..

Gianna!

What I think I will do is keep that intro of Gianna and then me proclaiming that the hypothesis of the experiment has been confirmed. Then over to that side event about the positive mandate and then after that all those clips confirming the idea behind the positive mandate. Then toward the end we pitch the voting through cell phones idea we did at the side event at the UN with me talking about that being history in the making with everyone having a small part in humanity’s self-determination – and then the thanks to all participants and that would be the end.

It looks like that setup could work. It gives the show and series a big bowtie on top of everything in the end. I just thought about this and figured I would write it down in case I forgot or something so putting it down in an update kills the two birds with a stone thing. I want to go on the editor now, but I think I will take a short drive to Starbucks and do the usual thing and drink a tall mocha and look at cars and wander around the Home Depot because I have some home renos that need attention. While relaxing with that I will just continue to mull over this and if nothing otherwise pops up we are good to go on the editor.

The car thing is rapidly losing its excitement. As I said before it had to happen, the old car was 23 years old and everything would need to be replaced and that gets expensive. I stretched for the car I wanted and that was – in the end – a good move. I like what I see when I walk up to the thing and that is the ideal. You pay thorough the nose for a car – it’s actually a rip off for the convenience – so you may as well get good vibes from the machines as it is a luxury of sorts. So yes, get what you want and get the lowest rung of what you want especially if money is tight. I still have to run FOF and IAIJ and that costs money. So getting what I wanted on the cheap was the plan and fleet sales was the cheapest. With sports cars you have to buy new as these cars are messed about with and driven hard. Many are smashed up and resold. Sports cars get into accidents more likely than the minivans yet where do these new cars go when the driver does something stupid and smashes it up? Well the car I totaled was bought almost new by an unsuspecting buyer who later traced the car to me and asked me about its history. I had to tell him the thing was totaled and looked like a banana when I walked away from it. He was a bit shocked and then rationalized that was why he felt certain vibrations at certain speeds. And those are the cars you will find on the used car lots. Gear heads love their cars and buy the car they really want; so why would they trade it in the same model year or one year old? It makes no sense unless the thing got trashed and was rebuilt. That probably happens more often than you think so buyer beware. The bottom line is that I had to buy another car and to get what I wanted it had to be new and all of the rest – but in the end it worked out for me. So there you have one example of how to buy a car…..

Anyway it’s off to buy that coffee and chill with the idea for the Epilogue show and then the cutting begins…..

Chop, chop, chop…..

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Guru.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just like that the Epilogue show is done. It is finished and yes like all the the other shows you have to sweat out minor details but the show is finished and I even cut it for time!

I hope his shows that a good idea at the right moment works like that and is the reason why we are at the UN. Good ideas can solve formerly unsolvable problems by bringing to the table a viewpoint never before considered. It resets the bar and all the parameters. In essence this is how change happens. I had a big problem on my hands and a good idea just solve it and it all finished in a flash - like magic.....

BAM!!!!!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is just getting the team together for the series sale…..

We already have two targets, one in the States and one in Canada. For the strictly business end we will have about six people and currently we have two, me and Sam and maybe Scott if he is still interested and Shane but not at the beginning (Because he can’t stand the crass criticism at that stage). There are the usual suspects but I don’t want to call them in until we get genuine interest but I keep looking. The bottom line is that the main participants are usually shielded from the rejection part as the rejection usually revolves around them – so….. But I am a business of many decades and Sam has dealt with Billion dollar corporations working with us. Well see about Scott later and there is Shane and maybe two more not currently in the production and we are good to go!

Sam with a contract for FOFSTOCK!

Today I will also finalize the lineup of shows which at this time is:

Episode 1: The Fortress Experiment
Episode 2: The Making of AAVRY KNAPP Daze in My Life
Episode 2: Real Life
Episode 4: Free With Purchase
Episode 5: The Life and Times of Donald “Boots” Brasseur
Episode 6: The Free Press
Episode 7: FOFSTOCK
Episode 8: Epilogue

I will stay away from watching the shows and when we finalize the lineup I will do some quick tie-in audio for the beginning of each episode to orient the audience as to how this person came to be in the experiment and so on. Then we just nail down the fine points and start to burn the DVDs and finalize the series bible that will go along with the production package. Then we contact the two broadcasters and get our heartbreak…..

Goodnight…..

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quickie but the second day of taking it a bit easy and just firming up the plan on the lineup and how to integrate episodes as a series. As for audio introductions and explanations – episode one does not need it at the start as it’s explained in the show itself. The final episode does not need it as it is the final show and obvious from the start. FOFSTOCK maybe but if any changes it would be at the start where I mentioned why we picked Yonge-Dundas Square as a location and then quickly we wanted the concert as our big formal get-together for all of FOF especially FOF music. The Free Press show is about me and I don’t know if they need to know who I am and such at that stage in the lineup. The intros are needed for Dan’s show, Shane’s show, Michael’s show and Don’s show. Just a quick overview of how they are connected to me in the experiment’s rules and what their dream of expression is about and then we just let the show rip!

FOFSTOCK

I am also bringing in new people to the organization and we got one more yesterday. So even though I have scaled back a bit on the editor, thing are really moving along regardless. The series sale effort is more serious in intention now than last year and I need real personnel, real boots on the ground if we get the break.

More from the FOFSTOCK show!

I’ll talk about the car a bit tomorrow as the marketing that bashed the outgoing V6 for power and gas consumption (mostly made up) now has more of a reason and that reason was opening up Mustang sales in Europe and the regulatory and automotive appetites over there. Certainly the 2018 styling has more to do with pedestrian safety than improving styling. That upright “Jaws” about to attack or berserk look front end of the present car flies in the face of the lower hood safety legislation for pedestrian collision they have over there. So the front of the hood drops 20mm in the 2018 model and then it seems like they then told the design team to do the best with that change in terms of appearance and you end up with mixed reviews as it is all a compromise to safety legislation over there. It’s an interesting investigation for sure. Now we know why they pushed the turbo 4 because they are going to sell the car abroad where gas is three times what it is in North America. So yes, the engine changes/lineup and the changing styling are all deliberate from the bean counters first with the creative designers having to put lipstick on a pig for the next mid-term refresh of the 2018 Mustang.

Anyway, enough of that.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice later update for you today…..

Later because I got so much done in the morning I didn’t want to break the concentration. Basically the first show is done; the AAVRY KNAPP needed a segment added and some video of internet sales added when he went to the record store. Thankfully I had old iTunes stuff from that period we could add. But that show is good to go. Michael’s show has everything and Real Life is done. The only shows I would revisit are the last obviously as I just finished a refresh and maybe The Free Press.

Things for the series sale are coming along nicely. We are getting our team ready and almost ready to cut the DVDs again and start knocking on doors. I really hope things work out for the best this time. Every time I do this it takes another chunk out of my life essence. TV land is brutal that way. But whatever we just keep pressing ahead!

Later…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We start the weekend running with working on the shows and hopefully having things done by Monday morning…..

But I want to get back into the car thing a bit again. First of all it’s a very quiet thing in gear head land. When I was into it back in the day, everyone was into it. Now with all the bad press and insurance companies shutting out the youth with regard to driving performance cars – let alone sports cars as they now call the Mustang – you really don’t see much action or even the potential for it. Frankly, gear heads tend to avoid each other on the road. This is what happens when the police, lawmakers and insurance companies clamp down on any fun with cars – but I digress. I was expecting the usual fun with all the posturing about driving a V6 Mustang and all the rest – and – nothing…..

The performance car world has changed. Even using the word performance car has changed. Performance car means modded up ordinary car these days and the performance cars or “muscle cars” of back when are now called sports cars. They are different nowadays. Four wheel disc brakes for one and now the independent rear end for the past two years, so on paper they do look more like sports cars. But things are really quiet.

So that was the first surprise.

The second was just how fast these cars are today. Ford has been deliberately denigrating the V6 cars and applauding the turbo 4 cars lately because it is going into Europe and will sell mostly the turbo 4. From the way they have been talking down the six you would think a gerbil or hamster running in a wheel in a cage would be faster than that engine. There are no performance options for the V6 car anymore. Gone is the Mayhem Mustang where the V6 was actually faster than the V8s on race courses due to better balance and all that. All the upscale trim and all that are gone. Then deliberately downgraded engine specs and performance to 87 octane levels while posting the turbo 4s and V8s at 93 octane to make them look best. Even the car journalists denigrated the V6. That part really bugs me as they are first and foremost “journalists”. Now remember that car journalists live and die by access to cars from the automakers and junkets for car events and special preview news events for the new cars and such. Start writing the wrong stuff about their cars and those invitations dry up. So most of them were on board to denigrate the V6. It was not out and out lies as Ford deliberately made the car look like crap through the published engine specs and lack of options. Then journalists had the ignominy of having the speed governor cut in while doing track laps and having to do those runs on all season tires – that is just hitting that particular car with an ugly stick all day long….. They also electronically limited the top end to less than the other cars. - Just because….. So journalists would publish and toe the line but some would “nudge, nudge, wink, wink” that crap for those that could catch the nuances like: “Power has been reduced to 300 horsepower (on paper anyway).” The reality is that this car beats almost any muscle car except some Corvettes pre 2010 and that says a lot.

Car and Driver, as a respected publication puts the performance of the V6 automatic at 5.5sec to 60 and 14.1 in the quarter. Others posted way worse numbers but here is the reality. An ordinary guy like me took his black V6 automatic Mustang to the drag strip and got consistently low 14sec quarter mile times (Mustang360: mustangandfords.com). His best was a 14.2 at 99 mph and that is completely stock running on all season tires no less (the turbo 4 gets wider stickier track tires)…..Hehehehehehehe….. He was shocked like I was about the speed of these things in reality. Below is a photo of the track slip (I don’t know who he was running against in the other lane) along with a photo of the beast at the track (it’s exactly the same car as mine right down to the wheels). Some excerpts from that article:

“Remember, about 25 years ago when you got your new 5.0L Mustang? It had 225 ground-pounding horsepower and could cover the quarter in mid-14s. Tweak it with a cold-air intake, gears and you could nail low 14s. Hey, that was fast for 1990. If we told you 25 years ago a V6 Mustang could smoke your 5.0L, you’d think we were mad. But Ford’s latest V6 is no joke. The amazing six in the 2015 Ford Mustang can produce really quick elapsed times, not to mention knocking down almost 30 mpg and keeping those insurance rates nice and low."

A black Mustang V6 automatic like mine at the drag strip!

What did he have to say about that black V6 automatic car that day?

"Recently, at the NMRA Spring Break Shootout, we watched a handful of 2015 V6 Mustangs rip deep into the 14s, which we found to be ultra impressive. The best being a black auto-equipped “rental” that blistered to a 14.209 at 99.73 mph! We remember this being a pretty quick elapsed time back in the day, when even our 1987 5.0L LX five-speed Mustang had nothing more than the basics.”

“Other than staging shallow to maximize rollout, our driver, whose name we’ll change to protect the innocent, was super stoked with the performance.

“I’ve ‘borrowed’ 5.0L Mustangs in the past to run True Street at the Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Spring Break Shootout,” said Max Rockatansky. “I was bummed at first about getting a V6 this year, but it was a 2015 so that was cool. And I couldn’t believe it when I got to the track and ran 14s. Then, we got some great weather on Saturday morning. It was around 50 degrees and we had a slight tailwind. I was shocked when my black S550 ran a 14.20 at just under 100 mph,” he added.”

A black Mustang V6 automatic drag strip speed and time results!

I posted that above as that car is the exact same car as the one I have down to the color, axle ratio and everything. So Car and Driver’s 5.5 0-60 and 14.1 quarter by more experience drivers is real and reproducible in stock trim. The same performance as the legendary Plymouth Superbird and cars like that! Just adding better tires will get you into the 13s, so the whole V6 thing is just an ethical business and journalistic fiasco to permanently get rid of that engine choice (for over 52 years with the Mustang) and make people accept the turbo four since Ford is pushing that now world-wide.

And what do we get with the turbo 4 in the real world? Dog slow performance in town and lots of turbo lag. Here is one person who called it as it is:

"I’ve rented both, and I decided to go with the 2015 V6. It is very consistent power on 87 gas. One major factor that is never brought up with these types of comparisons is that the ecoboost needs 93 octane gas to get 310hp and 320torq. I live in Cali and there is no 93 anything including neighboring states. So, you'll end up paying more when buying an ecoboost just to run on 87 gas at 260-270hp, or 91 gas at 272-285hp. Which explains why V6's are beating ecoboosts. I guess there are some people who will buy an ecoboost for mpg, but in my experience and profession (finance) many ecoboost owners are trading up to V6 or V8 options, or leaving to other vehicles. The biggest complaints are the "fart can" sound owners can't stand and loss of power without 93 octane gas. Let me tell you, it is one heck of an experience to be sitting in a Mustang with a Honda tone to it. It's sacrilegious to see Ford destroy the V6 to push a 4cyl in of all cars a Mustang. I'm not against new technology, but purposely detuning the V6 to make it seem worse than that 4cyl Mazda engine is ridiculous. Seeing how Ford is pushing this ecoboost thing a little too much for me with many cars is going to make me leave this brand permanently. It doesn't seem as though there is an interest to engineer new technology, but to repurpose existing material (Mazda engine=ecoboost). Not to mention the 335hp V6 Camano. This should be interesting to see what moves are made by Ford.”

Thousands of remarks like that. Motor Trend which like Car and Driver is one of the most respected car journalist publications kept getting ecoboost Mustangs that got slower and slower and got nothing but blather from Ford:

“We tested our first EcoBoost Mustang on September 15, 2014. A 2015 model, it was equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission and the Performance package, and it weighed 3,658 pounds. That car hit 60 mph in 5.6 seconds and ran the quarter mile in 14.1 seconds at 97.8 mph.
We tested our second EcoBoost Mustang, also a 2015 model, on February 18, 2015. It was equipped with a six-speed manual transmission but did not have the Performance package. It weighed 3,654 pounds. This car hit 60 mph in 5.6 seconds and ran the quarter-mile in 14.4 seconds at 97.4 mph.

Our sister magazine, Automobile, accepted an EcoBoost Mustang as a long-term test vehicle later that year. A 2015 model, it was tested on December 16, 2015. It was equipped with the six-speed manual transmission and the Performance package. It weighed 3,629 pounds. This car needed 6.0 seconds to hit 60 mph and 14.3 seconds to run the quarter mile, trapping at 97.2 mph.

Most recently, we tested a 2016 Mustang EcoBoost for a Motor Trend comparison test. It was tested on March 30, 2016. This car was equipped with the six-speed manual transmission and Performance package, and it weighed 3,622 pounds, the lightest we’ve tested. It was also the slowest, needing 6.3 seconds to hit 60 mph and running a 14.5-second quarter mile at 98.0 mph

As a result, we have data but no answers. Every EcoBoost-powered Mustang we have tested has been slower than the one before it to 60 mph, slower through the quarter mile, or both. In the 21 months since we first tested an EcoBoost Mustang, the car has somehow gained 0.7 second on the run to 60 mph and 0.4 second in the quarter mile. We’ll post any solution to this mystery we discover, but for now, all we have are questions.

Ford provided the following statement in response to our story:
“The class-leading power and output of the Ford Mustang 2.3-liter EcoBoost haven’t changed since we launched the new car in 2014. It’s the same powertrain, calibration and gearing. We are investigating Motor Trend’s results.” "

To make this long story short I am saying that a car purchase is usually the second most expensive purchase we mortals usually make. We all therefore rely on car publications and websites along with the car makers themselves to give us the information to make an informed decision on that expensive car we are buying. With regard to the 2015-2017 Mustang and the introduction of the turbo 4, Ford has been deliberately degrading the V6 option as a prelude to discontinuation (it will not be available as a 2018 model) while at the same time praising better performance and fuel economy in the ecoboost turbo 4 engines which may not actually be the case. The ecoboost engine it would appear only is faster than the V6 at highway speed with the engine constantly on the boost and at 93 octane. Everywhere else like stop and go driving and on 91 or lower octane gas and the engine is slower and worse performing than the V6 engine. I get that Ford wants to sell the car worldwide and that the gas gulping V6 had to go but this deliberate attack on the V6 with questionable performance figures and almost but not quite falsification of the ecoboost’s performance abilities seems not worthy of Ford marketing. Add to this many car journalists who seem to be nothing more than shills for the car company and it just rubs me the wrong way as a journalist and all the rest. In the end this really is just a small thing in the big world of business, but man does this deliberate manipulation of information piss me off. Luckily I knew the reality and bought a car I like and can live with. Others who bought the turbo 4 may be stuck with a car they thought would have been something else (like a performance car with better throttle response). I really feel for those unsuspecting consumers who relied on the car companies and press to make a big decision. And for many they were lead astray and that is an unforgivable thing in journalism. The V6 Mustang is the better choice overall than the ecoboost car that replaces it and not the reverse as Ford and others would have you believe.

Rant over…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_B0H0SaJo&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhlavtUOas&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNcsxP-Pek&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one and a quickie, but at least we are well into the last show and I know what I have to do. Just a little audio work and a little bit of video work and we are good to go and finish this thing up. The one step above rough cuts that is. Then I review all the shows and even out the audio and burn the DVD. I will do this one at a time and hand out the shows for review as I burn a new DVD.

This thing is getting done. I also sort of regret not going to TVO with the revised shows like we have now – but that is life and opportunities I guess…..

But at the end of the day things are just humming along. And for those that say I am becoming what I said I didn’t want to see ten years later (during the original Fortress TV Show) – well remember I always had a house in Willowdale (not Leaside) even before the experiment, The women are not bimbos and are all past 25 and I am not driving a Porsche or BMW (though the BMW was an early possibility). The idea is that I didn’t want to sell out on the ideals and altruism (and just go for the fast buck) and we are still deep into that altruism especially at the UN which should disprove all of those early fears. Fact is I got as much out of that 23 year old Roadmaster and it was time to put the faithful car out of its misery and get something new and reliable. So I got what I wanted and like and did it on the cheap, and probably one of the cheapest deals you could get. So no – I didn’t sell out or backtracked on the original goals, in fact they were all achieved!

Later…..

http://fofentertainment.com/Maurice_10_Years_From_Now.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve got to mow the lawn…..

It’s funny how mundane things become a priority. But this will be quick as I have to mow the lawn. First is that the series is finished. I could cut the DVDs as the shows are now and go forward. I will probably, though, tweak things again for a few days while burning DVDs one at a time and handing them out. But the series proper is done. That side event at the UN in February revitalized the series and gave it an importance that now makes sense and ties it all together. So thanks to the folk at the UN for helping us out in so many ways! Apart from that I was going to go on a lengthy rant about AI and the increasing peril for the human race. That can wait but this stuff is still front and center in my mind.

If you think there are armies of people more intelligent than yourself working on this stuff – think again! There are more like a handful. We are defiantly in peril. I actually have some ideas I can make good on. I don’t have the sort of money Elon Musk has so he can buy up AI companies and keep a watchful eye on them. But for me it is giving the AI a proper set of mental engrams they can rationalize as making sense. We don’t want AI like us. We and our thought processes are based on engrams that exist to force us to procreate and other such animalistic priorities. The robotic AIs won’t have these concerns so a mental model like ours would make no sense to them, they would make up their own which may, but probably would not; include the pissing/shitting ejaculating humans. But if we gave them a decent set of mental priorities that made sense there would be a familial connection between us and them like us to chimpanzees and other apes. This approach may only mean we are spared annihilation and live in poverty in shanty towns and the AIs simply put up with us because of our history with them and some shared basic mental qualities. Certainly the issues at the UN like eliminating war, famine, hunger and even education and global warming, mean little to a robot. Our Positive Major Mandate for Humanity would be the first accepted mandate that would actually make sense to them as it comes from our better natures disconnected from out base animalistic desires. We should therefore have formed a basic connection and agreement with the machines on fundamental mental acceptance – so that could actually work.

That is enough for now…..

I have to mow the lawn…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qBlPa-9v_M&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quickie…..

My glasses broke yesterday so I am taking care of that today. I am thinking about that car of mine and what I will do to it when the warrantee expires. If it is major there will be no turbo. There will be no nitro as I have never met any gear head who ever walked away from nitro without their oil looking like malt….. No – it will be a supercharger and not the ones popping out of the hood like in some Mad Max movie. Nope; just a small snail activated by the engine for better throttle response and under the existing sheet metal. In fact I want no boy racer add ons on my car. Just understated and flying under the radar. There are such kits and they work like the car is stock. The V6 I have with the auto is the preferred setup and it works very well. I really am itching to have some fun with his car. I love engine theory and design and this car should produce 450 horsepower at the wheel or over 500 horsepower at the crank which are the figures you usually get. That should smoke a Voodoo equipped Mustang and is good enough for me!

Anyway I am not so interested in the Coyote engine for 2018. I don’t like the idea of plasma coated aluminum cylinder walls and that with forged pistons which have more tolerance so you will get piston slap and then wear. Plus I don’t like the idea of adding direct injection as that has already created problems with the heads….. But I digress…..

Later…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCL90sq3Dc&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2ijfxqlnY&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I’m back on the editor again…..

I made a tweak I wanted to do on the Twenty6Hundred show and that was to get some interview material on Randy and Mihai into the show and now everyone is interviewed in the documentary. I cut it again and it meets our usual time so that one should be good to go.

It is time to start burning DVDs. So what I will do is review a show and make sure the audio is level; and then burn a DVD. Then move on to the next one and make copies and have people review it looking for errors and stuff that does not make sense. As we move from one show to another we will make any necessary changes and burn a new version. So that is the plan plain and simple and then we just start knocking on doors.

That is the plan but life still throws obstacles in your way. My progressive glasses may not be ready for weeks but we shall see. So I am making out with glasses before my bifocal days and it is a pain but you can deal with it – but it is still a pin in the bum! I like bad luck when we need good luck for the TV shows but this is a bit much. But whatever…..

Goodnight…..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 246 of 416

Jump to: