Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to check the dates we applied for certification and we have three weeks left for maximum deadline. Then I start phoning. I admit I am really impatient now, but who would not be. Why must everything be so hard. Anyway, if our TV show gets stalled anywhere along the way, I will apply for a broadcasting licence and use my history of our TV show as the reason/strength-of-argument to process the application. Our show is:

Non-Political

All Canadian

Allows average Canadians access to the mass media (something the CRTC is supposed to be for.....)

The airwaves are public media and TV stations are supposed to offer access as part of it's broadcasting licence. The government agencies which regulate this must support programing with allows average taxpaying Canadians to access the mass media. I am now taking a very keen interest in the process of broadcast now, and will be very vocal about our experience and the real access to the mass media that is in Canada at the present time.

Last edited by Maurice on Thu May 05, 2005 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More notes.....

I note that my health has been a problem since starting all this. This has not gone unoticed. The stress of this organization with a regular job will do this to you. I seem to be doing better than most but the stress is there. Going to bed at nine..... I am starting to stretch and have to start taking an interest in my car....almost a collectors car! I am incredibly moody as I am used to things happening and everything is moving along but not "popping" as of yet. Maybe I should just shut-up and take it easy..... Laughing
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a good nights sleep makes a big difference..... Doing paperwork (mostly contracts and some income statements) and soon it will be off to bed. There is much stress in my life, but I have very low blood pressure. I guess I will be myself when things start happening again.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long roll in my car.....

Bought a ten foot long roll of seamless paper to use as a back drop. I had to get the wide roll as I have models and some poses may be reclining..... I had a couple of really old men as an audience as I tried to fit the roll in my car on the street near the shop. This paper is expensive and a chore to ship so at 100.00 a roll - I may invest in a large plexiglass sheet to put on the floor to save the paper (just like the pros.....). There is much going on in FOF land this weekend.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More thoughts.....

As we finalize projects and start the task of turning ideas into reality.....I suppose I should mention why I find such times interesting.

When a project is underway, you really do not have time to think and pine over possibilities. All you want to do is to finish one task at a time and get to the end. It is when you begin a project the "butterflies" or as we salesmen call it "buyer's remorse" sets in. We wonder if we are doing the right thing, better to play it safe..... Well, you only go around once.....and then it is gone. Seniors have their biggest regrets of opportunities not taken - so we are going for it and try our best to make this organization work. It will be challenging to complete all projects the way we want them and to keep costs in-line; but I am positive this can be accomplished.

The main thing is to take that leap and then deal with it. The reality is seldom the equal of our concerns. You must understand that the majority of people are cowards and never try to really fulfill their ambitions; so just starting a project will put you ahead of the majority of the population; all you have to do after that is make sure you do things intelligently so you accomplish what you wanted to do! Sounds simple and I know it is not all that way. But after that first step is taken, momentum is set and things start to happen. Not a sure thing, but exciting and an open future..... I prefer it this way.....
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time to do the things that must be done.....Ihave to get more organized. More Later
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that The Fortress TV Show has been certified for Broadcast in Canada. Furthermore; this show has been classified as a "Canadian Program" and not an infomercial! This is tremendous news for our membership and further demonstrates our philosophy of access to the mass media for the masses! The designation has several options open to us as to how we can present the show on the air. All options will be evaluated thoroughly and then we will move with haste to put the show on the air. More news as it unfolds and one big thanks for all who participated: Michael, Mark, Dan, Sue, Dave, Emily, Shane, my folks and several anonymous contributors.....Thank You All!!!!!

Finally.....I am drained.....What a wonderful day!

Part of the actual letter.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back ye faithful to my home away from home..... Well after the joy settled down about the certification - I realized that this designation does complicate things a bit. If we made an infomercial - then all I would do is hand over the money and on it goes. As real TV programing.....I have to become a real TV producer. I don't want to be a TV producer but there it is (it is sort of like when I was a life insurance salesman and then advertizing man..... Embarassed ). So I am now taking a crash course in my new and temporary job. First thing is since I now have the "snob" appeal of making real TV programing Laughing I will make sure we retain the good side of the CRTC. I also have some options as to how to get the show on the air at more favorable time slots and cost - May come to nothing but we do have a bit more "punch"!

Also, I have been toying with the idea of putting on a real variety show with the music videos and performances from members of the first show who could not participate themselves (because like Dan, they had been in the business in a more formal way) in other ways. We should not have to beg the music video shows to get play.....we would air them ourselves.....cool..... The show would be just variety and could have real commercials from the broadcaster as there would be no obvious message other than the entertainment; sort of like the final statement of our members accessing the mass media on an equal footing with the big guys.....

I could then go to the U.N. with the definitive proof of our philosophy. We would have the show, the documentary and variety show under our hats.....not too shabby no..... The frightening thing is that everything I just wrote about is very well in the capabilities of FOF to produce.

Apart from that, on a personal level, well..... lonely as usual here in my head. FOF is beyond going back now and the courts would force the "legal entity" to continue and fulfill all contracts and such, so I could be replaced..... That was the idea behind the incorporation, successorship. I am still the caretaker here with a title that actually is slowly starting to mean something.....at least people no longer laugh about it when I use it (they just smirk a bit but realize I can use it now..... Laughing ). Wow have things changed, even within the last few days..... Shocked
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
Welcome back ye faithful to my home away from home..... Well after the joy settled down about the certification - I realized that this designation does complicate things a bit. If we made an infomercial - then all I would do is hand over the money and on it goes. As real TV programing.....I have to become a real TV producer. I don't want to be a TV producer but there it is (it is sort of like when I was a life insurance salesman and then advertizing man..... Embarassed ). So I am now taking a crash course in my new and temporary job. First thing is since I now have the "snob" appeal of making real TV programing Laughing I will make sure we retain the good side of the CRTC. I also have some options as to how to get the show on the air at more favorable time slots and cost - May come to nothing but we do have a bit more "punch"!

Also, I have been toying with the idea of putting on a real variety show with the music videos and performances from members of the first show who could not participate themselves (because like Dan, they had been in the business in a more formal way) in other ways. We should not have to beg the music video shows to get play.....we would air them ourselves.....cool..... The show would be just variety and could have real commercials from the broadcaster as there would be no obvious message other than the entertainment; sort of like the final statement of our members accessing the mass media on an equal footing with the big guys.....

I could then go to the U.N. with the definitive proof of our philosophy. We would have the show, the documentary and variety show under our hats.....not too shabby no..... The frightening thing is that everything I just wrote about is very well in the capabilities of FOF to produce.

Apart from that, on a personal level, well..... lonely as usual here in my head. FOF is beyond going back now and the courts would force the "legal entity" to continue and fulfill all contracts and such, so I could be replaced..... That was the idea behind the incorporation, successorship. I am still the caretaker here with a title that actually is slowly starting to mean something.....at least people no longer laugh about it when I use it (they just smirk a bit but realize I can use it now..... Laughing ). Wow have things changed, even within the last few days..... Shocked

Was that me? Maybe I was getting a swelled head there for a minute. The variety show seems a good idea and a way to ensure our videos go to air. I will just be happy if the FOF signal gets broadcast. I am also happy you are here to read this and keep me company, my small group of friends - I love you all! And I cherish the fact I can still say that. Sooner or later my members will tell me to not be so open..... Crying or Very sad

Oh.....here is a 3MB clip of Dan setting up the show:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/FTVClip.wmv

Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, as you can read from my latest report; we are going for a variety show and will produce it in conventional style. I felt that this was a natural move as we could now ensure our artists get their music videos shown on the air and not have to kiss too much ass to get play on the other networks. This is expensive stuff but I think we can squeeze this one in if we produce it like the others. The potential coverage on our first broadcast is about 5 million people, problem is that most will be asleep.....Oh well.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a message for someone; and you know who you are. I have enough time on my variety show to host a small art exhibit for someone if they are interested. Potential broadcast area could be as large as thirty five million (but absolutely no guarantees). I offer this time but if you agree, you must reply in one of the usual manners within the next two weeks. After this show I may not have the absolute power to make these choices so please consider this opportunity seriously. Why am I doing this? Loyalty, sentimentality; but most of all is the image of someone falling asleep at work because they were helping me out with a project.....that one does it every time..... Wink

Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am continuing to call up people for the variety show. So far we have:

Dan Strudwick - Singer and Host

Bill White - Comedian

DaveGetchell - Singer/Songwriter

Shane Murphy - Singer/Rap

Steve Cogdell - Singer/Reggae

The new one for you is Steve, and here is a cover from one of his musical works:

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of Shane being interview by me a few months ago:

I have uploaded a clip from the interview and can be downloaded here (3MB). He talks about the business and his style of music accompanied to the tune of police sirens outside.....

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Murphy4.wmv
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still contacting people and forming a lineup, participants of the last show have priority and I will not vacate their option unless given a "no" or other mentioned message. Today I will take a quick look at the current Fortress TV show and configure the texting and links to the CRTC standard. I will also update this board and prepare for a studio recording session tomorrow. When the show gets aired - I really want it listed in TV guide and will only relent if we get substantial reductions in rates and preferential time.....just cool to see it in TV guide.....

The next issue of The Fortress (either standard or Mark's version depending on if he is ready) will be out at the same time as the airing of the show so if people can follow up on the exposure and I can toss a newspaper at any interviewers that we may meet along the way.

More news as it happens folks.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like Michael Atkinson will be helping out as technical director/cameraman with the music videos and may even participate in the variety show!

Almost five in the morning and still up.....is it worth going to bed? I have to record some stuff with Dave in a few hours, so I may just keep going. I really have to update the place. I also have a lawyer on this one, the guy is also a member of the New York Bar - so perfect for our media company.....have to find his card or pay his office a visit this week.....

What a change from this time last week.....I was getting a bit unravelled, now it is totally changed.....one week, I find that kind of funny.....

Oh, and one other thing:

No I am not a midget, Michael is six foot six and no I did not pad my underwear, those are my own.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 2 of 416

Jump to: