Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: A Social Club Of One..... Reply with quote

Funny how we had a lot of people posting in the beginning and not much getting done. Now we are involved in many, many things.....and this place is like a morgue. We have the traffic, but all are just lurkers. Most are friends who just check in to see whats going on - I really love you guys..... Others are from search engines. I just found it funny that the more successful we get, the lonelier this message board gets..... Not even "My Shadow" to keep me company..... The other side is that my "real Life" is pretty full right now - very strange how things turn out. I still think of all my internet friends a lot - actually too much - funny that..... Wink
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a tough couple of days with a very bad cold, things should be getting back to usual soon.

I think we are doing some good here but sometimes I have my moments. I really wonder what my obituary would read like, or if anyone would even notice.....really scary stuff if it catches you at the right moment..... I know that this life of ours is finite.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to bounce back from the cold. Just taking a break from the titles on our video works. My child is starting to blossom! FOF is beginning to make a believer out of me! Just watch the cash flow and no mistakes.....

Apart from that - I am still in this sentimental funk.....what it's all about..... Why do I care, and why does this heart still love? After all I've been through.....why? We still will push ahead with pedal to the metal.....this thing is closer than we imagine.....

For those who read this, and by searching this stuff out.....you really are my friends - a have a prize. I am experimenting with degraded songs to lure folk to our artist or high quality clips. Here is one of the degraded versions; from a slow Aavry Knapp song (the really busy hard rock tunes overcome the small files to be very playable) this is only 400K:

*****GONE*****

Juxtapose this with this song that is almost horrible when degraded and should probably be just a high quality clip to sell the album (400kb):

*****GONE*****

These will only be up for a couple of days and then they will be gone.
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Have Done It!

I'm calling it now, we have crested that hill and this organization is ours to lose! People now avoid this place because we are getting somewhere..... Laughing Whatever..... I will now take more of an interest in FOF projects and get the interviews going and start the music videos. The delay in the show is driving me nuts but my hands are very much tied. People now talk to me about this thing seriously now.....what a change! Very Happy We are far from secure, but now we have something to protect that is worth the effort.....let us not lose it.....

My speech to the world is what I believe. My theories are panning out. Yes, people are happier when their "being" is given free rein to express itself, I remember moments with all our participants when they were genuinly happy to be able to do what they wanted to do. I could go into specifics, but I won't. My methods of securing free speech may seem odd, but they will work! We are piss poor, yet I have the ability to do all I want. Well now this is starting to sound like a rant so I will quit while I am very much ahead. Good stuff guys!!!!!
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, still a hacking cough but it is gradually getting better day by day. As for my statement that we crested the hill.....just that I now concern myself more and more with just the finances and finishing projects more than trying to get ideas and people and finding ourselves..... I concern myself with keeping this thing going and that is a far cry from how we started.

I also viewed the Avry Knapp concert on TV and the DV product is better than I thought. Love AVID editing as I can zero in on individual frames with machine like efficiencey instead of the "fluid and floatyness" of other editors" full marks for AVID and even the glich I had earlier was my fault of crashing Cubase into AVID by mistake. So begins the arduous task of picking an encoder for Getchell's and Dan's work(Canopus Procoder is top pick right now). I am putting aside the DVD part for the time being and working on the masters and product coding and such as the other material it will be married to is not finished yet.

If anyone missed the samples I had posted earlier.....all you have to do is ask and I will put them up again. There are more but I will stick with these two for now. I should also have AK vidcaps up later today or tomorrow as we continue building web sites for our three artists.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back here again. Tough day and still have the cold but it is gradually getting better. At times like these it is best just to keep plodding ahead at whatever pace you can handle. Not much time here but I am making progress. When times get tough I often wonder what it would be like to just take the sleep that never ends..... However, when that very spectre did raise it's head; I very definitely wanted life! A comfortable life then, with friends and family and work that has real personal meaning. You can start laughing now..... I wonder about this thing here and about things in general, who knows?????
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have to start building the history and "lore" of FOF and IAIJ. Soon enough I hope to be doing some interviews on the small stations when our material starts going public. Some people are naturals, like Dave for puting the cause into perspective. That kind of music and the way we recorded it works together..... I also need some form of art in our little community of freedom and hope. I figured I had the artist that was perfect for the job, but that did not pan out (this one was truly great and did not know it, and I really did try but a disapointment in the end). What I was looking for was a commercial graphic artist that could sell our cause like a corporate ad campaign. Simple basic shapes and colors that put together by a genius.....would win over the thoughts and hearts of the ordinary person, and have universal appeal. That takes skill.....anyone out there?
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have activated all three artist websites: shanemurphy.ca, davegetchell.ca, aavryknapp.com. It will still take a few days for the name to point to the sever but Shane should have his up soon. Dave's album and CD have priority and should be released as soon as possible. We just keep "chugging" away. Man, though.....I want to get the show on the air.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - http://shanemurphy.ca is ready to go already. That is exciting stuff!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still testing Degraded clips (400k):

*****Gone*****

Check this one out (AAVRY KNAPP), about right, listenable but you can't play that on a real audio system..... I have to get a move on as all sites should be up in a few days.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CRTC is asking for information so hopefully we will proceed with getting the show on the air quickly. Much is happening so forgive me if things are a bit brief. Exciting stuff!
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lonely moment here. I remember "My Shadow" saying toward the end he was posting out of pity..... hehe..... Well, he was right about not expecting the door to break down with volunteers..... Nevertheless, we have success; funny how that works. As we become a more and more viable media company, I seem to become or and more of a solitary figure. I seem destined to live and to die alone. Why me? Do we deserve our fates? Perhaps it is my fate to become the living example of that crazy bespeckled dude at AAVRY KNAPP (the charater on the home page of http://aavryknapp.com ).

It will be an interesting couple of days ahead. I am going to take it easy, there is little I can do to change the direction my baby is going. Our course is set and we are going for it. So says the echo from the imposing and bold monument to freedom.....conceived by the frailest of humans. My own Wizard of OZ.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tweeking the new website's colors again. I replaced the white backgrounds with grey. The talk to - links are probably only good for friends and family of the artists.....not worthy of their own forums though I have eight that I can put up now. I must start to spend less time on the net and more working of the organization. I have to do personal and corporate taxes (five income statements total for me and four companies). Then there are the resolutions and such. I have to spend time there. So many things coming in at once yet my only complaint is lack of sleep.....

I could give you the usual prattle.....I should get back into poetry again also..... Anyway, we could share a thought.....for those who know me..... .....there now we have some real communication going on..... Have a nice day all my friends in internet land. I still think of you folk alot.....

Maurice
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep falling asleep at the computer and waking up tired.....so.....The machine gets tuned off after I complete anything after seven thirty. I have to start acting healthier and all that radiation can not be good. I am getting a bit impatient with everything going on but realize that this is the way things happen in real life and not on TV. Reality is harder and more time consuming and all sorts of outside influences change the way something should go. Life is hard and sacrifices are huge for modest gains. I wish I did not always have to go this alone but that is my style by default. Funny thing as I was thinking today.....I always would fantasize about being the "Man Of The World" when I was a teenager and young adult. As luck would have it.....I have a chance in that direction; I am qualified by lifestyle and education and temperament. Just realized that in my consciousness today, everyone gets what they want.....just not always the way they want it!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got a good night of sleep - back to my old self.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 1 of 416

Jump to: