Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Fortress TV Show - Cut Two!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Fortress TV Show - Cut Two! Reply with quote

Fortress TV Show - Cut Two!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Here is a nice pompous shot of myself!

This letter is being sent to all participants of The Fortress TV Show - It is reproduced here for those other participants who were involved but are either non-local or wish to remain anonymous.

This is the second "rough-cut" of the show and the cut attempts to rectify (as much as possible) the shortcomings of the first cut. Most obvious is the new introduction with Dan giving an overview of what the viewer is going to see and why it looks amateurish. The segment should work and is why we returned to the full segment with Emily (with nervousness and me fumbling with the camera - it seems to complement the intro now). Mark's intro is abbreviated and the old segment is replaced with the segment where Michael asks Mark about journalism and Hunter Thompson (who committed suicide recently). Shaliza's segment has the enlarged photos of the press cards. Maurice's interview has his schooling and occupation edited out to keep this area a mystery.....(I also agree). The bull sessions also have this information edited out. There is a new section with flashing photos of protests and a shameless plug for the web sites and organization. Michael has his interview included as his off camera remarks coupled with the interview with Mark make this a necessity; fact is Michael, you are a part of the show and must be included. The segment is very complementary..... Finally I overwrote the parts of Dan reading the cue cards with shots of the office in the original intro and clips of all participants in the final segment.

I have not worked on any of the audio, not until I finalize the major structure of the show. There are other obvious faults and these will be addressed when we sweat the details. You tell me what you see that needs work - do not be afraid!

This show is what it is. I know that at one time we toyed with the idea of re-shooting segments. However, it soon became apparent that we would have continuity problems and would have to re-shoot the entire show. This would be the death of everything that show was meant to be. The show now comes in at 28 minutes without the credits - so we are right where we want to be! So we will only work with the material shot on that fateful day. With the audience properly prepared, the show is almost charming in it's technical innocence. We will not be able to correct all mistakes like the flare and audio hum; but this makes what we do real! I like this show, and I am sure all will in the passage of time. It is a real archive of a real event and looks the way it does it because it is real. I had all sorts of platitudes and such written in my mind; but I am tired and "out of the groove". What I can tell you is that the show is close to going on the air. It is a good show, and rather unique in what it is.

It is a statement and makes the point that ordinary people can access the mass media. The media is yours - Use it! This project has dragged on longer than expected; but all of the projects have done this. I thank you all for your patience. After the airing of the show, we will move on to improving the paper and producing the music videos and albums. Very exciting times ahead!

[img]http://fortressoffreedom.com/FOFIAIJSig[/img]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: