Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress TV Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second rough cut is ready to be sent to the major participants. This cut fixes most problems of the earlier "cut" but I have left audio work until the basic structure is finalized. I would have sent them out today, but a snow storm took care of that idea.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received some feedback already and since nobody is squacking too loudly about anything in particular, I will go ahead and tune up the segments. The audio is already done; just increasing the voice of Dave and Michael during the interviews and lowering mine on the flash segment.

I am already going to work on the closing credits. Things are wrapping up quickly.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show is done! Maybe only minor tweeks but we can go with it as is if we have to..... Very Happy
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall start to get number and such of the various TV stations we will solicit. Right now, all I have is Global TV.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still some niggling changes like putting "Produced By Fortress Of Freedom Inc.". The topless quip by the cameraman is gone. I now have the unedited version and the "edited" version where one swear word in Dave's song has the volume drastically reduced (I could not technically delete it.....as a free speech dude) if we have to submit it that way. Dave originally did one take that did not have to word in it but that it unusable so he gave his blessing to this edit if we needed it.

Thing start to get interesting now. One small taping for the documentary on where we stand now and then we archive the quest to get this show on the air. The consequences of what happens here are far reaching in our examination of free speech and access to the mass media - Very interesting times ahead!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some photos of a segment I taped last night about our quest to get on the air:

meggen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice, u really like posing and posting pics of yourself uh Smile here is an idea, maybe u should ask your members to post their pics in their profile, that way members will know who they are interacting with when discussing topics of interest.... only an idea Laughing

Last edited by meggen on Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meggen wrote:
maurice, u really like posing and posting pics of yourself uh Smile here is an idea, maybe u should ask your members to post their pics in their profile, that way members will know who they are interecting with when discussing topics of interest.... only an idea Laughing

Actually if you look around this thread you should see almost everyone, I also think Sue is in one of our exclusive reports or the "Cont....." part. Happy hunting..... Wink
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOF is in the process of getting a certification number for The Fortress TV Show - this will take six to eight weeks and is absolutely necessary to get the programming on the air. I considered this a bit of an inconvenience, but others seem to take this as evidence that the show is worthy of being on the air.....go figure..... Confused

More updates as they occur.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forms for the certification have been sent in (two times since I forgot to send in the expense charts). The certification number should be sent to us in six to eight weeks. Canwest - Global has taken an interest and is sending us info and prices, etc.

More as it becomes available.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finally receiving information on rates for putting our infomercial on the air.

In other stuff.....

We may as well put the show on DVD and market it with the other items at our store - more details as they become available.....
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROGRAM FORMATS &
VIDEOTAPE SPECIFICATIONS

FORMATS:

Purchased Program or Packaged
Time Content Tape

½ hour 23:40 29:50
1 hour 47:40 59:50

VIDEOTAPE SPECIFICATIONS

Tape format: Digital Betacam or Beta SP

Time code: Drop Frame continuous from 01:00:00:00

Audio: Ch. 1 & 2: Stereo Mix, Dolby on

Commercial
Blacks: :20

Program
Leader: :15 Leader tape
:60 Bars & tone (true to the program)
:10 Slate
:10 Black
Progam
:30 Black (minimum)

There shall be one program only per tape and no false starts.

CHECK LIST FOR TIME SALES ON GLOBAL

1. Have you applied for your C# from the CRTC? Your C-number must be supplied before we go on-air, or a copy of your application (subject to Global’s acceptance) to the CRTC must be forwarded to us.

2. Have you prepared a brief description (blurb) for TV Guide listings? This must be supplied 4 weeks before the first air-date, if you wish timely listings for your program. Note: For TV Listings, the title of your show/series should be less than 20 characters in length. Titles that exceed this length will be parsed solely at the discretion of the television listing publications.

3. Will you be paying in advance? If not, please request a credit application form. This must be supplied to us 4 weeks before the first air date.

4. The commercial run-down must be received by Traffic by noon on Tuesday’s for shows airing on the following Saturday or Sunday. If it is not received by that time, Traffic may fill the spots at their discretion.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That number is still the king pin in getting the show on the air.....just a few more weeks. I am also investigating warantees on all our major equipment.....something I never though much about before - funny about that!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:40 am Post subject: CRTC Certifies FOF TV Show For Broadcast!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRTC Certifies FOF TV Show For Broadcast!

By Maurice Ali, President And CEO, FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that The Fortress TV Show has been certified for Broadcast in Canada. Furthermore; this show has been classified as a "Canadian Program" and not an infomercial! This is tremendous news for our membership and further demonstrates our philosophy of access to the mass media for the masses! The designation has several options open to us as to how we can present the show on the air. All options will be evaluated thoroughly and then we will move with haste to put the show on the air. More news as it unfolds and one big thanks for all who participated: Michael, Mark, Dan, Sue, Dave, Emily, Shane, my folks and several anonymous contributors.....Thank You All!!!!!

Part of the actual letter.

Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to finish the unedited CTRTC friendly version of the TV Show and will also produce the edited version so that we get maximum possible play if they like the show (no big deal, Dave says FUCK during his song and does not mind the volume being turned down..... ).

I also will be using my vacation week on June 6 to get our deal and play date for the show as well as manufacturing Dave's album. I have two weeks to learn about both areas and prepare. Exciting and new stuff but we should be making progress very soon!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: