Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress TV Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One really miserable day yesterday.....More to follow.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! The book is finally a reality! I can now concentrate on the TV show exclusively.....but after a little celebration and thanks to all who helped- especially our very own Pet who came up with the very attractive cover! More of the story can be found in the link below:

Click Here For The Story!

I am extremely tired now, so we will leave it at that..... A very memorable day!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tiring day but I have the week off in order to concentrate on the TV show. I have to make the tripod work smoothly or else I have to shell out big bucks to get a professional one..... The antique interview showed me this problem as a viscous mount and adjustment is necessary to capture the action without abrupt movement.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Stuff!

You guessed right! It was time to pay the Man for a new tripod.....

In the photo above you can see today's haul as i got the professional tripod and also a memory stick for the camera. This is the last of the equipment purchases! I had to buy professional because we need the control with the heavy cameras. I needed a quality tripod for our camera and shoot and also for the future HD camera (probably mid-sized) that we will most likely get in the next few years - I have to think ahead and make the right choices with the money.

The photo above shows the dolly I bought with the tripod to ensure we have that capability in the studio.

The "head" was the most important thing as I paid extra to get the best head money could buy.....

More photos of the set up.

So I am poor now..... Time to start finalizing the scripts and posting them for a change. I am also going to get into a routine for the next week.....more later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay but I had to get the scripts out and spent the night doing that. I am fine tuning equipment this morning and I can't believe how beautifully engineered this )very expensive professional) tripod is:

I have to go looking for a carry bag for this thing as it is soooo large..... I also have to get back my carrying case from Nikon and hand scripts to other folk..... No time to lose!!!!!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday was the day I wanted to get the major scripts for Dan and Punita. The others had minor scripts that really were just questions to be answered.

There are three kinds of scripts:

1. The Full Script This contains all dialogue and camera instructions and all the rest.....

2. The Semiscript This is used when portions of the dialogue are known in advance; really just a simpler version of the full version.

3. The Shot Sheet This is usually the simplest form and typically is just the shooting instruction/descriptions.

We will use a version of the Semiscript for our application. The following pdf files were given out to the participants today:

Punita's Script

Dan's Script

Corra's Script

Dave's Script

Mark's Script

Zahava's Script

Emily's Script

With the release of the scripts; I can now work on my own speech as I made the pledge not to work on my own script before the others received theirs.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Monday: I handed Dan his script and informational package and then drove to the Nikon Office to make sure I got a replacement bag for the one I sent in. I had some fun on the highway as smoke started billowing out the back of my Mustang and I figured this was the start of my "payback". This may have just been some overflow on the converters as I had topped up the transmission (it has a tiny leak that has been there for years). I blew almost ten dollars on fluid only to see I had more than enough.....but, it could have been a complete failure - so count those blessing..... Nikon had not sent me the bag yet.....so I waited and got mine there in the lobby.

I took the slow route back home. I also had to get a mid level spreader for my pricy tripod and a carry bag that could handle this large tripod; found at a pro-camera store but very pricy..... I ran the rest of the scripts off and handed them out to the others and returned the tripod bag (another one purchase the day before) that turned out to be too small to the retail camera outfit (looks like I have outgrown these places.....). That was it for that day, only a few more to go.....to filming.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a walk through our area I noticed that someone sprayed grafiti on the rusty bridge, ruining much of this location as a set. Here are some old shots of the bridge:

There is one place on the bridge that overlooks the stream and could be used for a segment (most likely Mark). I will place a sheet on the bridge as this rusty metal structure would just ruin that shiny new tripod (I would have to use a speader as the floor is perferated metal and just grind up the plastic spreader).

The rest of the location is as before. I must note that at the nine o'clocke mark, there is considerable dew on the grass. The great thing about this location is the circular "pasture" that gives us a constant lighting by moving our location around the perimeter. One minus is the local traffic on the east side, but this may abate on Saturday.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramblings.....

As stated before, I have had much success with this organization and feared sooner or later that it would be payback time. Well it looks like that moment has arrived and we shall see how I handle the multitude of arrows being thrust at me.

My car has to have emmissions testing today and must pass or I will be busing it to work next week. I can only pray the transmission lasts long enough for the test..... I overfilled it a few days ago with resulted in an overflow and a very dramatic plum of smoke coming from the rear on a highway no less..... I pulled out one litre yesterday and we will see how it drives today. For the emissions test I am running Sunoco Gold at 94 percent octane (finally no more pinging) and just changed the oil. The oil was another pain in the ass as I stripped the second drain bolt and will have to replace before the next oil change if the bugger starts to leak.

My much lauded decision to purchase the PD170 still stands as that is the only camera we could afford to get on TV. However, the release of the new HD cameras has been moved up to late November and already they are saying everything will soon be obsolete. I know this is hogwash but still disconcerting..... The pro version is still a work in progress but will still feature DVCAM and the only good thing about the new generation of High Definition Cams is that they are still using mini-DV tapes such as what we are using..... I know that the first efforts from a new product are prone with failirues and recalls and Sony is only producing 5,000 units a month on their consumer HDV cam coming up (so it there is a recall the number is not great). The heads will be burned of our camera before we have to worry about obselecence, but still, it is a downer to know that such a new purchase is already being left in the shadows. My Nikon D70 was state of the art last spring but is now just another camera with the new Canon taking the spotlight with almost double the number of pixtels (like 11,000,000). You can't play the latest technology game and stay there, it is constantly changing.

At any rate, our equipment will do for us what we want and that is to get on TV and shoot the events we need with a legendary documentary camera. My time line for the larger studio camera will be HDV as the price should come down from the present 60,000 for the large ones and fall somewhere above the 5,000 for the consumer ones. We should purchase it in two years just in time for another quantum lep to new technology.....hehehehe..... Once again the up side is all the buggs are worked out and the price is right..... Now you know why I only buy the best professional equipment and why I bought that huge and expensive tripod with dolly.....we need it for the larger studio camera.....

I just have to tune up my speech and start to practice. We also have to card up Dan's questions and will probably do this in another day as the others chime in with their own input toward our intital list of questions. I will finally start to check the weather today and I know it is going to rain like the bugger on Saturday.....probably the tail end of the hurricane that is set to hit Florida again.....

When the going gets tough.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....if anyone is interested..... I passed my emissions test, but it was not the blow-out it was in previous years, but it was not a close call either. Anyway, this is less presure on me now , but I found a nail in my driver's side front tire - so the fates are still at me as we speak.

I spent the morning fliming around "area three" and the sets we will do the most time in. I will have to view the film later and listen for ambient noise that comes from the train tracks and streets that pass along the east end off the park.

One more thing - the copyright for the book came in the mail this afternoon:

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update.....

North York Central Library

The remainder of yesterday was spent handing out some of our books to the local libraries. I placed no conditions on the ultimate destination of the books (either on the shelves or for sale), personally I think I am the only one really concentrating on this so if may have value to some; anyway, I have always had a soft spot for our libraries so the disposition is up to them.

Fairview Library
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more day till the day.....

The pressure is beginning to show on people as the moment approaches. I handle things by shooting some snooker (a form of pool) and may actually take a walk in the neighborhood tonight.

The Fortress TV Show is a show about the organization, but it is also a show about my philosophy regarding the masses really wanting access to the mass media. Some of the answers will be played out on Saturday. I should say that I love all the people that got involved with this project and I wish that all of them get what they wanted to achieve by signing up for this very unusual event.

This is "real" reality TV. The network shows are run by professionals at all levels and only the the people in front of the camera are amateurs.....and even that is open to question..... We here are more honest; this is the real deal. I am profoundly interested in what happens in the next few hours. Time is short though and I have not even begun to practice my speech - I suppose it will be one of these "read" speeches.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a copy of the speech I am going to make at the end of the show on Saturday:

Quote:
My Speech

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for showing up today at our first annual picnic.....

Even though our crowd is small, I am nevertheless proud and honored to be associated with such a fine group of dedicated people. I say this because you were the first who supported this organization when it was little more that an idea in our heads. That support has now grown into an organization that is now ready to take on the world.

For those of you who are new to our message; let me tell you who we are and what we represent.

Fortress Of Freedom.....is not a fortress of bricks and mortar, it is a fortress of the mind protecting our fundamental rights to free speech and freedom of thought. We believe these freedoms are absolute and are part of the defining nature of Mankind. But you may ask, on what basis do you rest all of these statements? Well, I believe the following analogy will put those questions to rest:

When a child first starts to speak; it does so on it's own and says what it can without prompting from it's parents. When a child begins to move about and explore the world, it does so own it's own without looking for parental permission. The child does whatever comes to it's mind and the parents have to slowly teach the child what is permissable to say and what parts of the child's world are safe to explore. However, what we need to note is that the child starts speaking and exploring and moving about by itself without looking for any permission from it's parents. And because this comes from within without prompting, I deem them to be part of human nature. Because our first response is to speak whatever comes to mind and to move whenever we feel the urge; these parts of human nature should be looked as rights. Since these are the natural activities that humans do without prompting; I believe people are happiest in this state. Therefore, we at this organization, protect these rights - specifically - freedom of speech and freedom of thought, as the two are irrevocably linked to each other.

We protect these freedoms of speech and thought by supporting free speech through our two organizations and corporations.

Fortress Of Freedom is a corporation devoted to bringing the mass media to the masses. It is the mechanism our members use when they have no other source to broadcast their message to the world at large. We support free speech through our very accessible web site called fortressoffreedom.com, our news paper called: The Fortress, and through our publishing company, radio access and television productions. By being a multi-facetted media company available to all.....we really do bring the mass media to the masses; and wrestle the organs of mass persuasion from the wealthy few.....

International Archiving of Independent Journalists is a corporation devoted to validating and verifying anyone who wishes to be a journalist. We support the idea of a free press by verifying and validating anyone in the world as a journalist, who meet our liberal standards of at least one quality report broadcast to the world at large. As verified and validated journalists, these members fall under international protections afforded journalists whether or not their particular countries endorse this designation. We are particularly interested in validating and verifying people in the third world who do not have free speech and a free press enshrined in their country's constitution. People become a journalist simply by using our media company called Fortress Of Freedom to broadcast their news to their fellow citizens. And because we allow anyone - anywhere - to become a member and qualify them by such liberal standards.....free speech for our journalists means FREE SPEECH FOR ALL!

This is a grass roots movement and we are supported by nobody other than the ordinary folk you see before you. We are everyone and we are concerned about the erosion of free speech and freedom of thought in our world and the future world of our children. So we now act as the advocates of free speech and thought to the movers and shakers of this world. Every journey begins with one small step.....and we have taken that step today. Thank You!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night was spent carding questions for Dan:

The Logos on the right were some large ones Pet made for me with the book cover. I am going to try to use these as a "front" for the TV stand when I "read" my speech. It will not exactly be the Presidential seal.....but I am proud to have the images under my face!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day approaches.....

Too much going on here to list. But I have prepared as best I could; and now I can only react to the project I created. It is easier on me now as I do not have to make decisions that may be right or wrong; those have already been made, all I can do is react.....it is easier.....

Each project gets harder and harder but the rewards are there. The Fortress TV Show is no exception. By design the show can't fail as it is reality TV. Only my theories of the nature of Man and free speech and thought hang in the balance of this experiment of ours.

I have gone very grey over the last week and I am sure it is from the "show". Nothing comes without it's price and you only live once.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: