Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Our First I.A.I.J. Campaign!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Our First I.A.I.J. Campaign! Reply with quote

Our First I.A.I.J. Campaign!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Journalist and IAIJ Founder - Maurice Ali

With all the recent activity of the last few days, one can easily forget the real reason this venue was created: To ensure free speech and free thought! Our most obvious example of that resides in the free press.

International Archiving Of Independent Journalists Inc. (or IAIJ) is a corporation devoted to archiving journalists by our very liberal standards and thus ensuring a journalist will never be stripped of that designation. Since our inception over six months ago, we have developed into a very real news gathering organization and support group. It is therefore, our time to make good on our constitution and promote our values of validation and verifying journalists via "third party" - especially those in restrictive communities that do not support a "free press".

Our first campaign will therefore be directed at Robert Mugabe's restrictive press laws in the country of Zimbabwe. Ever since 2002; Mugabe's regime has decided who will have the designation and ability to broadcast the "news". Since these onerous laws were in place; one of Zimbabwe's largest newspapers has been shut down and many journalists have been deported. It is this situation for which I.A.I.J. Inc. was created.

By unanimous vote by our provisional board of directors; International Archiving Of Independent Journalists Inc. will embark on it's first membership campaign aimed at archiving expatriate and sympathetic journalists that support a free press in Zimbabwe; and it is my duty as "Founder" to announce our position and method of action in this campaign. This will be a long and involved campaign; but if we stay at it, I truly believe that our organization can have a positive impact and thus fulfill the objectives of our constitution. Every journey begins with that one first step.....and we have just taken it.

Maurice Ali - FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

Comments And Discussion
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: