Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress - Critical Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: The Fortress - Critical Review Reply with quote

This thread will be used for critical review of our first issue of The Fortress Newspaper.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I get into a critical review; I should tell you that I was delivering papers to the libraries around Toronto. I even had a read at one library and enjoyed it Laughing . I actually was placing it in front of people and planned to hide and see people pick it up.....but I just could not bring myself to do it.....

I have to step back and see what we just did. Looks good and it is surprising just how good it is..... A newspaper without advertising, where else do you find that?
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our biggest problems in our first paper was the pictures. We had to take the shots mostly at night (because it was winter) and using really cheap cameras. I have addressed this problem by getting a better camera, though shooting with a 56 dollar camera at press gatherings was kind of cool.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
One of our biggest problems in our first paper was the pictures. We had to take the shots mostly at night (because it was winter) and using really cheap cameras. I have addressed this problem by getting a better camera, though shooting with a 56 dollar camera at press gatherings was kind of cool.....

Do you really want to be like all the other papers?
jose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous Proxy ? What's that ? In most cases, general purposes proxy servers ( from proxy list ) do inform the target server about the address of the computer that made the request, transmitting the IP-address and other personal information to the website. But among different kinds of proxy servers ( from proxy list ) there are so called anonymous proxy servers ( from proxy list ) that can hide your IP address, which is a unique ID assigned to identify your location, as well as many other personal information, thereby saving you from vulnerabilities related to it.: http://www.checkproxy.net
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose wrote:
Anonymous Proxy ? What's that ? In most cases, general purposes proxy servers ( from proxy list ) do inform the target server about the address of the computer that made the request, transmitting the IP-address and other personal information to the website. But among different kinds of proxy servers ( from proxy list ) there are so called anonymous proxy servers ( from proxy list ) that can hide your IP address, which is a unique ID assigned to identify your location, as well as many other personal information, thereby saving you from vulnerabilities related to it.: http://www.checkproxy.net

What, no Clebrex links..... Anyways, I find that whole cloak and dagger stuff kind of pointless. With Echelon and other entities, you are found out no matter what anyways. I have had discussions before about how to hide and stuff.....but the only effective way to act as an advocacy group for freedom of expression is by openness.....simple as that. the demonstration of openness and access to the mass media is all that it takes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: