Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress - Basic Goals And Decisions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
Now the crucial test:

Test2

Hey Kids - You just witnessed one big moment. It is a success! The newspaper has now been assured. My work today is done.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next test will be the quality of our pictures in grey scale.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just secured the domain:

thefortressnewspaper.com

Probably a waste of money but.....you never know.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a much needed rest yesterday; and now it is back to work. Immediate attention is to be payed to updating the old stories and presenting a formal welcome by me to the new readership. After that, I will settle on the final page format and then start to transcribe the stories onto the pages. More later, and I welcome all comments and suggestions - for those not on "Spring Break".
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided that we will print on eleven by seventeen inch paper (i.e. 22 by 17 inch sheet) to make the paper actually look like a paper. This may cost more and involve more hassle - but it must look like a genuine paper and not a booklet. I have been warned about going to this size.....but what the hell.....you only live once.

We will also have to go with one hundred percent sizing of the pdf files to reduce cost on the paper printing.....that is about it for now.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Welcome to the first issue of the fortress! My name is Maurice Ali, and I am the founder of this newspaper and the creator of the venues which gave birth to this newspaper. The venues are Fortress Of Freedom and International Archiving of Independent Journalists ( www.fortressoffreedom.com and www.iaij.com - respectively). These websites are freedom of speech and thought advocacy websites. Their goal is to secure freedom of speech and thought for the ordinary citizen before it is taken away in the next few years. But how is this accomplished?

We intend to keep freedom of speech and thought alive by giving back the mass media to the people. Remember that in mass media; free speech only belongs to the wealthy few.....and what the mass media broadcasts is quite often the unconscious influence that affects the way we think. Therefore; we will use these principles to enable our members to broadcast in the mass media - securing freedom of speech - and say what they think is important to them - securing freedom of thought. Quite simple really.....when you think about it.

The Fortress - is one of several ways we shall give the ordinary citizen their say in what they consider news. This newspaper is an amateur effort, but I would not have it any other way. The people here have day jobs and have to interview and photograph at night. They have obligations that keep them from some stories and keep the stories they write out of date. Yet, I admire them all for what they have accomplished! These are regular people like yourself that are taking back there self-evident rights to tell their fellow citizens what they feel is important in their lives. You will also not see any advertising in this first issue, no advertising means no commercial influence in what we wish to write. Please appreciate what we are trying to do here, and why our paper looks the way it does. This is what we are about.

So please enjoy what our paper has to offer, and we offer it to you free of charge, and only ask that you endorse our beliefs by reading it and/or joining our organization if you wish. I thank you for your time.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the revised front page on the new elevent by seventeen inch format:

The Fortress Page 1
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is page 2:

The Fortress Page 2

Here is page 3:

The Fortress Page 3
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The home stretch!

Sue and pop_fire - here is you copoy to look at and make suggestions for changes. Most images have been left out which is why it is only ten pages other parts are incomplete and will be worked on as we go along.

The Fortress - Edit Edition

These files are enormous - so save them on to your computer. You can make suggestions on this forum or by PM. You have intill the end of Friday to make them as I will start placing images in the text.
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion is that the most recent stories and interview by pops fire are put in the front of the paper and you ditch the Conrad Black story
pops_fire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: The home stretch! Reply with quote

I agree with Sue about the most recent stories being at the front (if that isn't a nightmare to reconfigure). It's coming together...looking forward to see the
images accompany the words. At the beginning or the end of the newspaper save space for letters to The Fortress.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will follow through with the suggestions. It is easy to move around things withouth photos.....after they are in we get problems.

Also, it looks like we will be using "sheet fed lithography" as the printing process.....unless anyone else has a better idea.....
Sue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my ideas for the order of contents on the news stories in the The Fortress :

Front page - as it is with the collage of photos

Your introduction

The anti - war protest reports
Pops_fire's interview with the Iranian

Freenet report

Zahavas poem

A mix of the other reports and Zahavas other poem

Intermingled should be advertising for IAIJ and the website and
various(relevant) photos

Thats what I have so far - what do you think ?
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down to the wire..... 12:01AM March27 and the paper gets finalized.

My time.....that is Laughing
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final drafting of our paper has begun - once again, thanks to all who have helped in getting us to this point. I have taken one week off from work to make sure this paper gets done on time. This has turned out to be the right move as the initial rearranging of reports has shown us just how daunting a task this is going to be. However, that is my concern; back to work.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: