Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress: 2015 Edition is Published!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: The Fortress: 2015 Edition is Published! Reply with quote

The Fortress: 2015 Edition is Published!

By Maurice Ali

The 2015 edition of The Fortress is now published. We rushed to finish the publication before the New Year and we made it. What happens next is that we will print a run of the periodical early in the New Year and distribute it to universities around the Toronto area as usual. Yes that ugly bar code is there for a reason; as The Fortress is a real publication with its own ISSN number which is what that bar code represents.

Physically printing The Fortress is very much now a personal project I have kept alive from the start of our organization. The articles and stories and announcements are all already available on our websites. The periodical is distributed for those who have not found us on the web yet, and to honor the old idea of the press actually being the printing press. Printing the publication and distributing it is more work than you can imagine. But it reminds us how important it was to get the news out to the population before the internet and why it was so important back then. I am from before the internet and having a physical manifestation of the work we do is important to me. We actually have a magazine rack of past newspapers and magazines we printed and there is a stack of newsprint up to the ceiling that I call my monument to the press!

When we have collected our run of The Fortress, we will do what we always do and show you where we left our humble little paper for people to enjoy!

IAIJ INC. - FORTRESS of FREEDOM INC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> The Fortress - Newspaper/Books/Magazines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: