Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
OSPCA Protest In Newmarket!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: OSPCA Protest In Newmarket! Reply with quote

OSPCA Protest In Newmarket!

By Maurice Ali

Newmarket, Canada - May 15, 2010 - For the preceding few days pet owners and pet lovers converged on OSPCA (Ontario Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Animals) pet shelter located in Newmarket. The reason for this protest was the planned euthanasia of up to 350 dogs and other animals infected with "Ring Worm." TV news stations and newspapers show many protesters with signs pressing their case that the animals be spared. So I decided to see this for myself on Saturday morning about two days after the story really broke.

OSPCA shelter in Newmarket!

Coming up on the shelter you are impressed with the large area and expensive buildings of the shelter, then you notice the security guards surrounding the property. The next thing that hit me was that there were no protesters that I could see. And this was almost 10:00AM in the morning. I pulled to the side of the road and decided to check out the situation.

The security force on the grounds!

I was wrong, there was one protestor! Her name is Lynn from Newmarket. She had some "hearsay" stories about animal care at the shelter and some personal concerns. But no direct personal injury that I could substantiate and print here. Nevertheless, she was concerned about the massive euthanasia and was there to make the point. The only response I could get from OSPCA was the automated messages on their telephone system.

Protestor Lynn from Newmarket!

One of the ways I judge a cause is by how many people are still there after the "big time" media journalists leave. At this protest we see that it is in fact very weak. There was a presence but only marginally so. In the end the shelter backed off on the massive euthanasia and is now taking a case by case approach to the animals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: