Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Life And Times Of Don - TV Show!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: The Life And Times Of Don - TV Show! Reply with quote

I am starting this so as to keep people informed on the status of Don's show - The Life And times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur - as we ramp things up and head off into the plastic world of TV land.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, today I try to fix our big screen monitor..... The is the reality of video production - FOF Style! Thanks for listening.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumping myself up for the final execution of Don's show.....

I am buoyed by the fact that I seem to be an ok editor. The fact that I actually had members of The National Film Board Of Canada critiquing my work and taking the time to do it along with the head lady spending an hour with me and giving us support is something I have to remember. That does not happen to the average joe. Like Justin at Flow telling me that nobody - but me - gets to waltz in there and talk like I do to him and the program manager....just this thing I have about me.....hehehehehe..... It is just that some projects fly so fast and I can't seem to go back and create a better version without really pushing myself. Man, Nawlins took less than 40 minutes to shoot and one hour of editing. Indie band was one hour downtown with stock footage and under two hours to edit. 10 half hour episodes so far, and I am carrying an audience for a season of thirteen shows. Twilight zone.....

I have been preoccupied with empire building - lately - and we now have the organizational structure to take us the rest of the way. Stress levels are way back down and physically I am 100 percent - I am capable of pushing things much further and think I can do this at the highest levels; and sorry but I don't think I am bragging anymore - I believe it. It would be nice if I actually get the time to do something creative along the way. There is nobody else qualified - at FOF - to do the things I have been doing the last few weeks so it is me. We are still in the game.....

EDIT:: Please note that when I talk about ability, I am not talking about competence - the editor who helped me with the audio on The Fortress TV Show was a ten year veteran and - I believe - worked on the X-files. I am a newbie, so I am just talking about ability to piece together a story, that is the hard part, cleaning things up with some special effects and 3D graphics can be done by anyone so trained..... But you are what your are by the people you associate with and with me it goes to both extremes, but I can get an audience with truly talented people, so there is hope.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the disorganizaed mess this section is, just too much gong on.....

In other news - and I know some of you always want updates on this - all I can say is that Don's show looks like it may have a slot at Canada's largest TV broadcaster. That is all I will say now.

I just don't want it to go like our first show with me rushing around at the last minute and handing out flyers to let people know when it airs. Thinking back that was a great experience, but not very professional - but great stuff nonetheless.....
MORE VISION

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Announcement On Sunday

By JL Meneses, Account Executive: MORE VISION

JL Meneses

We will have big news regarding Don's show "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur! But you will have to wait till Sunday!

Donald Brasseur
MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life And Times" On CTV's "A" Channel: July 26 At 10:30AM!

By Johnna Meneses, Account Executive: MORE VISION Inc.

Johnna Meneses

The MORE VISION Corporation and Fortress Of Freedom Inc. along with IAIJ Inc. are excited to announce that the thirty minute documentary "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur" will air on CTV's "A" Channel on July 26, 2009! The documentary chronicles the life of WW2 D-Day Campaign Veteran and world-class Harmonica Musician: Donald Brasseur! CTV television Inc. is Canada's largest network covering the country with transmitter tower terrestrial television and a multitude of cable channels. Our documentary will air on CTV's "A" Channel formerly know as CKVR. As stated before, the broadcast will air on Sunday morning at 10:30 to 11:00AM.

CTV Studios in Toronto!

The show was produced by Maurice Ali for Fortress Of Freedom Inc. (a media company based in Toronto, Canada with an office in London, England) and distributed by MORE VISION Inc. (an advertising company based in Toronto and London, England). The documentary was over two years in the making and involved a small army of people. It is now that I would like to present a message of thanks by Maurice Ali:

Maurice Ali, Producer: "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur" wrote:

A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED!

Maurice Ali

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who made this documentary possible. The first person I would like to thank is Donald Brasseur himself. The WW2 D-Day Campaign Veteran and world-class Harmonica Musician led a life that defined the 20th Century and the ending of Vaudeville. He is the reason for this documentary!

Donald "Boots" Brasseur

Next is Ainsley Wronski, a published journalist and editor of our own Fortress Newspaper. Ainsley hosted the documentary and helped in research. Much thanks to you Ainsley!

Ainsley Wronski

These are the people in front of the camera, however there is an group of people behind the production that make it all happen. They are the ones that appear on the closing credits of the program often passed by the viewers. But they are the ones that made the program a reality! So here is that list of talented and creative people who were involved in the making of "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur":

Screen Credits - The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur"

Directed By: Maurice Ali

Technical Director: Michael Atkinson

Host: Ainsley Wronski

Edited By: Maurice Ali

Cameraman: Maurice Ali

Key Grip: Shane Murphy

Gaffer: Ryan Robichaud

Narration: Maurice Ali

Administration:Samantha Blackwell

Musical Artists:

Donald "Boots" Brasseur

Sound Track:

My Broken Heart And I: By Donald Brasseur
Produced By Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

Special thanks to CTV Television Inc./A Channel-Toronto

Videotaped in DVCAM and HDCAM digital video.

Filmed on location in Toronto and at Fortress Of Freedom Studios in Toronto.

Edited on AVID editing solutions.

Logistical help via Fortress Of Freedom Inc. and the MORE VISION Inc.

Produced By: Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

Copyright 2008 By Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

We will update things as the count down to air date occurs. What follows are some websites involved in this documentary including Donald Brasseur's own website.

Donald "Boots" Brasseur's music can also be purchased on iTunes!

http://donaldbrasseur.com
http://fortressoffreedom.com
http://morevision.ca
http://iaij.org

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracelyn Angeles To Perform In Radio Ad!

By Emily Smith, Manager: MORE VISION Inc.

The MORE VISION advertising company is pleased to announce that Gracelyn Angeles has agreed to participate in our next radio advertisement! The radio advertisement will be about the coming air date for the television show called "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur." "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur" is a thirty minute documentary on the life of WW2 D-Day Campaign Veteran and world-class Harmonica Musician Donald Brasseur! The broadcast will occur on July 26 at 10:30AM on CTV's "A" Channel (Channel 20 on Rogers and over the air on CKVR out of Barrie). We already have a broadcaster in mind but will wait until the contract is signed.

Gracelyn Angeles

My first radio ad was five years ago and aired on CKLN for a month. That was my first exposure to advertising and as a seventeen year old is was an interesting experience. All I will say to you Gracelyn, is that you should take advantage of these opportunities and have some fun. Not everyone gets to hear their voice on the radio and one opportunity leads to another.

How time flies, it is almost six years since I first started working with Maurice modeling his press card. That is what I thought about when I saw that photo of Gracelyn above. Good luck Gracelyn!

Here I am at 17 years of age (2003)!

Here I am recording our first radio advertisement!

MORE VISION: FOR ALL YOUR ADVERTISING NEEDS!
MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel Options For Viewing "Life And Times!"

Emily Smith, Manager: MORE VISION

"A TRUE CANADIAN STORY!"

"A TRUE CANADIAN HERO!"

CAN BE SEEN ON:

CKVR CHANNEL 3 (VHF) IN CENTRAL ONTARIO

ROGERS - CHANNEL 20 (CENTRAL ONTARIO ONLY)

BELL EXPRES VU - CHANNEL 219 (COAST-TO-COAST)

STAR CHOICE - 346 (COAST-TO-COAST)

ROGERS MARITIMES (NEWFOUNDLAND AND NEW BRUNSWICK) - CHANNEL 136

PRODUCED BY FORTRESS OF FREEDOM INC. / DISTRIBUTED BY MORE VISION INC.

MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life And Times" AD On CIUT!

By Emily Smith, Manager: MORE VISION Inc.

Emily Smith

The MORE VISION Corporation is proud to announce that we will air twelve spots on CIUT (89.5 on the FM Dial) to advertise the upcoming broadcast of Don's show "The Life And Times Of Donald Boots Brasseur!"

The times will be listed below:

Schedule:
Wednesday July 15: 7 & 7:30am
Friday July 17: 7 & 7:30am
Monday July 20: 7 & 7:30am
Tuesday July 21: 7 & 7:30am
Wednesday July 22: 7 & 7:30am
Friday July 24: 7 & 7:30am

Graceyn (announcer in the commercial) holds a copy of the contract!

We have a clip of that first ad played on CIUT and here it is:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Boots_Radio_Ad.wma

You can also hear the ad on Rogers 946 and Star Choice 826 nation wide in addition to 89.5 in Toronto and on the web:

Listen On-Line at: http://www.ciut.fm

This is the first broadcast project for Gracelyn, an Actress and Model living in the Toronto area. And from all of us at this organization: Good job Gracelyn!

Another shot of Gracelyn!

MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Promotion For "Life And Times!"

By Maurice Ali, Producer: "The Life And Times Of Donald "Boots" Brasseur"

Can you spot our flyer.....

We have completed the final promotions for Don's Show. The "Radio ads still continue at CIUT at the scheduled times below. I also have a photo of the radio station. That house is on some very expensive property in downtown Toronto, and easily bests the floor rentals of some of the big stations in the city:

CIUT Offices and Studios!

As show in the first photo, the last thing we did was to blitz college information boards with our own flyer. It may not make much difference in viewers - But it is just so cool to actually post with all those other cool underground and above ground venues!

I love this photo with the "Save the Sara Jane Chronicles!" It is just too funny and cool!

The MORE VISION Corporation is proud to announce that we will air twelve spots on CIUT (89.5 on the FM Dial) to advertise the upcoming broadcast of Don's show "The Life And Times Of Donald Boots Brasseur!"

The times will be listed below:

Schedule:
Wednesday July 15: 7 & 7:30am
Friday July 17: 7 & 7:30am
Monday July 20: 7 & 7:30am
Tuesday July 21: 7 & 7:30am
Wednesday July 22: 7 & 7:30am
Friday July 24: 7 & 7:30am

We have a clip of that first ad played on CIUT and here it is:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/Boots_Radio_Ad.wma

You can also hear the ad on Rogers 946 and Star Choice 826 nation wide in addition to 89.5 in Toronto and on the web:

Listen On-Line at: http://www.ciut.fm

Anyway, we are in final count down to Don's show.

MORE VISION

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Info On CTV/A Channel!

Emily Smith, Manager: MORE VISION Inc.

Here are some screen shots of CTV's A Channel converage and general information:

And more information about our show!

"A TRUE CANADIAN STORY!"

"A TRUE CANADIAN HERO!"

CAN BE SEEN ON:

CKVR CHANNEL 3 (VHF) IN CENTRAL ONTARIO

ROGERS - CHANNEL 20 (CENTRAL ONTARIO ONLY)

BELL EXPRES VU - CHANNEL 219 (COAST-TO-COAST)

STAR CHOICE - 346 (COAST-TO-COAST)

ROGERS MARITIMES (NEWFOUNDLAND AND NEW BRUNSWICK) - CHANNEL 136

PRODUCED BY FORTRESS OF FREEDOM INC. / DISTRIBUTED BY MORE VISION INC.

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, July 24, 2009

I visited Don yesterday and he is in good spirits and good to go for Sunday. We went over the contracts with CTV and CIUT and I handed over some flyers for friends and family. We are finally here and it seemed like it took forever.

Anyway, here is an updated pic of our talented "problem child": BUTTONZ!

BUTTONZ
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this turned out to be an interesting day. Starts off with me not feeling particularly well. I really don't want to come down with anything at times like this but the stress weakens you. Anyway, I decide to catch up on things and talked to the ACTRA (referred from the national office to the Toronto office) people about using ACTRA Apprentice union people. They, as expected, read me the riot act but I expected that. But we are going ahead and making our first tentative steps to using ACTRA talent, just another step in the growth of the organization.

Then I had to hand in Willis's licenses back to CMRRA, I had the time so I just drove down there and parked illegally at 56 Wellesley Street West (Bay and Wellesley) in downtown Toronto. My cell phone goes off, and would you know it, CTV is on the line telling me they can't find the contract and the show will not be aired without it! This happens as I am entering the building to CMRRA at about quarter to four on a Friday - could they have timed it any closer to the last minute! This had me bitching and whining to the guys at that office (CMRRA) and asking them where I could go to a printer to get the incoming contract and fax it back to CTV. Everyone seemed pretty interested in this "drama" and actually helped me out with proper directions to Trucopy on Bay Street (Yes, it has come to that..... Me doing business on Bay Street.....). I find the place and wait for the contract. The contract comes through and I forward it to the printer's e-mail, sign it and fax it back to CTV. The funny part is the printer stepped out and I had to retrieve the e-mail from the store's account and print it off myself as the girl there did not know how to do it! I get the confirming e-mail and then another one to confirm that the distributor was MORE VISION Inc. (the Producer was Fortress Of Freedom Inc.). Man!

My Blackberry with e-mail information blanked out!

Above you will see my e-mail log with the exchange. Note why I love Blackberry smart phones, the thing works and is reliable. The e-mails came though instantly and never lets me down. Today was critical and the device worked - Bravo! Anyway, the contract was now in my hands and it says the show is Non-Pre-emptible, we shall see as I ain't taking anything for granted until I see our call sign hit the airwaves.

Here I am with the contract in my hands!

I kept checking the phone for the next half an hour just to make sure nothing else came up. Then I relaxed and walked around downtown looking at the beautiful women all over the place and getting rained on. The traffic was still a bastard, so I hung out and sipped on a Mocha Latte and Bannana Loaf at this Starbucks, once again on Bay Street. Then I made my "Escape from Downtown Toronto!"

So that was my day. Hopefully that is it from CTV but I will cross my fingers. We are not supposed to be doing this and not supposed to be doing it this way. So we are not fitting in perfectly with their way of doing things and that is why all the problems. Still the day had it's upside. I didn't realize it when I was trying to save the show. However after it was over I realized that I was acting like a "Big Shot" and everyone around me thought I ws a "Big Shot." What is funny is that I never thought about any of this but when I think back I was really acting like a genuine producer..... How did that happen?
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am e-mailing and contacting members. The hard part is that it is vacation season so some may not make it. Anyway the e-mailing will be done and equipment preparations for tomorrow and most of all learn to R E L A X .....If I can.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am taking is easy and recharging batteries on everything. Just waiting..... Arrangements have been made. I will do everything tomorrow morning as I like to be active rather than just wait around. This time is slightly different. I actually considered the idea of a no-play as opposed to play. We would probably get very favorable terms and play at the same time or better. Funny that I actually thought about this now that I have a contract that virtually locks us in with the no-pre-emption clause. I am starting to think like a businessman. But having said that, I should probably be happy we are on the air again and shut my mouth before I jinx us..... It is just that we have made it on network TV before, I kept thinking about this. Isn't that funny.....

No, the thing will play they won't give that one to me.

I am better at this second time around. It is becoming - I won't say normal - but, I am not as harassed as the first time. Yes things have changed.

I will go out for a walk though..... Just like last time.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: