Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Filming In The Dog Days Of Winter!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Filming In The Dog Days Of Winter! Reply with quote

Filming In The Dog Days Of Winter!

By Maurice Ali

ZOOM H4 on a tripod! This all in one audio tool can record stereo on its own and mount anywhere!

Yes it is the "dog days" of winter. I decided to take some time to shoot the introduction for the Fortress Experiment in my living room where it all began, and below you will see how I set up the shoot.

This was the general set up. I left our big shoulder mounted studio camera in the office and shot it with the PD170 and Canon HD camcorder. I put the ND fliter on the Sony and upped the lighting with two 500 watt lights for the HDV sensors to get the most out the of the set.

For the curious, here is our shoulder mounted dockable (but no 26 pin connection) camera. Dockable meas it can opperate many different ways. We primarily use it as a camera only and plumb the signal into miniDV or HDV recorders, depending on application. I use it for the manual lens and such that gives me the crispest image and best DOF (depth of focus) of the bunch; clearly used when I feel artistic.....

Here is a closeup of the two camcorders. The black one is the HD camcorder on a slightly better tripod and way better head..... The closeup is with the Sony and the regular shot is in 16:9 on the Canon. I could have gone to a three camera shoot with another perspective, but I could not be bothered at the time. Three camera shoots go with the girls as I need that redundancy to make sure I have a good shot as it is too hard to get them to come back to reshoot.....

This is a closeup of our Rode NGT-2 inside a Cavision zepplin and pistol grip mount mounted on a articulated mount of a studio tripod..... I can get away with a few feet with this shotgun microphone as well as getting a bit of the "hall effect" tht this type of pattern microphone creates indoors.

This was the money microphone I am relying on for indoor shoots. This is the Rode NT3 and is hidden behind a coffee table prop. This is a hyercarodoid and is as close to me as we can get and will pick up my voice and little else, in other words we will get excellent audio.....

I will probably insert a capture of me in action (overrated experience) later but that is what I am doing these days to punch up the productions. Most of what I do now is pure paperwork and wating for the government and big business to treat us like human beings and so on and so forth (you other small businessmen know what that means).

Here I am prattling about the experiment.....

This is me trying to look dignified, just a smidgen of grew in a suit with white shirt. the blue lights give me a crappy color to my skin and that pimple on my cheek is a temporary one, regular lighting makes me glow.....oh well, next thing you know I will be prattling about my good side.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: