Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
FOF Reaffirms Future Goal Of a Broadcasting Licence!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: FOF Reaffirms Future Goal Of a Broadcasting Licence! Reply with quote

FOF Reaffirms Future Goal Of a Broadcasting Licence!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc./MORE VISION/IAIJ

Maurice Ali, with the corporation's first short film!

Fortress Of Freedom first became a reality on October 3, 2003 just over four years ago. In remembrance of that date we have once again reaffirmed our intention of obtaining a broadcasting licence from the CRTC. In those four years we have immersed ourselves in all forms of the mass media:

The Fortress Newspaper was there from the start and another issue is due in November. With all the other activities on-going; we sometimes forget about the newspaper but it is always there and always a new issue. Presently Ainsley is editor of the paper and will remain so as I feel she is highly qualified for the position. In the next issue Ainsley wants some space allocated for sponsorship of some well known organizations! The free advertising for them and the endorsement of our paper by those organizations can only raise the prestige of our university based newspaper.

We now have two books under our belt and now in the National Archives. I am actively looking for the third book and the creative writer who needs the exposure.....

The record label is most active with nine CDs out there. I hope to keep the label producing and promoting talented artists who need the support and access to the media - a FOF specialty!

TV production is back at FOF. What was just a couple of shows and the movie is now looking like a standard series. We have quite simply surprised ourselves with the interesting and compelling television we have based on our desire to access all forms of the mass media!

Back to our quest for the broadcasting licence.....

It was back in 2004 when I first got interested in a broadcasting licence. I obtained an application, a successful application, for "The New FM." This application was huge and I spent over fifty dollars just xeroxing the thing. In the application was an extensive report from Eldon Engineering and the business plan for the station/broadcasting licence. There were several; stakeholders with an aggregate investment of 1.6 million to start the operation. Most interesting was the correspondence with the CRTC about the control of the station by shareholders of differing investments, the application was approved. It occurred to me at that time that I could do that..... So we fast forward to 2007 and the corporations and subsidiary companies - of FOF Group - have a book value of a few hundred thousand dollars. We now have the beginnings of the necessary seed money to attract venture capital and still hold a dominant position for a broadcasting application. I will say no more of the specifics of what type of application and such, just that the original dream is closer to reality.

CRTC office here in Toronto!

The New FM broadcasting application!

The bill for xeroxing of that application back in 2004!

Much of the application will depend on our on-going examination of access to the mass media and why an "accessible" broadcasting licence is needed. Every time we meet resistance in getting our artists or TV shows the air; it just fuels my argument to the CRTC that we are the ones to be granted a broadcasting licence. I do all this because of my love of mankind and our creative abilities that I believe are best served with ready access to the mass media. Creativity with expression to the community at large is the best way to promote creative ideas and have them eventually become part of the fabric of our culture. Fortress Of Freedom, is there to make the mass media become an organ of society that helps creativity and genius flourish, rather than diminish society and our culture. Our goals are altruistic and good, or methods are transparent and fair. We are here to stay!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: