Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend..... Reply with quote

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend.....

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Guys do get attaqched to their cars. The same way women generally feel about clothing, men generally feel about cars. The car is an extension fo their personality. Here at FOF Corp., I have devoted all of my money to making the companies viable. That means that I had to keep my car longer than usual and keep whatever money coming in spent on the essentials.

The Mustang In Action - During filming of "Real Life!."

The car in question is a Mustang LX 5.0. This was the typical "muscle car" of my youth with the big V8 and 148mph top speed! In the 1980's, this was the car to get if you were a young man with any blood running through your veins. I dated women in that car, made love in that car, raced a zillion cars in that thing (politically incorrect now.....). They were fast and the first Mustang 5.0 (totalled after five months) was the fastest. No options, no even a radio, the thing couold blow anything on the road away...except the Corvettes. This was especially true on uneven road at stoplights. With a little more torque and fully independent susupension with the fatter tires the Corvetee could drive away from the Mustang and pull away on even road. Any other car - though - was fair game for the Mustang.

The interior (Which can handle an 8 foot backdrop for the studio!).

Sadly, after 19 yearsw and 400,00 KM with virtually no rust; the car was beginning to die on me. Little things that would add up and the preminitions of bigger things to come made the farwell necessary (I will list them here at a later time). What to replace it with? The options wer limited as all money goes to FOF. I would piece by piece replace things as it fell off the car if I had to. Anyway, fate stepped in and my dad wanted to buy a new Buick Enclave. My mother dropped the hint that I could have the old Buick Roadmaster if I wanted it (I say yay to myself when I heard this). Anyway, I could not sell the car to an ordinary citizen as it would never pass the safty certification. So I tried the mechanics, only two were interested and only one, a kid, tried it out.

The kid was a new mchanic that wanted a Mustang to turn into a racer. Slowly he started to find our what was wrong, and I never heard from him again. I finally went to a Mustang parts and restorer who paid me salvage plus for the car (as the body was in excellent shape). I took ownership of the Buick and that was that.

The Buick Roadmaster!

The Buick Roadmaster is a dinasaur with it's 5.7 litre HO engine (from the Camaro) going through the rear wheels. The last of the trans-continental V8 cruisers. Put a better suspension and speed rated tires and turn off the speed governers, and that car should top out over 150mph (not that the typical owner wants to do that). The car can also "burn rubber" if you know what I mean..... However, most owners would get funny looks from everyone if one were to do that..... There is no sense kidding myself, I am driving a "old man" car. The young girls no longer look at me like when they did in the Mustang (and before they saw I was an old man). You are invisible in these things. Finally, yes I am driving a "Woody" (There, I said it.....).

The interior: fully loaded with heated leather seats!

The Mustang is now a memory and another message that my youth, or what is left of it, has passed me by. I could in the future by a sports car, but then I would only look like any other middle-age guy reliving his youth maybe with some young bimbo in the passenger seat - you arn't fooling anyone in that situation..... So ends my relationship with the best car I ever owned.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: