Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Abuse Of Health Care

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jennifer H.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: The Abuse Of Health Care Reply with quote

The Abuse Of Health Care

By Jennifer H., Journalist

I pay taxes and so do you. We pay taxes when we make money, and we pay taxes when we spend money. This money goes to pay for several services that we are fortunate to have in this country. One of these services is the health care that we have provided for us. However, there are people out who abuse this service. Granted, I believe that people do not necessarily do this intentionally, but it happens none the less.

First and foremost, I would like to make it completely clear that my frustration comes from paying taxes (and at the end of the year, that adds up to quite a bit of coin) and not using the services. I know that there are situations that are beyond our control (car accidents and most cancers, to name a few) and I am incredibly grateful to have those services there just in case. However, there are many people out there who do not take care of themselves, thereby increasing the need for health care, thereby increasing our taxes.

Some of these people include smokers, the obese, and reckless individuals who think that they should model their lives off of the inspiring Jackass movie. How often do you try to encourage someone to make healthier choices, either by eating right or even wearing a helmet, just to be blown off with the comment “it’s my life”. Well guess what? It’s my money! When you smoke and need a lung transplant, I’m paying! When you take your motorcycle helmet off for a quick ride in a field, I’m paying for it. When you develop diabetes by being overweight, I’m footing the bill.

We should not be living in fear all the time. We should not be living in a bubble, but we should be using common sense. Have one donut instead of a dozen. Wear a helmet when biking. Quit smoking. Your life will improve, and my wallet will expand. Hopefully.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: