Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Some Important Changes At Fortress Of Freedom!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Some Important Changes At Fortress Of Freedom! Reply with quote

Some Important Changes At Fortress Of Freedom!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

One of our original models: Corra with our first newspaper!

It was in the back of my mind for some time, and now I will act. Yesterday we had a post that clearly qualified as a free speech issue and I sent it to our staff room for evaluation. If the post is genuine I will have to let it air even though is it controvercial (though not that controversial as you may think.....). I hesitated in action because I was concerned about controversy and launching the record label and possible applications to the Government Of Canada and such. Also, people are getting confused about what we are doing here as most html pages point to the newspaper free speech issue while the php forums are now almost exclusively entertainment.

All are a part of the FOF philosophy, but it has come time to formalize things a bit. IAIJ.com has been around for a few years, we have forums on the site for mostly emergency use. I will be placing our news items on that site from now on and also on the FOF site, only truly controversial items may be left out of the FOF forums as it has taken a more light hearted approach lately. The IAIJ forums will remain true to the original philosophy of the journalist credo. The motto went there from FOF ('Stronghold Of Free Speech And Freedom Of Thought') and FOF became: "Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses."

I kept the old pages around to remind me of why I am doing all this, I still know why. It is time to make IAIJ grow into what it should be as I envisioned it - A safe haven for journalists to tell the news to their fellow citizens. We will start to promote more international news also as this was our biggest problem to attaining media accreditation with the U.N. - This will help address that issue and keep those dreams alive.

There was also talk of changing logos and such, but the original logo was born of our of concern about free speech/thought and Pet's logo is simply fantastic! We are in the first stages of applying for a trademark for that very logo. So both corporate logos will stay as originally designed.

We also had cause for celebration today as I see we got our first royalty payment from SOCAN as music publishers! I should note that the vast majority of members never see a penny, so this first payment is significant. I believe that this also means that Dave Getchell has become the first member of FOF to get royalties and is now actually earning a living from his music - Congratulations Dave Getchell. As I see it, Shane Murphy should become the second musican when the next payout occurs. Wow, we really have a record company now!

I do all this because FOF has become more than I thought it could be. With growth comes specialization in our group of media entities. Exciting times ahead and opportunities for those individuals who wish to help us on this little journey we are on.....

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: "BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: