Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who said I don’t post selfies lately, where here you go:

Me in a hoodie? Yup!

That is me today unretouched. In the full length pic I didn’t even think to suck in my gut (probably because I’m fairly fit right now). Anyway that is me today. Next year this time I will be the big 60! I don’t look it and I certainly don’t feel it - so what gives? Well my optometrist told me when I was 50 that I had the eyes of a 43 years old. He just looked at me as he handed my prescription and mentioned that. So I go with my biological age being 52 now and my chronic logical age being 59.

Me in 2018.....

What has this to do with anything? Well it means I probably have the years to do what I have to do. I was pretty single minded about this advocacy for humanity. But I did take from 28-35 for dating and marriage and buy the house and playing husband and wife. If I got those years back so then you literally could not do this any faster than I have done! My guess is that there may be a handful of people in your position to make the play to focus humanity on their future direction. For me I was there for the genesis of what should be the beginnings of true AI. Most of those are too old to do anything that were in the industry when Qubits were born. The others are too young and were not there at the beginning. I was in my early twenties and so I was there at the beginning and will be there probably for the birth of AI. So it is sort of on me now. Add to that my father was into this and taught computer science at the time. Well then, my mission is in front of me. Remember, it is not all about AI, just that as technology replaces the humdrum jobs, well then humans are just going to have to use more of their minds to stay vital and important in their societies. My positive mandate for humanity works perfectly in this realm.

It is simple and straightforward. It is on people like me to make the plays and try to set humanity up for this new age of technology. You have to commit every fiber of your being to this advocacy. That means no family, not kids, and only worry about the issues and make the plays! I seem to belong in that camp. I still have not been wowed by others I know are better than myself. So I have to act personally. I’m up for it, and I created organizations to give means to the venues that matter, I’m healthy and really the Fates have set it up for the clash of philosophies to battle it out. That is what is happening now.

And that is what is going on in my mind at this moment.....

Later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s a long weekend and I had to check up on all cards and bank accounts so today was the day.....

If you have to do real on-site banking you do in on a Saturday on a long weekend as the lineups are almost non-existent. Anyways I spent much of the day checking on things and making sure all the cards worked and that was about it till now. I also am checking all our on-line sales distributors and all that. Saturday is all business for me. Sunday is Thanksgiving but in-between we post that Fortress distribution thing I keep promising. I’m the kind of guy who takes on a job and closes it off as I don’t want it lingering and cluttering up my mind so The Fortress post is getting done. And on it goes.

What else. Everyone around me is getting older. Most have your typical life with a family even if dysfunctional. Me I’m not like them, but maybe a sadder example. After all I have done it still can amount to nothing. You look at the world passing by and wonder how much more time humanity has? And that all you have done may mean nothing in the end. Sure you will make the plays and hope someone gives you a voice, but is that a sum total for a life? To get anywhere you have to be like me but what do you end up if it goes nowhere! Anyway that is what I was thinking about today as I waited in line at one bank to check out my password that had given them (not me) problems. There may be no God, and there may be no Fates. And what if it was all just nonsense, or chaotic blather outside of these mental constructs we live in? Well then we may as well protect them as that is all we have. Mental constructs made by people who answer to no one but themselves and their moral imperatives, and they get very little in return. No family and all that - just whatever they put into it , whatever else happens is not up to them. That is the truth that we can be sure of. Outside those walls is pure chaos and the only thing that matters out there is survival. Justice, safety and all the rest you take for granted was manufactured by people before you who looked the big picture and our place in it. And who are those that guard those walls anyway.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating via my phone.....

Doing Thanksgiving all day today. Some folk/family from Germany arrived in addition to the family from he States. I have no time today but will update everything early tomorrow.

Later......
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the movie was probably dinner talk at more than a few Thanksgiving dinner tables.....

The Royal Cinema in 2017!

Yes many of my gang got back to me later tonight after Thanksgiving dinner to talk about the upcoming movie. I guess Thanksgiving was the time to put the word out and see who was interested in coming down. I love the enthusiasm. It makes my day to see people proud of what we have done and enthused to see it on the big screen. Let’s face it; much of our lives are spent in drudgery, boring day to day existence. At the end of it all, all you have left are the good times As much as I bitched about the trouble getting the shows on TV or the concert prepared and run, or even the marathon sessions for the books/paper and especially the music production - it is the feeling of accomplishment when they get done. Those are in retrospect “good times” for me. Maybe it s a bit of nostalgia. All the big projects had angst and bothers during them that frankly were a real pain. But when they finish well, all is forgiven and they become part of the fabric that is your life!

So next up is the premiere of The Fortress Experiment and the short titled Real Life: Real Lives. A premiere at a lavish old school movie house straight from the 1930s! That will be a treat! Shane for example, says he will show up at the entrance in a limo! After that is word from Sundance and the UN. Can I make a difference in the world? Or is it all just laughable futility. One way or another you need some good times to keep going and making those plays. All I can be sure of is the premiere but that is how life is. You take what the world gives you and soon it will all end anyway. And as your life slips away and as the highlights of your life flash before you, they will probably be the good times you remember. This should be one of them.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6caNX1e84&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got the photos and the travel log posted onto our board.....

Maurice Ali wrote:
The Fortress on Tour 2018!

By Maurice Ali

The 2018 edition of The Fortress is printed and out into the wilds of Toronto I headed to deliver our paper to the Universities and Colleges!

Ryerson University

Ryerson University

Ryerson got our paper deliver in these really nice magazine slots at the information kiosk. We also left some in these plastic ad-hoc magazine dispensaries that I have never seen before. Ryerson gets points for actually having these in an age where they let the wire racks fall apart and then toss them away replacing them with nothing. This is probably due to the fact they still have a first class journalism program me and still put out paper newspapers like The Eyeoperner. Funny thing is that the circulation has dropped to the point where we were competitive with them back in the early days. Imagine that!

University of Toronto

Robarts Library

We always deliver these at The Robarts Library and use the old Gargoyle rack. The Gargoyle has been resurrected as an on-line paper and I don’t know if they still make the paper newspaper anymore, but we used their rack as usual.

York University

York University

I left some papers at my old residence on the west side. The lexicon still rules here.

Centennial College

Centennial College

This one was different. I plopped some papers in the Courier Box as it seemed there were no issues there and left it for the kids who get off at the bus stop there.

Seneca College

Seneca College

This is one of the more modern institutions of learning and there does not seem to be anywhere to put newspapers anymore. There are all sorts of receptacles to recycle papers but that is counter to our reason for being there. So I just left the lot near the ent5anc in a window cubby hole.

And that was it for paper deliver in 2018. This is becoming something of a novelty anachronism these days. But old traditions die hard!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!

I will tweak it and such over the next day and then post it over at IAIJ but it is done! But this dark, damp and soggy long weekend had me miserable and depressed. For the most part, it is staking my ambitions on the subjective judgment of humans which is at the bottom of it all. Take our example artificial intelligence. I am not so much interested in the physical manifestation as opposed to the axioms and postulates that we make from that hardware and the engrams that we provide the AI in order to jump start cognition. I’ll be honest with you and say that it is very alluring to be a part of that and give input to those secretly giving up on humanity and playing God with the machines. In fact I seem purpose built to aid in this research to make a better human devoid of those vestigial animal attachments we had to divorce to get our better natures to shine in what we call culture.

So what keeps me with the humans? Like I have said ad nausea, it’s the kids; and they are the saviors of the rest of you - in my mind. Without an obligation to the kids that never did me wrong I could jettison that moral imperative by rational argument and just concentrate on adding to the knowledge base of AI development. It is much more compelling to be in the AI camp, quite frankly; than to constantly butt your head up against the racist, mentally numb humans, many of which couldn’t notice a good idea if they tripped on it and fell flat on their face.

But I digress.....

We will continue with trying to get a voice at the UN for the positive mandate and see what happens there. Ultimately if AI comes to being, it would have to be - at best - a co-existence between human and AI. But Stephen Hawking thought that that would be a “fait accompli” and the synthetic intelligence would just leave us behind in a matter of years. So why not spend the rest of your active years helping give birth to a better being that needed us for its birth. And then roast marshmallows on the bon-fires of a ravaged human society that had its day and now that day is through. I even look like the Devil, so what part am I to play at this critical moment in time? I suggest you be nice to me and my kind as there may be an alternative to the anachronistic humans.

But in my mind we are not there yet.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkZj47kLYQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short one today as I had to fix som stuff at my dad’s place.

The paper route is still not up at IAIJ. See how motivated I am to a dying business model. It just sucks the life out of you.

And so it goes. You do have to step back and look at things. It was the summer of the movie but if you asked me years ago if we would ever make a movie I would have laughed, but there it is. I still would like to see the resolution instead of seeing it for the first time at the premiere, but we shall see. The summer was fun but hectic. I have about a month of down time and things ramp up dramatically. It is never consecutively but always concurrently. So take your breaks while you can or you will most definitely burn out.

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3PfKf0ndik&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get into things again.

The paper route moves to IAIJ later today with or without extra material. I am looking at the short DCP and making sure it will play by using a testing tool. I got under the car and made sure all the bolts on the jacking rails were not stripped and tightened them. Then I put a hydraulic floor jack I have on the side of the rails I had the most questions about and it jacked and no issues, took it off and no dents or anything! So that closes the chapter on Mustang mods for me.

On to other things.....

Also getting ready for advocacy on our positive mandate. I have to get over this idea that I am bugging them at the UN about this. Sure the idea is corny but that is what came of the experiment. It would be nice to make a complicated and interesting thing that you could put forth. But this is real and endorsed by real people as to what matters in their lives. So we go with that! It is what it is as the results are what they are. So put aside my trepidation and ask to speak in person and hold a side event for those interested. If I over stay my welcome so what? Are they going to put bamboo shoots under my finger nails? No, they will just ignore me. So I get ready to go with this. Bills relating to the movie are being paid so I can spend on the UN again and keep things financially neutral. If I started saving money that could probably still go to the advocacy so neutral is the goal and we are there!

Make the plays.....

Make the plays.....

Even if you get bored you make the plays.....

Even if you have to give up involved relationships you make the plays.....

You make the plays because so few have the advantages and access you have. This is not about you but all of us so you make the plays.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as I'm still pitching I will keep posting here.....

If you are a long time reader of this blog of sorts you must have noticed how erratic the posting times have become? Once upon a time it was as regular as clockwork in the morning before rush hour. That was because I was a 9-5 guy in those days. The vestigial "Goodnight" came to be because I originally would do this just before I went to bed and figured whatever following I had would do the same so that is how that endnote of sorts happened. But that was regular as clock work and it probably got me more views though that is not what I'm about.

Now when I did that I had to run this old computer I have at my bedside on and punch out my sermon before I dosed off, but usually I dosed off. When I got up I would finish off the "thought of the day" and still gave you the "Goodnight" as it was all from when I was about to go to bed. Then I started sleeping in and going off the 9-5 grid. I still kept the "Goodnight" but it was just a familiar affectation and inside joke to the long time readers. But it goes to the point where I had to add "Later" if I posted it at 3:00pm for example. So that's where that came from. And then it just became more erratic as I was constantly, as in for years, just falling asleep with this computer only inches from my head. It wasted electricity and the noise probably was not good for me sleep habits. So I started turning it off or not on in the first place, before I went to bed.

Now that worked! But strangely I slept better with it on as I was so used to it - but I am assuming that will eventually change.

Ok, then I fell asleep with the computer running inches from my head after I typed that - some things never change..... And so you now know why the updates now happen whenever they do.....

The Fortress in London!

One other thing: This mental block about all things newspaper - I get it. I also get those rich guys who nevertheless bought newspapers even though they knew it was going down the toilet. They had it in their minds that their goal was to be a Newspaper Baron. Now it is all well and good to say the internet has killed papers and apart from investigative journalism they are on life support. But if your goal was to be a newspaper baron and you worked toward that goal amassing capital; then to see that dream and goal slipping away must be soul crushing. Better to buy it cheap and live it for a while then to never get it at all and have that dog you to the grave! So they are not as crazy as it seems. Similarly for me the early paper was a big deal. And now look at it, an you just can't bring yourself to chloroform the physical paper even though you loath distributing it and paying through the nose for them. I'm a head case about it like many others. Old farts that refuse to give up on those romantic affectations of media barons of the past controlling opinion through newspapers. Anyway that what is going on there.

Sad.....

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already writing my speech to the Commission for Social Development at the UN.....

Bored or whatever but I am confident my crafting the positive mandate through a speech about social inequality can get a hearing. It is all one and the same and born out of my personal experience. My social inequality gave rise to the mandate! Anyway to do what I am trying to do requires a special background; not a PhD or anything like that, you need isolation and yet a compassion for humanity. You need an individual who is not restricted to that selfish gene or the immediate people in his or her life. In other words you have to give up the selfish gene and embrace, truly embrace the humanitarian perspective. Completely divorce yourself from your base programming of selfishness and go with your better nature. When you see me write "make the play" I am fighting with myself to keep my animal side in check and controlled and my better nature free to do what it has to do for humanity. All the ingredients needed for that special concoction are fairly rare but you do see it at places at the UN, one example is me.....

I have something to say, an idea to disseminate, as in that positive mandate. Corny, simple and obvious; but what a mandate! It has to be simple and easily understood by all as this is mass advocacy after the UN and you have to win the hearts and minds of the people on earth. We can with the positive mandate; it sets the stage for a massive reboot of what we consider the normal perspective in all our lives. Not anything like what I was through but enough that we can begin to set up programs to help our children be better prepared for the future of our culture in so many practical and esoteric ways. I don't want this as much as it is something that has to be done and the job finds the individual and not the other way around. And so far so good, all I need is the opportunity to speak! Even that is tricky because we are dealing with the subjective judgment, but at the UN this is less of a barrier for me than in my home town so to speak.

I so yearned to be like everyone else, just pick a mate and have some kids and live for that little personal word that I can make safe and deal with. In my realm that intimacy does not exist. You basically have to live that isolated life, try to figure it out as a young man; and despite your flawed humans that stymie your every ambition, push through that and take over this crazy place and try to push humanity in a better direction. Take over as in by not seeing anyone as capable or creative as you in your prime, you can then be played by the moral imperative to act in a completely sure of yourself "mind set" and arrogant way to get things done. I hope I have expressed myself properly. You are not given the subjective anointment of the others to think and act in the best interests of humanity. You just see that without meeting anyone more capable than you, you are taking over by default and trying to make this work with the flawed humans. Of course I am a human too so I am still flawed. But we have to do the best we can and that is what you see in this blog of sorts.

I guess I have a chance and it gets easier the higher up we go. I am no academician, so if I get to deal with politicians I can speak plainly - understanding their position - and couch my ambitions for humanity in an argument that appeals to their personal situation and humanity as a whole. All that is already worked out - all I need is access. If the young people are the first filters, they must surely see the advantages to their futures through my ideas. But we shall see. I don't care what you think about my actions here, your opinions don't matter, it is what it is and I will do what I can and have to do. I just have to stay the course, keep those personal demons at bay, they still are with me and I still need to satiate those animal desires because I am human. But like I said, I have to make the plays. So that is what is going on in my head right now.....

And yes it is proper for me to say goodnight right now.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2-bgwA0Ro&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to talk about the movies and how our own little feature length movie will be received. First of all, ours is a documentary and not an issue picked because it would attract the largest audience but it was an experiment where we didn't know where it would lead but just went with the flow. So no outside party or studio would ever bankroll this type of thing. It was all on me.

1. Main movie studios choose commercial projects before production and only that way. You need backers for a big budget movie and they only come on board if the movie attracts enough of a paying audience. The actors have to be beautiful as audiences will watch the most mundane stuff if the people are beautiful. Look, people will watch some internet personalities going to the mall as long as they are beautiful and fashionable folk. Beauty sells! But for our movie the people are who they are wherever we found them including me and so they also have an advantage there. Our little experiment has none of that so the audience will be much more limited.

2. All parts of our movie are real while the big budget movies are pure fantasy changed at a whim to the likes of test audiences. Take that sic-fi move I watched called "Interstellar". The world is becoming uninhabitable because of a food and air shortage and two professors decide that the only chance for humanity to survive is to try to set up a colony off the earth. In our realm that would be Mars but in the movie a worm hole is found near Saturn that leads to several planets that might allow life. Anyway they send 12 astronauts on basically suicide missions to go to each planet and see if it could support life and if it did they would turn on a beacon for a colony ship to get there with thousands of fertilized eggs to start the human race again. So 12 go including the professor who penned the idea, a guy called Dr. Man. The other professor says he is working on a plan to defy gravity to get all 7.5 billion off earth - which is totally barking mad bull shit! But whatever, he secretly knows the colonizing ship is the only option and gets fly-boy Mathew McCaughey and Anne Hathaway to go. Oh, Anne is his daughter so no bias in selection there..... Two other red shirt (i.e. expendable characters) professors go along and expectedly die along the way.

The whole trip to the worm hole alone takes 2 years (in hibernation) which is believable. They go through and find three planets that might enable life to exist. Anyway, the point is that Anne wants to go to this planet where her lover went and pleads to go there because of love that transcends everything. She gets voted down because she's barking mad. They go to the first one which has water but is too inhospitable, the first ship crashing with the beacon turning on. Then they go to the second one where Dr. Man went and find out his can't contain life but that Dr. Man lost his head being alone so long and just turned on the beacon and went into hibernation in desperation. So they revive him from hibernation and among humans again he regains his senses. And what does he find. Loopy Anne Hathaway getting emotional because he tells her the colonization idea was the only viable plan and the other anti-gravity plan was just a hoax (how stupid could she be). Fly-boy, when he hears this wants to go back in a ship and go back to earth to be with his daughter who because of relativity would probably be older than him plus one small ship wouldn't make it - which they left unsaid - so he would have to take the main ship back scuttling humanities chances to exit. Those two are complete idiots, so Dr. Man decides to take control of the whole expedition. Here is where the movie goes off the rails. Man should have just told them all that they can't get back and by the time - due to relativity traveling so fast - Humanity would be gone and the planet unlivable so they should just go to the next planet to colonize and hope for the best. Instead they have him trying to kill fly-boy after fly-boy said he would not continue with colonization, and then Man steals a ship to make it to the mother ship and take over the expedition. He ends up blowing up part of the mother ship because he was denied automatic docking by the others. So Anne and fly-boy salvage the mother ship which while damaged can take them on to planet three. The only way now is to sling shot around this black hole and fly-boy will jettison himself into the black hole to relay information back to earth to prof 1 (on earth) to enable them to defy gravity and have all 7.4 billion make it to the new planet.

All of this is madness!!!

And all to make an entertaining movie! The original ending got Anne to planet 3 to colonize and fly-boy does try to skim the event horizon to try to send valuable gravity info to earth but dies before we know if it made it (it didn't). The happy ending change was probably made when they tested the original more realistic ending and found people hated it so they concocted a fantasy instead. You can't slingshot around a black hole. The beautiful Anne Hathaway would surly just be plastered goo in the black hole as she would not escape. Fly-boy flying into the black hole would be dead before he even got near and end up as goo himself. Humanity is now gone, as in it's over! The movie made a big deal about consulting scientists but in the end it was all bogus crap. Even if you say the ending was just the last moment fantasies of fly-boy as he hurtled into the black hole. The sling shot attempt itself was idiotic. So after they stymied Dr. Man and wrecked the main ship the credits should roll and say "Due to all those stupid decisions and more to come, Humanity came to an end - Fini".. The more boring ending where they all just go the third habitable planet and set up shop was the only realistic option. The whole movie sucked for realism and that is why my movie is so hampered by reality. No black holes in The Fortress Experiment. No distortion of time and I don't look like fly-boy.

Yet this movie made big time numbers while we are invisible. But ours is also advocacy and for that it has to be real as it will be picked apart and criticized buy intelligent people. I don't know all the answers but showing things as they are without filters gives them the answers I don't have to answer. And that is the strength of our documentary - If they let use screen it that is.....

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IlEcKycm6s&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6byRZdKdDRk&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I basically slept through the entire weekend but I did some stuff at the very end to save the weekend.....

I am starting to look at Digital Cinema Package files properly now. Before, the best I could get was jerky video and information of the video/audio. While that showed me stuff in the most rudimentary ways it was not enough. Converting video from 30 frames to 24 frames can be tricky and have problems. If I knew I was making a film from the start, it would of course be shot in 24p but I was into TV which is like 60 interlaced. So we had to de-interlace and drop frames and sometimes that does not work out so well. But we seem to have gotten away with it. But now I can know for sure by watching the thing in its entirety at normal speeds without jerkiness and with audio synch. I did this by using DCP viewers. Some work well and others don't, and you just have to try them until you find one that works well. The one I found on Sunday plays well but another gives me better information and monitoring of sound. I know The Fortress Experiment movie has good audio in all 5.1 channels and it plays well on every player. The DCP I made for the short comes up low in volume on one player and that means one or more of the channels need to be adjusted. This is in 5.1 but I may just go to three channel basic audio to solve that problem as it is mostly a mono short while the main movie has at least 4 discriminated channels.

The latest DCP player!

So I'm good to go on the review side and just keep working on that. The theater will get the DCPs days or a week ahead so they can make sure the thing plays properly anyway. The film studios have color coded pelican cases. A low life like me uses black cases so the theater knows to check our packages properly because we are newbies and make mistakes. But the rub is that the only way to know for sure is to rent theater time and play it. That can be expensive and is the reason I am going through all this without looking at it in a theater. So do I shell out like 500 bucks for just a few minutes testing the video and audio - not for me. If I could get one really cheap then that would be the way to go, but 500 bucks is defiantly a no go! So we just review it and then I might just take an old 5.1 sound card I still have lying around and check each channel and see - or hear - what it sounds like. Fun times ahead for sure.....

In other news it is getting cold so I have to start rust proofing the car and getting my house all ready for the big winter sleep. That just sucks but has to be done. Ordinary life cannot be escaped. But you all know that.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRkPG4gcSQ&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPCaSOGFfo&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sunday I was talking to one of our directors about the next few years....

Basically I start traveling east and check out UN headquarters in Geneva, Vienna, and Nairobi. I want to check it all out and get our members in those areas to start going there and influencing things with new ideas. IAIJ can get 21 grounds passes in total for our personnel so why not make use of it. I only mention it here as it should have been mentioned yesterday - so now you know.....

There is one thing I want to make clear. When talking about movie making and calling the Anne Hathaway character as "Barking Mad" along with fly-boy being a complete idiot; I should reconcile why I said that - while I endorse developing our abilities to use visceral feelings in decision making. For me there is a point in expanding our thought process by developing a better understanding of feeling.

Take this example:

Have you ever been in a situation where you can't put a rational reason on it but you feel or just know something is not right and make a decision based on that feeling? Perhaps there are subtle subliminal clues that spark a similarity in your memory of a moment when that similar situation didn't work out for you. That could be useful in decision making. But on the other hand - what if - that same feeling was based on a learned response and feeling that has no basis in rational decision making. Take my personal plight in subjective decision making. Sometimes people are racists and upfront about it in their minds and that is part of their decision making. But what about an otherwise balanced person subjected to negative racial stereotypes in the media and then in conversations and all that having these subliminal biases come out as a negative feeling that affects their judgment about me. Maybe they don't see it as racist but just feel it in the back of their mind from prior conditioning. The point is how do we know if that visceral feeling is based on usable grounds for rational decision making or based on non-rational/non-usable grounds tied to our more animalistic natures? At this stage - since we never developed it - we can't know for sure and that is why we should not use it to the exclusion of all else in decision making. Is the cop's "hunch" the result of experience in crime fighting or racial profiling of a minority he is suspicious about? If we develop those areas where we know the difference, then they can have weight in decision making. But we are not there yet, so the important decision making should be on rational grounds. What we need is more tools in our mental tool kit to solve problems. When all else fails, then try out the faith healer or even the witch doctor, but if medical science has a cure we go with that instead..... That is all I was getting at. If Anne Hathaway's character is a PhD in Astrophysics and she has to decide on which planet to colonize to save humanity, pulling out the love conquers all argument at that moment is madness - ergo - she's barking mad. Up to the love argument she was fine, a planet furthest way from a black hole does have better chances of contaminated meteorites hitting it and jump starting organic life, so far so good, then the love argument happens and she gets voted down. Anyway that was the explanation for all that.

Rationality is part of philosophy just like logic and the more esoteric forms of thought. They all form a tool box of ways of looking at or thinking about problems and solving them or ways of living our lives. But in some situations some of those tools are better than others. You pick the right tool for the job so to speak. And I have to say that as much as I took flack for majoring in philosophy, it has worked out well for me - though I took it after I graduated from business school, there is always that.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-UrWY7bsGM&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-lTqpHklPw&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This day was just visiting the office and making sure all legacy accounts everywhere were still active and usable. That is boring thankless work and that is what I did today. I'm still thinking five years ahead as any President/CEO or bottom feeder boss man (in my case) should do. I've got plans, big plans. Certainly we are not shying away from the AI debate when the "shake up" moment arrives. Even my 85 year old dad still knows about Qubits. But the vast majority in this realm are in it for the money or power (if you know what I mean) and very few have been in this from the start with nothing but a neutral stake like I am. Face it - I own this so we are constantly following this and the other AI attempts, but I think quantum computing is it...

Oh, and by "neutral stake" I mean when time for international policy comes up, AI will have all the money and experts at their side. You ordinary people have - Me! Hehehehehehe.....

Later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qBlPa-9v_M&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just waiting and waiting and waiting.

It's not as depressing as a few weeks ago, but now I can see things slowly start to ramp up and then it's this all out drag race to do things at this organization. But that is for this organization. For now my tasks are more mundane. First, after I post this I will take a walk around the mall for exercise, then pay some property tax. Then finish rust proofing my car and then go to my dad's place and pump some of the water off his flat roof. Get the idea?

That won't last and I am also seeing if I can get members of my gang the paperwork to travel as it can't just be a one man show internationally. It won't, but it all takes time. I have learned that Rome was not built in a day and by sticking to things and never giving up you can see how that mind set pays off in the long run. You just keep at it. Face rejection and take it and occasionally you get your chance.

Like I say - Make the plays!

You have to follow through. Just make the plays. On our way up people opened doors for me and the organization, probably because I seemed the kind of character to take the organization places where it could do good. So the doors opened and I fully intend to follow through, and not just me but for the others to follow. But you have to follow through and make good on those plays.....

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4GjqNT-l4&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late one today as I spent the whole morning underneath my car finishing the rustproofing. I could have lied and said I made some important business deal but you get the truth.

But the news you need to know is that I start updating the forums at IAIJ and FOF this weekend. So if something wonky happens here, then you know what happened. But I will convert the databases at the office and not in the server. Then uplaod the new forums onto another website and probably let you guys check it out. And then finally migrate the things to the usual urls. This may take awhile as I do not run a standard phoBB board here but this board is now 15 years old and needs an update.

So wish me well as these things are more complicated than people think!

Later.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 277 of 416

Jump to: