Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress on Tour 2018!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: The Fortress on Tour 2018! Reply with quote

The Fortress on Tour 2018!

By Maurice Ali

The 2018 edition of The Fortress is printed and out into the wilds of Toronto I headed to deliver our paper to the Universities and Colleges!

Ryerson University

Ryerson University

Ryerson got our paper deliver in these really nice magazine slots at the information kiosk. We also left some in these plastic ad-hoc magazine dispensaries that I have never seen before. Ryerson gets points for actually having these in an age where they let the wire racks fall apart and then toss them away replacing them with nothing. This is probably due to the fact they still have a first class journalism program me and still put out paper newspapers like The Eyeoperner. Funny thing is that the circulation has dropped to the point where we were competitive with them back in the early days. Imagine that!

University of Toronto

Robarts Library

We always deliver these at The Robarts Library and use the old Gargoyle rack. The Gargoyle has been resurrected as an on-line paper and I don't know if they still make the paper newspaper anymore, but we used their rack as usual.

York University

York University

I left some papers at my old residence on the west side. The lexicon still rules here.

Centennial College

Centennial College

This one was different. I plopped some papers in the Courier Box as it seemed there were no issues there and left it for the kids who get off at the bus stop there.

Seneca College

Seneca College

This is one of the more modern institutions of learning and there does not seem to be anywhere to put newspapers anymore. There are all sorts of receptacles to recycle papers but that is counter to our reason for being there. So I just left the lot near the ent5anc in a window cubby hole.

And that was it for paper deliver in 2018. This is becoming something of a novelty anachronism these days. But old traditions die hard!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: