Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
FOF Using Pro Tools LE 7 For Audio Production!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: FOF Using Pro Tools LE 7 For Audio Production! Reply with quote

FOF Using Pro Tools LE 7 For Audio Production!

General Announcement

Pro Tools Software!

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is excited to announce that we are now using Pro tools LE 7 software for our audio production! This software will be used in conjunction with our other applications such as Steinberg's Cubase which was our mainstay for the last few years. The change to Pro Tools was made because it is the industry standard of high end studios that we deal with and the ease of accessing those files by third party contractors for CD production is invaluable (as was the case with Grit's CD).

The M BOX2 Mini

Another reason is that we use AVID editors for video production and these editors use Pro Tools LE for audio so the ability to export and manipulate files that are native to both application is another plus.

A song session brought up in Pro Tools!

We wanted the up-to-date software more than anything else; but Pro Tools will only work on computers hooked up to a piece of M BOX hardware. The actual interface we bought was the cheap tinny box with limited inputs. Of course we have the workaround for that with our other interfaces but it is clear that AVID/DIGIDESIGN protect their licenses through the hardware. Want an extra piece of equipment, then you buy another licence with it. FOF is getting bigger so a second license would not be that redundant, but for the "starving artist"...this is a bit much to take. They don't even try to hide this fact as software discs pour out of the box including all sorts of upgrade and fixes and plugins and other applications that users of the interface could not possibly use - it is a software package! Bottom line is that you are buying the software with a one hundred dollar dongle masquerading as an interface.....

More of the interface!

Another reason for the purchase is that it makes it easier for us to produce the license when we do our advocate thing with broadcasters. Unlicensed editing of programing would be cause for a broadcaster to reject our request for airplay. Same thing may happen in radio - though more improbable - but it could happen as we ingratiate ourselves on the radio stations and such. Remember that we are a real corporation doing business and pounding the drums of our cause, so our house has to be open to scrutiny. Anyway, the stuff works and even though I have not upgraded or added anything but the basic system, I was still able to open up one of Grit's songs and display it for you. We are now truly a full functioning production house with all the bells and whistles of the big studios - "in a brown paper bag." In the end, that is what we are, and I don't try to hide it.....

Here is the screen at MetalWorks for comparision - Only difference is that they use a Mac and even that will be remedied in a little while.....Because we may need to access a MAC based hardrive.....

Here is 2600 - 0636 (Ian - for some reason makes it as - 0363.....) just like the MetakWorks photo above.....

I use a two monitor affair and I believe our version is more up-to-date although it was recorded one year ago.....

So the Pro Tools Mistique from MetalWorks has been bashed by my bringing up those state-of-the-art files at our office - That just makes me a cheaper businessman.....

Wider view of our audio booth.....

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: