Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 416, 417, 418  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually took it easy today and started to think things through. I have just recovered from some exhaustion and it may have clouded my judgement for a week or so. I became wrapped up in getting FOF into the mainstream of media, there is nothing bad there, but I was almost prepared to sell the soul of the movement to attain it. Anyways, the Fates are denying me that folly so we are still in one hundred percent control of the organization, and still poor. We can still do everything I need to do, just not comfortably.

Who is reading this..... FOF is just a philosophy of freedom, just a seed of an idea planted in the minds of everyone. It is my philosophy using the mass media to propagate the idea. My most memorable moment was the first broadcast of the FOF signal on our first TV show. There with friends and my family, I had that rare moment where I stated my aims and purpose. How many people got that message is unclear, but some did; and I still have the messages and e-mails - Thanks!

On that cold day in a park with just a handful of people, I set things in motion. FOF is really a busy place now. I am still lured with making the corporation bigger and having it expand throughout the world as I mentioned in my interview - corporations are good that way..... However, those core goals, the axioms and postulates that made the foundation of everything we do here, must remain and not be corrupted. My head is starting to clear up now.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummmmmm

Almost two in the morning. Just preparing some more papers for distribution, relaxing that way. I am tidying up loose ends with regard to the record label. We should be be fixed in our roster and ready to take on the world in a matter of weeks now. This is strange in that I find myself in control a record company, people who know me from way back would probably not believe it, but there it is.

I sleep a lot and have finally fully recharged my batteries after the events of the past few weeks. We jumped up a level in evolution. What we did was begin the process of locating money and trying to partner with other businesses; this is necessary for growth. The learning by doing part is what was physically and mentally draining, and with Gritz and his album.....it was really a "lot." But I am still in one piece and ready to carry on.

More purchases for the company now that we are still within budget for this phase in our development. Nevertheless, I am fixing our equipment list in order to guarantee that our TV and movie productions will carry on to the end no matter what happens to the Fortress Group of Companies. This will also secure all aspects needed to promote our artists and projects, if we learn the ropes or have the talent, we now have the physical ability to make it happen very inexpensively.

What will eventually happen at this place is anyone's guess; however we are still dreaming and moving forward.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting a music video today - More later..... Surprised
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly my little part of the world. Is there anyone reading this.....

Anyway, we finsihed shoooting Angry Man which is a music video fo AAVRY KNAPP. More of this later with stills when I download the video. I really am interested in where all of this will lead. Was it all worth it. I do know that at my age in life, it is now or never and I would regret not going this route for the rest of my life if I had not taken it. You can not relive your decisions in life, that is always the bitter pill. Time for bed.....

Oh I got a new used camera - this all we can afford right now - but it is still a pro DSLR and will be used for promotion of our record label:

Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gritz And boots have their albums mastered and are ready for production. We only have to finalize the covers and these two CD are a done deal - Hell, I can actually catch my breath and relax later today.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent the whole weekend on CD covers and editing the latest music video. I had no time to update the web site. This is a business for sure.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are finished audio production and moving on to distribution and air play, new stuff again.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is almost too much on my plate but we are getting things done. The next phase of our record label is more interactive with other companies so a change in the way we are used to doing things. We will be on other people's time and such and have to learn how to be proper business people. I mention we as I now have help in this area - how did that happen.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are rushing around like mad men to get Donald Brasseur's Christmas music out there. That is why I have not updated things at the web site.

Got to go but more updates later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special Note: Donald (Boots) Brasseur's "Away In A Manger" from his just produced album "Memories Of Christmas" will be played on AM740 here in Toronto on December 21 at aproximately 9:20AM on The Norm Edwards Show. Don't miss it!

http://donaldbrasseur.com
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Don made it on the radio - check our exclusive reports for more. I will post a more detailed report on my personal situation in a day or so. I am just trying to physically recover right now and there is so much to catch up on.

A Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all.....

Maurice
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually had time to relax, so I guess that is a good thing. Anyway we will be getting back into the thick of things in the new year. The music should find it's way into the stores and radio and we will be going back to TV in a big way.

I had to push through a mental barrier to keep going into a ongoing business mentality as it originally was just fodder for the movie, but if I had not I would always regret this for the rest of my life. This is an adventure and at my age, and that is a rare thing.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - It is time to finish up the variety show and get it on the air. M
uch more to come.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was most definately the day of computers. We now have another P4 at FOF and Windows 98 is no more.....

Today will be video and housecleaning as boring as that sounds.....

Year end review is about to happen!
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Is Our Most Critical Moment!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

Maurice Ali

Welcome to 2007! Best wishes to all for the coming year!

Here at FOF we have come off our best year to date. We actually became a record label this year and, became a true production house and took the first small steps to turn the paper into a more autonomous - university student - run operation! We can now show seven CDs in our catalogue and three TV productions on the go; two basically finished shooting. The Variety show should air late this spring with the one hour documentary in the later part of this year. The last which is the two hour movie should be good to go in 2009. The Fortress Newspaper should start to see more regular publication with the new blood we have running it.

For 2007, I see basically making FOF into a viable on-going business entity. We are moving from financing the company to do things to the company financing the things it does. This is the critical moment we face. FOF was originally fodder for the movie on access to the mass media - it was never to be a perpetual thing. I envisioned just financing the various aspects of the mass media and then putting out the movie on our experience. However, the talent we came across was simply far too good to ignore and so we are making a go of it and try to keep the organization alive to further help our existing artists and others who could benefit from or existence.

So that is a snapshot of where we are today. This is by no means an easy thing. I have paid the price in many ways as this organization takes up all my time now. But the adventure of our "grand experiment" and the important message we wish to broadcast to the world about access to the mass media; is too important to give up now.

Every adventure has risk excitement and opportunity for those who are brave enough to grasp for that brass ring, and I am fortunate to be living this adventure at this stage in my life. You have to see the energy and enthusiasm of the young people we have here at FOF. Most people at my at my age have run to safe havens and pretty much given up on new opportunities. I personally am doing things I never dreamed of doing years ago, because I set goals and tried to reach them - and the adventure became the journey to reach those goals. Great stuff, and we shall see what 2007 has for all of us here at Fortress Of Freedom!

Me posing with some heavy equipment taping the variety show!

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 416, 417, 418  Next
Page 35 of 418

Jump to: