Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
The Fortress TV Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will update this section as pertinent entries are found in the "social club". The update will be done later today.
Maurice
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation With CanWest Global Communications Corporation should be relsolved in the next week or so - Stay tuned.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
Working Name: The Fortress TV Show

Production Company: Fortress Of Freedom Inc.

Producer: Maurice Ali

Legal: Neal and Smith Bar. and Sol.

P.R./Enqiries/Office/Accounting: Sue E.

Technical Production: Michael Atkinson

Scripts: Maurice Ali,

Hostess: Emily S.

Interviewer: Dan Strudwick

Music/Theme: Dave Getchel

Interviews: M. Andre Moore, Maurice Ali

These are the positions earmarked at the present time and no doubt names and categories will change as time goes forward.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! The Fortress TV Show aired on time, complete and in vivid video and the best lead-in with Sting on Saturday Night Live! More later!

Maurice Ali wrote:
Here is the "Exclusive Report" written on September 19, 2005:

The Fortress TV Show Plays On The Global Television Network!

By Maurice Ali, President and CEO: FOF Inc./IAIJ Inc.

The Fortress Of Freedom Corporation is pleased to announce that our TV show - The Fortress TV Show - Was broadcast over the air and cable to a population of over 15 million people throughout Ontario and the upper New York State as well as upper Michigan. The broadcast took place on September 18, 2005 at 2:30AM following Saturday Night Live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested - Here is the most harrowing moment of my life.....

After telling my boss, boss's boss, co-workers, relatives and friends and every person I happened to come across - I still was not positive the show would air. Anyway, here is that moment from Saturday Night Live through a commercial to the disclaimer and our introduction. I still get an emotional jolt every time I see that clip - like Pavlov's dogs..... (6MB):

http://fortressoffreedom.com/TVShowStart.wmv

We had the best lead-in for the show - Saturday Night Live with Sting as guest host! I crossed my fingers until I saw that beautiful logo of ours appear! The show played well and I kept running around checking video quality and the on-air feed and such, I said about three or four times that I could not believe we were on TV, but we were..... I don't think the others realize just what they have accomplished. We did it ourselves with no training or help and no reshoots! We really proved a point about access.

The actual showing.....

The showing happened at my parent's home as they seem to have more television sets and VCRs than anyone else, anyway I picked the two in the family room for presentation and the two in the kitchen for cable and on-air broadcast with the other three sets as backup. We had four VCRs and Two camcorders on the set with one used to record the show off a digital cable box.

The family room for the big moment!

The kitchen for the on-air transmission!

The recording set-up off digital cable!

Closeup of the connections to the box - S-video and analog audio connections!

Much praise and thanks to all who participated, especially, Michael, Dan, Dave, Sue, Emily, Mark, Shane and my sister and family, thank you all for making this show what it is!

This may sound strange, but this report is one of the hardest ones to put out. I could not even fathom posting this for the last two days. Just seemed impossible to report on something that was too large to distill into a few paragraphs. I will keep looking at this page for a couple of days and add to it until I can leave it. Big project for me here and I am still too close to look back and evaluate.....

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the "Exclusive Report" on the fact regarding the transmition of the show written on September 14, 2005:

Facts about The Fortress TV Show!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

The intro to the show!

Now that we have done all that we can to facilitate the airing of the show at our end. I feel we may as well understand what our show is about in terms of broadcasting.

Our first FOF signal should reach a population of approximately 15 million - not bad for us "rank amateurs"..... Of that amount, twelve and a half million are in Ontario and the other two and a half would be northern tips of the U.S.A. which may get our transmission. I am thinking Buffalo and Detroit, the two largest areas in New York State and Michigan. The show is formatted in industry standard Digital Betacam and was edited on a professional Avid non-linier editor - both in it's "free" version and in "Avid Symphony" for detailed post-production work. The show will air on Sunday, September 18, 2005 at approximately 2:30AM (so late Saturday night or early Sunday morning) on The Global Television Network on air or cable.

Official coverage of the show!

The actual show has some distinction behind it. We made it very cheaply; the official budget being 450 dollars for Fortress Of Freedom Inc. and that may be a record! The show is 29:50 in length with no commercial breaks. There is one sponsorship break for the organization and web sites in the body of the show. Everyone in the show is relatively new to broadcast television and the show was edited using free software. Once the segments were shot, there were no more reshoots later on. The show was produced as if it were made by cash poor people just trying to get their message out to their community.

One segment of the show!

The show is a test of access to the mass media. The test will end with or without the show airing as planned. A test to the end so to speak. Results will appear in our newspaper and become a part of our ongoing production of the Fortress Documentary. At the conclusion of the airing of the show, we will turn all our attention to music and music videos. Much fun ahead..... Stay tuned - Literally!

Last edited by Maurice Ali on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the delays in replaying to PMs and "The Story". I am just exhausted. Actually I just finished archiving the last of the tape on the show. More is coming later.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at SOCAN yesterday to supply them with the remaining information for our application as a music publisher and also submission for our artists and the royalties and such. Looks like Shane gets a royalty payment for his performance at the "Now Lounge!"

That meeting also marked my first act as a TV producer - I had to submit and sign off on some "cue sheets" about the musical acts on the Fortress TV Show for the artists involved to receive royalty payments for those separate performances. So there it is, I became a TV Producer in theory when the show aired but this marks my definitive entry into this club. Sort of a big deal for me here - Anyway, we have three other productions coming up so I will savor these little personal victories for now.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ready to lock down this thread and archive. I will also inject the pertinent reports into the thread for archival purposes. One great project and thanks one last time to all involved. We really proved something!!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: