Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Studio Time, Vocals, And The AAVRY KNAPP Album!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Studio Time, Vocals, And The AAVRY KNAPP Album! Reply with quote

Studio Time, Vocals, And The AAVRY KNAPP Album!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Dan In Studio!

Dan Strudwick of AAVRY KNAPP has just completed the bulk of the vocals for the upcoming album "AAVRY KNAPP - Daze In My Life." The recording session marks a turning point in the production of the album, there is light at the end of this tunnel. I was there for the start of things and archived some of the session in photos and videos to follow. In the photo above is Dan recording vocals for his song "Hello Goodbye." The methodology in recording nowadays is to have a run through and then replace any segments that can be improved upon and then splice it all together. In the photo below, you can see Dan listening to that track as it is played back in the engineer's booth.

But talk is cheap, and if you really want to get a taste of the real thing; then just click on the photo below and watch the small (1k) video of Dan recording his vocals:

As for me, I just made sure things were archived for the documentary and such and when it was over I decided to have some fun..... The studio complex we were in has recorded some very famous artists. By the studio were were at, was some thank you posters from the likes of David Bowie, Anne Murray, Rush and of course another Canadian band called Triumph; but Christina Aguilera's was at our door.....

As for other news from AAVRY KNAPP..... The music video "Marilyn" is in full swing and we start shooting in about three weeks. As mentioned before, I purchased one big heavy camcorder to act as a secondary camera and also because it can do some things our Sony can not - especially with it's lens and superior zoom. As a side project we took this obsolete camera to prove the old technology is still relevant. The tests are complete and the images from the camera in the camcorder are excellent and are faithfully recorded onto tape, the only problem with this camcorder was ghosting on playback, but this is not a concern for me as those tapes will be professionally converted into mini-DV at the production house we used for the TV show. If I have the time, I may just sort it out myself, but we will probably do it the first way anyways.....

The Backup Camcorder

That is about it for now - more news as it unfolds.....

FORTRESS OF FREEDOM: BRINGING THE MASS MEDIA TO THE MASSES
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: