Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Our First Music Video And Music Video Program! - Cont.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Our First Music Video And Music Video Program! - Cont..... Reply with quote

This is a development thread for our first music video continued from our exclusive report:Our First Music Video And Music Video Program!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step is the original midi tune (very small file):

http://fortressoffreedom.com/FOFDOT

You will most probably think the melody is too slow and you would be right.....even Dave emailed me that the tempo may be off. The tempo on CUBASE is 120bpm and I think 210bpm was the correct beat. Once I have the file altered I will post the new segment. Also note the cross-over from the show. We may also experiment with different instruments connected to this "midi" file and use it in the show's introduction if we luck-into something quite nice. More when I finish altering that slow tempo!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the altered midi file set at 205bpm on CUBASE:

http://fortressoffreedom.com/FOFDOT205

Now these files are only 3k but you may hear musical instruments accompanied to the tune. This is your sound card adding the instruments by some setting in your computer. What you hear and what
I hear may be two slightly different things..... A midi file is just musical beeps, nothing more; they are the building blocks of music. We can use these midi files to add musical instruments at our whim and get a tune that has appeal for the application it is to be used in. When we achieve this, we "mix down" that setting and midi file into audio and record it as audio; that is when you will know that the other person listening to the tune will hear it just like you composed it.

We will continue to play with the instruments and if we "strike gold", we can use it in the show. Otherwise, I will time the tune and time the zoom-in segment and then figure out how many photos we will need. The photos will probably end up as ten frames or one third of a second each; but I will experiment on this. More to follow.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest.....

I will admit to some subterfuge..... I actually have just completed the main part of the FOFDOT music video featuring our Emily in the video (it was always a dream of hers to be in a music video). I will keep details a secret for a while before doing anything public - BUT THIS VIDEO ROCKS!!!!!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Emily/Dave Music Video 3Meg (made at two frames a time in some spots.....):

http://fortressoffreedom.com/FOFDOTMusicVideo.wmv

Well that was the first, not the last!
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have most of the information needed to submit music videos to Much Music. The biggest problem is the conversion to Betacam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: