Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
CRTC Application - Part Two

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: CRTC Application - Part Two Reply with quote

CRTC Application - Part Two

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

I Maurice Ali; president and CEO of Fortress Of Freedom Inc. and International Archiving Of Independent Journalist Inc. - Formally state our intention to pursue a broadcasting licence (i.e. radio) in the North Bay, Ontario, Canada region. This is a very competitive venture and licences are very difficult to obtain. All other information about this action will be private.

Maurice Ali

The bill to Xerox the successful application.

The photo above is a copy of the outrageous copying costs to copy a successful application for a broadcasting licence for a station called "The New FM" here in Toronto, Canada. That action was taken when I paid a visit to the CRTC (Canadian Television and Telecommunication Commission) here in Toronto. Below is the actual background material (on the left) and an example of a successful application (on the right).

The application is about 500 pages in length and quite intimidating at first sight. However, after we deconstruct the application I am sure this will all be quite simple. In any case; all projects at Fortress Of Freedom Inc. will be suspended until November 15, 2004 so that the broadcasting licence can be given priority status. Editing of the TV Show and the newspaper will resume after November 15, 2004.

As a side note; I arrived at the CRTC office in my work clothing and when asked why I was interested in the material, I tried to tell her that I was picking it up for someone else. She saw right through me and proceeded to help me out anyway giving me access to material that would truly help me out, even walking with me out of the building with a ton of material to be copied, I never saw help like this from a government official. Anyway, I could tell by her tone that she thought our chances were very remote, but helped anyway - Thank You!

The drive back home was a long one, I remember seeing my old car parked with the Caddies and BMWs and Mercs.....what was I doing there..... But I.....or should I say "we" were there, pushing our rights for free speech in a world that operated on money. We are the underdogs; we will just have to be that much more cunning, intelligent, and tactically observant in order to compete with those whose financial and personal resources are larger that ours.

Anyway, it will be a very busy six weeks.

Maurice Ali
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: