Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
FOF To Publish Our First Book On Protests!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: FOF To Publish Our First Book On Protests! Reply with quote

FOF To Publish Our First Book On Protests!

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

This is not the first book for me, but it is for this organization. Not the highest priority at the moment, but I figured we could do it before we become fully engaged putting out the paper and the TV show. As the tacky ad above states: we are not just journalism. We also help others to express themselves in more involved works. This is not that much of a problem in industrialized countries, but it can be a problem for those who can not access traditional publishers due to content or self-publish due to more political reasons. This is where we come in.

Fortress Of Freedom Inc. will provide publishing services for those who require our services and can not get it elsewhere. However, having said that; it is easy to publish elsewhere.....even on the internet. The difference is that those other companies have conditions on content that may not avail themselves to those whose free speech is more controversial than main stream corporations may wish to become involved with. We can publish and shelter those authors under the cloak of the "free press" and the rights provided under it. We can also grant the designation of "journalist" to those authors for further protection of the individual and their work. In this way, I feel that our organization has something unique to offer the world.

Having said all of that; it has been almost twenty years since I hammered out my last novel (yes I used to write.....though you may not guess it by my present writing style.....). Times have changed and so we need a "dry run" in how to produce a book at the fastest, cheapest possible way. Our first book is an exercise in how to do this.

Protest! The Fall Of Civil Disobedience - is the title for the book. It is to be a simple archive of the various protests I have covered, along with the introduction and some shameless advertising of our organization at the end. I have about 1000 photos of these events and it seems a shame to just let them lay dormant on my C drive or on a disc. So we will also go that route, but with a twist. When we put this book on sale, we will market it with a CD including all the pictures in color and in full size as taken by our various digital cameras. I also have tons of audio files recorded at these events and scans of literature and such.....a true archive of important Toronto protests!

The book is already mostly made; but I delayed the notice until I queried all members and friends about their own literary projects; just in case someone urgently needed our help (the archive could take second place here). As it stands the book should be made in the next two weeks. A short time, but we need to be able to meet short deadlines for us to be effective. So be it!

Comments and Updates
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: