Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Stop the War Protest 22nd May - London

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Stop the War Protest 22nd May - London Reply with quote

Stop the War Protest 22nd May - London

By Sue E., Journalist

London, England - On Saturday 22nd May the Stop the War Campaign , The Association of British Muslims and CND held a protest in Trafalgar Square. As many of you recall, I reported on the last event held by this group in March. This time the protest focused on the abuse and torture that had taken place in Iraqi prisons under the control of the US forces. The number of protesters were less than in the previous protests though a substantial amount of people had turned out, this was probably due to the fact that a major football match was taking place that day. as usual the protesters where equipped with many creative an colorful placards showing their contempt for Tony Blair and Bush.

Having been to many of these protests, I have to say that this group is well funded paying for police and posters and Placards and the organizing of the event with permits and such. I suspect that actually this is pre-arranged and that events of the past was a fortuitous event, but this is all speculation. The group/groups were originally "grass roots" at the beginning, but now seem to be a more professional and organized at each subsequent event. I would say that the protest was successful; they were on television, unlike the Iraqis Women's protest. Even the father of Michael Berg submitted a letter which was read to the crowd about the cruel beheading of his son and American's responsibility in this tragic event. In spite of fact that there were not a lot of ordinary people taking part, the protestors appear to still reflect the views of the majority of British citizens.

[img]http://fortressoffreedom.com/Sueprotest9[/img]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: