Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Actress Needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Actress Needed! Reply with quote

Just putting the word out there using this forum first. We need an actress for our first video commercial and show. I am looking for a young thin attractive woman with a clear voice. I know this is sexist, but this setup will mask mose of our mistakes in producing the show.....sadly, this is the truth.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you have a wet T shirt competition?
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why an actress ?(young thin) whyy not some hunky guy (tall dark and handsome and fit ) ?

or would the auditions not be quite so imteresting ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why young? Why slim? Why pander to the stereotypes which this site is supposed to dubunk?
Sue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Why young? Why slim? Why pander to the stereotypes which this site is supposed to dubunk?

my thoughts exactly
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Ali wrote:
Ok, now that the initial euphoria of producing our first newspaper has past.....it is time to take a hard look at what we want to do:

1. What is our target market? That one is fairly easy; it is ourselves and the university crowd. Much of this first issue is for the self-gratification of all participants, nothing wrong here. It is this issue where we can have some fun and make mistakes that will not be too hazardous. However, we will learn form these errors and get better the next time. The university crowd is the obvious target audience as that group is most sensitive to our message and most accommodating to the problems of low budget underground newspapers.

Bottom line is that we will keep some of the papers and distribute the rest mostly at universities and colleges (but this would not be a hard and fast rule).

2. The competition? Every learning institution has their own newspapers; but these papers concentrate on campus news and the like and we are much more global so I don't see any real conflict there.

3. Manpower. I will ask help and suggestions from anyone who wishes to help. I do not know it all (obviously) and if you think you can help.....make yourself known!!!!!

4. Concerning the next issue. I plan more issues but we should not get ahead of ourselves. So there will be no "to be continued" articles in this issue. One thing at a time.

5. Sponsorship help. One reason I avoid cash from outside is that they will always try to influence you with their money (though not all). Sooner or later if we keep this up we will have to include some kind of backing, and hopefully the right kind; but for now we do not have to deal with this problem.

That should help you see things as I see them. Chime in with any thoughts or challenge my views.....I don't mind.

Remember this.....

We will be paying the host practically nothing and so the only people really interested in this job and willing to become members of "Actra" on there own, etc., would be university students taking journalism. The interviewees are the star of the show and the "host" is merely furniture and and should not detract from the interviewee.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said all that.....I am open to comments and suggestions. yes, I looked at the first post and could probably have done a better job of it.
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have two interested paties for our host or hostess, any more?
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until futher notice - the positions have been filled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> FOF Television and Movie Productions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: