Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
Michael G. Lashley: The Consul General - Trinidad And Tobago

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Michael G. Lashley: The Consul General - Trinidad And Tobago Reply with quote

Michael G. Lashley: The Consul General Of The Republic Of Trinidad And Tobago

By Maurice Ali, Journalist

Toronto, Canada - I was honored to have been invited to a reception held in honor of Michael G. Lashley, newly appointed Consul General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. I was at the reception for two reasons. One was to hear what he had to say about his vision of a future Trinidad and Tobago and his personal goals as Consul General working here in Toronto (myself having dual citizenship in Canada and the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago). The second reason was that I knew Mr. Lashley personally and was officially invited to the reception.

Mr. and Mrs. Lashley greet their guests.

The venue consisted of about five hundred people most of which had strong associations with Trinidad and Tobago and Canada in business, cultural, and other associations. It was a well catered affair with drinks and snacks and even a steel drum!

Steel drum music at the reception!

After pleasantries, including a lineup to meet and greet Mr. Lashley and his lovely wife Marisol; Michael Lashely walked up to the stage and gave a rousing speech.

Mr. Lashley speaks to his guests.

I should tell you that the multilingual Michael Lashley, has one impressive resume. This man was educated around the world and served in many positions with Trinidad and Tobago's foreign offices. In addition to his present duties as Consul General, he is also involved in free trade negotiations and has held official duties relating to work with the United Nations. In his speech Mr. Lashley talked about the strengths of the people who live in Trinidad And Tobago, strengths that relate to innovativeness and personal development. He also emphasized the fact that the small Caribbean nation needed to prepare for the eventual exhaustion of is natural resources and the effects of globalization; he saw the future economy as service orientated with particular strength in shipping. He wanted his countrymen to take the lead in pursuing dynamic ventures and showing the world how to do things instead of following others. Powerful words, I must say; I wish him well

Michael is the man in the center flanked
by fellow officials of the Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago.

More information can be found at the Consulate's website: CLICK HERE
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Exclusive Reports From Fortressoffreedom.com All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: