Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
I saw Julia Roberts at Bank today ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: I saw Julia Roberts at Bank today .... Reply with quote

I was on the bus on my way to work today when we stopped at some traffic lights at the end of Cannon Street , it is one of those road junctions where the traffic comes in all directions and being in the City of London the roads are not very wide (the streets are based on a medieaval street plan) so I could see clearly a woman being filmed waving a chequered flag every time the traffic stopped, on the opposite side of the street with a small group of people around her.

One of my work colleagues told us that her friend had seen Jude Law in another location and asked for his autograph he told her that he was filming with Julia Roberts and that she was at Bank today .... da daaah !
so it must have been Julia Roberts I saw .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and?
Sue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and .... I'm to bring some glamour to the forum ... a bit of Hollywood

Laughing Rolling Eyes
Zardozzzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise, I live in Hollywood North and celebrities are so commonplace... They often film by my wife's workplace... I actually got to really talk to Tim Robbin and Susan Sarandon about a year ago when they were out for a stroll in my parents neighborhood. Most people here ignore the celebrities (or respect their pricacy) but it was appropriate under the circs... That was exciting since I loved Tim Robbins in Robert Altman (who I've met many times since my mother was his son's teacher) The Player. Now I'm name-dropping very sadly. Actually, I found it ironic that Robbins has been criticising "Hollywood" productions north of the border when he was living here for a time, and has done filming here. There's a story there. ANd Hollywood may be located in the US, but it's not just an American business institution (multi-national). Sennett (and Pickford) were Canadians who hepled to build Hollwood in the early days, not to mention Sony's involvement etc. etc.

I'm getting carried away. I didn't mean to be critical of you mentioning your "close-encounter", the "and..." also meant, what happened next? Enquiring minds want to know, did the bus get you where you needed to be on time (to work I guess), were there any other excitements? Did anyone try to hijack the bus, and demand that the bus be driven to Cuba?
Sue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the bus did arrive safely to drop me off at my place of work and wasn't hijacked and taken to Cuba .... which trust me would have been more fun (even the crossing of the Atlantic) and my close encounter with Julia(I feel we are almost best friends now)was the most interesting thing that happened all day Sad

I assume Hollywood films are made in Canada because it is cheaper ? and there is a story to be told here but who should tell it Confused

apologises for weird little facey things but I have just learnt how to do it without it coming out as (:
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue wrote:

I assume Hollywood films are made in Canada because it is cheaper ? and there is a story to be told here but who should tell it Confused

There used to be tax advantages ot filming in Canada; Arnold Swartzeneger is currently re-partiating hollywood to fix that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also because Canada looks nicer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: