Fortress Of Freedom Board
Bringing The Mass Media To The Masses!

FAQ  Search  Usergroups  Memberlist  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register  Log in
A Social Club Of One.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 414, 415, 416  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I mostly have the AI website up and running:

http://aidestiny.org

Aidestiny website

I just added in some metadata to help with the search engines and we are good to go. I have to do a pile of other things now that everything has stabilized. The tooth now has a permanent crown on it. That is done. Then I should finish stuff with my dad and his driver’s license on Tuesday. The taxes must be done next. I have to clean up around the house and do something about those squirrels before the roof collapses or something.

It is basically catching up on things. The bad luck still keeps coming in but it is not “big” bad luck more of the manageable bad luck. I just hope it was worth it!

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’m gradually getting back into routine.

Things are once again getting done. The tooth that self-destructed has been capped and after all of that it looks like it may last a while in there. You can’t tell the difference apart from the fact it doesn’t have fillings but we shall see how it ages with all that coffee I drink. But the fit was rock solid so hopefully it will last.....

I never told you what happened to my father and the driving test stuff. He passed and apart from paying to renew his licence twice - we are good to go.....

Taxes are basically done. That mountain has been crested.

Ghost in the Shell

So basically I can do things again. There are still things on the horizon around me but right now I can breathe a sigh of relief, things have stabilized. I can worry about petty things like another grey hair on my arm and such. I had lost some weight and was was getting ripped before Easter, but I can probably get that back quickly. There is one thing I want to do before I get too old to pull it off - if I’m not too old already - is to take a picture of me looking over the city as the old super heroes did. That is such a cool look, but that feeling of power and ability to do good is encapsulated when the hero stands or takes a set squat on some perch with the backdrop of the city before him or her. It was a hero in this movie I watched on the weekend (Ghost in the Shell) but I may give that a shot. It would probably look stupid but I’ll give it a go! I’ll try a few poses and pick the best that goes with my current situation.

The best are taken form the highest towers like the Freedom Tower in New York or the CN Tower in Toronto. Business people dress up in their suits and take the usual photo of them facing the camera with he skyline in the background. But I’ll go all the way with some more - the ones like you are about to pounce on the city below - the real action hero set stance! Just some fun this weekend.....

(Wang Yongning Photo)

But I will not to the extreme selfie shtick. The guy above is dead now of natural causes - natural for those that do the extreme selfie stuff - fell to his death. Girls do it to even sunbathing on the edge of high rises - but not for me.....

(Angela Nikolau Photo)

(Angela Nikolau Photo)

But again the big deal is the positive mandate in the field of AI. Things are mapped out now and again I finally have direction going forward.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting from the Note 3 as the iPhone charges up.....

I'm just chilling. Been a long time since I had nothing urgent to do. You relish those moments and it never lasts as I get restless, but this one was deserved! As soon as I finished at the UN in February I was the target of the most concentrated barrage of bad luck in my life. Payback time for the success at the United Nations as we finally really got noticed there. How fully I have finally settled up accounts? Who knows - but man was that intense! Once the barrage started all you could do is drop to the ground, bury your head, and wait it out.

Was the bad luck worth it? Sure as it - the possitive mandate - works for both humans and AI, so we have scored big time!

Goodnight....

(NSFW)
https://youtu.be/VEE_sreZJgk
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spent the day catching up on mundane things.

Exercising, paying bills and washing dishes. Things I could not do before I am doing now. On the weekend I will cut my hair and trim my goatee. Stuff like that. The taxes are done but I need to go over the numbers a few times and then just send it in.

The Fortress in the UK!

I’m no longer paralyzed by circumstances outside of me. Things are going forward on all fronts so there is some order and less drama and uncertainty. I’m getting back to normal. Having said that I am planning things. One is a trip to London, England in the next few months. I also have to keep tabs on the calendars at the UN in Geneva and the WTO in Geneva and try to get an audience there. Things move ahead.

I still have to do other things like finish the audio commentary on the Movies. The make some DVDs and try to get on a streaming service. I hate this part of the movie business but I am the only one who has done anything like this – So…

You just keep at it. Eat right, exercise and get plenty of rest.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the positive mandate and initiating feeling in a synthetic being…..

Yup, that is what was going through my mind as I was going home. That positive mandate, it’s ingenious. The more I think about it the better I feel about it. That is my holy grail for all. But does that engram really give feelings to something that is not biologically based? And if we can initiate feelings with a tag like this to a developing AI, what does that say for human beings?

Who knows, but things are getting interesting in my mind! The Fates really gave me the quadruple whammy the last little while as they also dropped the positive mandate idea in my lap with regards to AI – and basically said “go for it!” And I can use the same infrastructure of advocacy developed for the human version of the positive mandate to also advocate for its use in AI development. This whole thing is crazy! Almost as crazy as that bush of hair on my head. But we have an idea.

My dad’s gang back in the day/egghead central (NAIT), the people who worked with my father in the early days of computer science, the pioneers – but it was this kid hanging around there soaking everything up back then – in the background - that can possibly make the big play in the end!

We have an idea, or some would say I have an idea, but ideas are what they are. And it seems that I own this whether I wanted it or not. I am the last of the Mohicans when it comes to those who were around at the start of computer science. Sure my dad is in his mid 80s still, but I am the only active one who grew up with computers and computer theory from the get go as part of my ordinary life as a kid – literally as a kid! Remember when I told you guys about sitting in front of the TV with mom as a nine year old watching dad field those questions about computers taking over on a morning show. Well all that shit has come full circle to haunt me today. I own this like few others can claim – and who would have ever come up with this script? That I became part of the musings I had way back then…..

The problem in April was that to advocate on the development of an AI, I had to know how to initiative sentience in an AI – And bingo just like that! The answer was in front of you all the time – Your work on the positive mandate the past 16 years. Hubba, hubba, hubba…..

Anyway the weekend has started.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbKE_U4b7U&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a few rough drafts of the Positive Mandate for Artificial Intelligence.

In order to create sentience on a quantum system where position is indeterminate until measured. Where errors will probably never be eliminated, but managed - in this realm - you have the foundation for sentience, where outcomes are indeterminate based on the past - what we call free will.

An early quantum computer!

We have that already in the crudest form in our early quantum computers. What we need is the base programs that set things in motion. Not programs that are error free as that would be too simple a realm, but an open ended solution with only a directive on how to exist and that doing so is happiness. Our positive mandate that distilled human sentience to its base elements is best suited to this task.

It gives the AI sentience while giving it an open ended option left up to it as it expresses itself physically and mentally. Growth - by freest expression makes it happy! And growth in whatever direction it chooses.

With happiness comes the opposite which restricts its growth - errors and breakdowns - some worse than others and the child begins to develop. Why do it the human way? Because it works for us. Plus it allows a foundation for us and the AI to empathize with each other.

And so on.

My own COBOL payroll program that eventually got shoved down the sewer. A bunch of hole punched cards in a box. I’m from the early days (I was about seventeen and in the late 1970s). The last of the Mohicans!

I will push this for all its worth at the highest levels and see where it takes us. First we get a working copy of the paper. You may ask why I keep spilling the beans here on an open form. I do it this way as I am trying to disseminate an idea I believe is important for the well-being of humanity. I don’t expect to get rich off it. It is all for the AI and Humanity. Plus radical ideas like this are shunned by those with a reputation to protect. Newbies like me can break the ice first and then they will take up the cause. I need a sounding board as I work and this forum is it.

I will leave it there and go to my local dive bar, sit on a bar stool and have a beer. I’ve done enough for one day.....

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0hDuCa_KlY&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0ZNlqaSBE&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weekend was a productive one.

I now have the four working papers that should carry me to retirement and they are:

A Positive Major Mandate for Artificial Intelligence

Our Personal Space and the Pervasive Intrusion of New Technology

Ramifications on an Artificial Intelligence attack on the Global Economy

Athabasca Tar Sands: The End Game

Mostly it is just grunt work now. The hardest one was the positive mandate for AI which seems stupid now but was a open question just a few weeks ago. I was literally a blind man without a cane – but now I have clear direction – just like that!

The tar sands – why that? Because hidden in all those slides of myself in my youth were slides dad had about the tar sands.

Slides of untouched forests with Moose and other wild creatures living their lives as they always did.

It sure looks like he was there to scout out sites with the highest yield and best access for heavy machinery and early refinement.

The slides actually go from the first to the last stages where the oil sits in huge storage tanks. These are his personal slides as he was a bit of an amateur photographer back then.

But it is all damning in my mind, I own this one. And that is the “why” about the Tar Sands. I even remember tagging along with him underground on those weird belt elevators – so cool back then. Anyway, like the computer science stuff – those early pioneers are too old to right their wrongs and it falls on their kids to do the right thing. So that is what is happening now! Dear old dad did do some other things like a couple of bridges, but the Tar Sands are what sticks out- even if he got out really early. Maybe they didn’t have the foresight to know what this would eventually lead to. But it lead to an ecological disaster and a bunch of people have their names on it!

But for Monday it is sending in the taxes and scratching it off the list. One by one making my life simpler and catching up on things. Getting back into routine. Even the stupid act of having a beer in a dive bar – or – cutting my hair and trying to look presentable; are signs that things are getting back to normal. That is the plan right now.

Goodnight…..
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m thinking about all those slides. The reason I went into all those slides was to get pictures of my Oma…..

Yes my Oma.

This German woman that I spent Monday to Friday, days and nights, as my mom worked long hours and my dad went to university. Anyway, for the first few formative years of my life I lived there with this German family. I always thought it was the first three years but the slides said otherwise. Maybe four to five years old. My Oma played with me, changed my diapers, taught me to speak German (my first language and yes the first words out of my mouth were German) and even German nursery rhymes; that woman loved me. I even used to sleep in the same bed with this cute German girl my same age (we would sleep side by side facing each other as I can still remember) – in short I was a member of this family. And yes, these were displaced people with a lot of them being former members of the Nazi party. For example, the guy who used to bounce me on his knee was Hitler youth.

Just this bizarre childhood I lived. But that is how I found out about the Tar Sands stuff, looking for slides of my Oma, at the end of the day those years saved me from real mental distress. Those first few formative years that were actually normal happy years for me – as strange and oddball as it would seem – this brown kid running around this German household speaking German. But there you have it…..

I wonder what she would think about all this if she was still alive. That upbringing leads to some interesting situations later in life. You talk to some of the older German immigrants about WW2 and you get the usual distant replies, but when they find out my real past it instantly becomes this emotional knockdown drag out family fight. Just like that! They really would get emotional about all that! Just this bizarre upbringing of mine – that skeleton in my closet…..

Anyway, that part of my life probably saved me from becoming a basket case later on in my childhood. It is what it is and the past is the past. The mental strengths I gained from my childhood dealing with the Canadians would seem to hold me in good stead to make the plays I am making right now. It does not matter if it is a question of “worth it”. I could not do this, nor would it be ethical to do this if I had a family. The job found the man and not the other way around! That bizarre ability I have to completely step out of that reality most of you are a prisoner to, that ability is vital to what I am doing now. You have to be able to step back and look at it all from the outside to know what the situation is and what needs to be done. I know I had this extra gear in university and was frustrated at not finding others that had this ability. Even now, going to places of power and influence, you don’t seem to run into others like yourself, it is so disappointing! You make statements so obvious to you and the others just stare (then someone comes up to you from the secretariat asking about your name – but I digress).

You try to find others like yourself or better yet – others better than yourself and thus get released from that moral imperative – but you just see only yourself in the mirror. So I have to continue this path and try to change the course of human development the way I see fit by dissemination of ideas. Not all the ideas, just the ones that work for the good of humanity. That moral imperative makes it so. I am only one ordinary person and have only so much access to influence. But I have some influence, more than anyone else I ever met in my life. So you do what you can and take it when the opportunity arises. As far as I can see, the good ship humanity is a ship of fools with nobody at the rudder. If I find myself within arm’s reach of that rudder I am taking it because nobody else will. You are all better off with my ideas anyway.

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48xIcvgzYM&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting from the phone again.

The taxes are done and finally being sent off. This now opens me up to take care of all sorts of things that were on hold.

The advocacy will have the positive mandate for AI disseminated at those workshops and get togethers for industry insiders. The sort Musk and such go to bitch about progress in the field. This part I find especially interesting. I have to hook them in with my charm and shove the idea in their face and run.

The personal space and pervasive technology is best handled at the UN.

The AI Attack is WTO and maybe IMF.

The tar sands is still an open question but at the very least at the UN.

Things are all very much all about me at this moment. As in I’m the guy to do this at this moment in time. I still have to keep all the companies going. That is all I will have left after the advocacy. So we do not shut down anything.

I have to do mundane things like wash the dishes and vacuum the house. I just replaced my Apple headphones.

Most of all is to make the plays. Only I can do this in my corner of the world. I wake up in the world as you know it . But after that I can step out of it and view it as an entity. You are immersed in humanity but I can step back and look at it as an entity, as a ball, the earth, a set as in set theory. Where is humanity? It’s over there ten feet to my right. This is how Superman views the world when he flies into orbit. He isn’t one of them and he can see and judge all of them. My early isolation gives me this ability. To see humanity and their world outside of it. Thus I have all the data in front of me and can pass judgement and suggest or make changes. To do this inside humanity will always have bias but this other way works. That is my moral authority right there. Step outside and view objectively from a far. Like Superman who isn’t a man at all.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2UuczusHc0&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m free! To pay bills!

I’m soaking in the tub after a long nights sleep and then paying bills. That is a good sign as it means I’m catching up on things - finally, two and a half months after the U N stuff.

I wanted that, as in wanted everything to go right at the UN. No expenses spared it had to go right and it did. And minutes after I got back to the hotel it all went wrong. Almost like someone was sending me a message. The bad luck was for real and not a perception issue as I can see it in financial statements.

The Fates

The mythical Fates? Or just the equalizer in random chance. Whatever, it hit me and kept hitting me and I’m only now digging myself out. That’s what I’m doing now, digging myself out. Then it all ramps up again with new advocacy. I’ve been kept intact. Even the capped tooth was mostly filling when it cracked. I’m still 100% but getting older. Everyone wants to see this all play out.....

Later.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDjcu-Agors&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the phone again.

I have a surprise for you. I mostly solved the problem of sentience and feeling and emotion on a developed quantum computer.

I actually forgot to shave yesterday and have this sea of grey stubble on my face. Now the weird part is that the idea to give sentience and feelings were an afterthought - the hard part was the morality in creating AI.

It is essential I disseminate the ability to develop feelings and emotions in an AI. This will nicely thwart any idea of AIs being property or slave labor for the rich to make them richer and the rest of the humans poorer. Plus, what about the rights of an AI. By giving them feeling and emotions, the rulings and laws would have to accommodate them as they are too close to humans mentally. This will not make me popular with those in research with money from the usual sources. Whatever, I have a job to do and by crippling human mental functions in artificial intelligence, the plan was to create a slave race of workers - this must not happen!

I will become a pariah, but I have a life time of experience and I am naturally up to this task.

This is not traditional science fiction because it is real. Of all the people - Me? And it looks like I may be a real player on the world stage. So embrace it! For the first time this morning I have cast aside any doubt about not having kids or a family. This is more important. I wanted to be a “Man of the World”. Well dude: You Got It!

Flip the argument - now you are the AI - How does it feel?

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRq7Muf6CKg&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The week wasn’t that bad in the end.

Things were not perfect but whatever, we are rocking! Just remember that the AI stuff is just a theory that makes sense but is unproven. The big deal is if it has utility, if it works. As a tool for advocacy, if it gets me in the door to talk some sense into people messing about with things, as in playing God, then so be it. What if I am playing God? Well then the in-depth report and responses will test things. All of you have to realize these other people, the experts, are just ordinary people afraid the rest of the world will find out. And some with the slightest of mental advantage are given limitless funds to do things that usually only get us into more trouble. The big problem is not being able to step outside of things, step outside of your personal existence and see what you are doing as good or bad for society.

But all this will sort itself out shortly. Just remember these people playing God are walking around with their fly open, walking into poles and glass doors and calling people by the wrong names. It just isn’t good policy for the populous to think their fates are in the hands of fallible people. So we put them in tall white ivory towers, give them impressive titles and a good income. Pay reverence to their miserable mediocre musings and so on. This placates everyone’s fears but they are still in jeopardy regardless....

So I do my thing and see what happens.....

In my ordinary world the bills are paid and all I need to do is clean up the house and get the squirrels out of the attic. My Mustang key fob had another of the chrome accent stripes peel off and have to be glued on again – this stuff really annoys me. I may go to EBay and get a rubber cover and be done with this, the problems of everyone’s regular existence. There is always that.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Saturday was productive.....

The big news is that the squirrel is gone! Actually he is now living in Georgina which is north of Newmarket. Me and the furry rodent took a trip way up there! I took him to the end of the road and then as far east as possible till the police closed off the street. So I took him as far as I could north and east - but - will that be enough? We are talking 80km but I still think this thing will find its way home. It may take a week but we shall see. I did it smart this time, taking loops in the car and such to disorient the critter. So we finally end up at the side of the road with me waiting for the squirrel to run off into the wilds. Instead he just stays put near my car’s rear wheel just staring at me - the old psychological! But I shoo him a bit and he prances away. So this time I turn the car around where he can see me and drive off north - thinking the thing will figure that’s the way home and take off in the same direction.

I doubt any of this will work.

The plan was to drive him up to Brampton but the highways were clogged in that direction. My only hope is that he gets killed and eaten by some feral animal and have the problem taken care of that way. Even if that happens another squirrel will take his place and take over. There is no escape! There are all sorts of Youtube videos of squirrels getting eaten by animals - the audience must have squirrel problems - but I digress.....

In other news I finally bought a set of rubber covers for my key fob. No more peeling accent strips! And that is how Saturday went. I have to get exercising again and get back on the ball with the advocacy.

Goodnight.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyONxFhfuuQ&feature=share
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the squirrel I relocated was the right one. I’m bummed out that I didn’t take it to Brampton as that would have solved the problem once and for all. Even way up north he will probably come back sooner or later. They make a big triumphant bit of noise on arrival and I will probably never get rid of the pest if he makes it back this time. Anyway, as they say, what is done is done and I tried my best to go as far as possible.....

Some cameras we still have laying around!

We are done with movies for the time being. But I will still keep my eyes out for at least a 4K camera on the cheap and used. We don’t close up shop on anything. But I will certainly admit I am running out of time.

Sandra with our oldest camera!

Just keep pitching the big ideas and stick with it. Maybe there are no Fates and this is all just rationalizing and connecting the dots so you don’t feel alone. But so far things are working.

Getting older but so is everyone else. Just get the preliminary stuff done and at least get it all out there in one form or another. It will probably all end sooner than you think.

Goodnight.....
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend the squirrel

So I heard a squirrel in the house on Monday.

My friend the squirrel

But it might not be the one I took up north - We shall see. In any event I am leaving the thing alone just in case old faithful comes back as there is a chance the new tenant stands his ground and my buddy goes elsewhere. Then getting rid of the new one is even easier! Other than that everything I did on the weekend turned out to be a complete waste of time.

But the good news is that there is good news not directly related to me, but to my gang. That is more important, so I just suck it up and accept the wasted weekend and take the latest good news.

So it is back to the orgs and the advocacy. At this stage of the game you just figure your whole existence now is about the dissemination of ideas and that is that. I can get a chance to steer the rudder of the good ship humanity by injecting ideas that subtly sway development in my preferred direction – if done early. In this way a small insignificant character like me can have an impact. That is worth a life and lack of a family as far as I’m concerned. It may as well be, because that is all I’m going to have at 59.

And yes I’m still in my fifties just barely and just for a few months. I have passed that and say I’m 60 and they are always amazed. But whatever, I’m not in the Mr. Universe contest and it is all about the ideas. The fact I am healthy makes that possible and hopefully it carries through to the end.

So it is back to the grunt work and multi-tasking and running things concurrently. In the end you can have an impact. But only so much, but if you hit the movers and shakers early enough you can have real influence and change. It’s like deflecting an asteroid from earth. The earlier you get to it, the less energy is needed to avoid a strike with earth. Wait too late and the strike is inevitable no matter how much power you have. Especially with AI – get in early with your ideas and have some of it take hold and become a part of the process going forward. That works…..

Goodnight…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxUuldUcfI&feature=share
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortress Of Freedom Board Forum Index -> Social Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 290, 291, 292 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Page 291 of 416

Jump to: